• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Site Type

CouponGirl

DIS Veteran
So excited to be planning a trip for next year! You guys have been so helpful with answering questions and now I have another that I hope you’ll share your opinion with me.

If you’re doing a non-park trip, which type of site do you prefer? Does the site type matter to you? We will have a golf cart - if that makes a difference.

Thanks!!

Just did that this summer. Being that you have a golf cart, I would think almost any loop would be nice. Normally, if we did a non park trip, we would like to be near the boats (1, 2, 300 loops) to get to other resorts for meals. But covid has knocked some of that off the table.

I do like the quiet pool. So we stayed at 2100 this past summer. But there are no bad loops though.

Just did that this summer. Being that you have a golf cart, I would think almost any loop would be nice.

I see two options here for you and our poster @nomorethan8 got one of them: you can go with a favorite for whatever reason it's your favorite. Or you can go cheapest on a get-in basis which usually means a Full site for those that require all hook-ups.

I've done non-park stays and went with my favorite loop (Preferred/100) for location. Of course, back then we had the Electric Water Parade, fireworks over MK, porch music from Trails End, and Hoop Dee Door Review crowds/excitement three times a night. Of course, now all of the previous are cancelled for the time being (but sites are still full price). When next year are you going? The later the more things might loosen up.

So to answer your question, I still request/book the type of site I want even WHEN I have park days. Having park days doesn't become a driver to me as to site type. I drive to the non-MK parks and boat to MK regardless. My focus doesn't change but yours might - do you want a peace-and-quiet stay at the Fort (maybe a Full?) or near the beach like me (Preferred?) or big and paved wide (Premium?) or close to the campfire singalong and pool (Premium Meadows?).

With a golf cart in your plans you can get anywhere so stay in your favorite and enjoy the mobility that offers.

Bama Ed

Depends on the size of the camper and where one can fit. Preferred are nice, full are nice, premium and premium meadows are all good choices. With a golf cart it really does not matter.

Thanks for the responses! I can see I probably didn’t put enough info to give a full picture.

I’ve never been to the fort, so don’t have a favorite location. All I know about the locations is what I’ve seen on here, Facebook group or YouTube. I just kind of assumed it might make a difference if you are doing a bunch of park days or just hanging out at the fort.

We will be going next October, so I am hopeful that many of the things currently not happening will be happening by then. If a lot is still not happening I may have to re-evaluate and postpone, as I’m hoping to convince one more hesitant member of the family that camping is wonderful and we should start doing it all the time 😂

All site types are currently available for my dates, so I was just trying to evaluate if a particular site type is better than another for a trip centered on doing things at the fort. I guess what I should have asked is if someone has never been to the fort and this may be their only opportunity to stay, is there a particular site type you’d recommend? (We’re renting an rv).

do you want a peace-and-quiet stay at the Fort (maybe a Full?) or near the beach like me (Preferred?) or big and paved wide (Premium?) or close to the campfire singalong and pool (Premium Meadows?).
Thanks for this snapshot of the different locations!

I will say that with a 40' trailer preferred sites where hit an miss as to what I could fit in. They had to have no obstructions at the back of the pad in order for me to fit. I personally do not need to be that close to the pool or meadows so the new $uper Premium classed sites are not important to me. I can deal with walking or golf carting over. However, with our latest 5th wheel I been sticking to premium sites just due to its size. When I had a 36' Diesel pusher any site worked because we had golf carts.

I will say that with a 40' trailer preferred sites where hit an miss as to what I could fit in. They had to have no obstructions at the back of the pad in order for me to fit. I personally do not need to be that close to the pool or meadows so the new $uper Premium classed sites are not important to me. I can deal with walking or golf carting over. However, with our latest 5th wheel I been sticking to premium sites just due to its size. When I had a 36' Diesel pusher any site worked because we had golf carts.
Thanks, we are renting so I’ve assumed that if they said it will work in any site type (other than tent/pop up) that the size isn’t a concern. However I will double check!

Are you renting locally? Or renting and driving the RV down? The local guys from what I see have kept their rigs under 36' which they are able to get into pretty much every site. It's different for those rentals, no need to park it yourself which is nice.

Are you renting locally? Or renting and driving the RV down? The local guys from what I see have kept their rigs under 36' which they are able to get into pretty much every site. It's different for those rentals, no need to park it yourself which is nice.
We are doing a local rental so we can just show up and have someone who knows what they are doing set it up 😂

Thanks for the responses! I can see I probably didn’t put enough info to give a full picture.

I’ve never been to the fort, so don’t have a favorite location. All I know about the locations is what I’ve seen on here, Facebook group or YouTube. I just kind of assumed it might make a difference if you are doing a bunch of park days or just hanging out at the fort.

We will be going next October, so I am hopeful that many of the things currently not happening will be happening by then. If a lot is still not happening I may have to re-evaluate and postpone, as I’m hoping to convince one more hesitant member of the family that camping is wonderful and we should start doing it all the time 😂

All site types are currently available for my dates, so I was just trying to evaluate if a particular site type is better than another for a trip centered on doing things at the fort. I guess what I should have asked is if someone has never been to the fort and this may be their only opportunity to stay, is there a particular site type you’d recommend? (We’re renting an rv).
Without paying Meadows Premium pricing, we like the 1100 loop which is a short walk to Meadows Trading Post/Swimming Pool, and still has a wider pad than the full hook-up pads.

I don't believe there is dining plan currently.

I was thinking if they did do a dining plan or the refillable mugs, it is nice for the kids to be able to able to utilize refills by the pool or upfront! When my kids were little they would walk to fill up their mugs so it might be nice to be close for that. Hopefully things are more normal next year.

I was thinking if they did do a dining plan or the refillable mugs, it is nice for the kids to be able to able to utilize refills by the pool or upfront! When my kids were little they would walk to fill up their mugs so it might be nice to be close for that. Hopefully things are more normal next year.
Sadly, refillable mugs aren't a thing yet either. :( At least they weren't in October. Hopefully you're right about things being closer to normal next year.

I would say the 1100 loop is just as central as the 1000 loop. When we would go for walks staying in the 1000 loop we would walk through 1100 too. I think any of the ones you are considering would be great for you.

If you'll have a car save yourself some money and go into town and shop. There are lots of options nearby, otherwise amazon fresh and Instacart are the top two used for all Disney resorts.

We pack insulated water bottles (doesn't matter the type), they are worth it in the park to keep things cool. And because you can always ask for a cup of water at most quick service locations to refill them. We would do that to top off the cup with water and ice to keep trucking along. It was better than trying to carry extra disposable water bottles with us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter