Six Flags Magic Mt. "Holiday in the Park" Drive Thru Experience

I went to this tonight and thought it was fun. I’d recommend it. When else will you have an opportunity to drive thru a park?

We got in free since we’re members, but we did buy the family snack pack. It was $50, which is a lot, but you do get a lot of stuff. It had 4 hot chocolates, a box of a dozen chocolate chip cookies, a large bag of popcorn (about the size of a grocery store bag!), gummy bears, welches fruit snacks, and a Superman popcorn bucket.

You enter at the normal parking gates and show your tickets. We were at the first reservation time of the night and it seemed like there was confusion with some people not realizing you need tickets/reservations.

After the parking lot entrance, you drive around to the back of the park where they give you whatever you ordered. Then you drive thru the park.

Driving thru the park took about 30 minutes. There are lots of lights and performers along the way - dancers, musicians, etc - and music playing. Very nice atmosphere and fun for the kids.

I would recommend it, although if I was paying for tickets, I might forgo the snack pack and bring my own snacks from home.

I went to this tonight and thought it was fun. I’d recommend it. When else will you have an opportunity to drive thru a park?

We got in free since we’re members, but we did buy the family snack pack. It was $50, which is a lot, but you do get a lot of stuff. It had 4 hot chocolates, a box of a dozen chocolate chip cookies, a large bag of popcorn (about the size of a grocery store bag!), gummy bears, welches fruit snacks, and a Superman popcorn bucket.

You enter at the normal parking gates and show your tickets. We were at the first reservation time of the night and it seemed like there was confusion with some people not realizing you need tickets/reservations.

After the parking lot entrance, you drive around to the back of the park where they give you whatever you ordered. Then you drive thru the park.

Driving thru the park took about 30 minutes. There are lots of lights and performers along the way - dancers, musicians, etc - and music playing. Very nice atmosphere and fun for the kids.

I would recommend it, although if I was paying for tickets, I might forgo the snack pack and bring my own snacks from home.
Wow, I didn't know it was free to members! Maybe I'll take the kids and go check it out.

Thanks for the review! Glad you all had fun. :)

Only tangentially related, but I live in Northern California where Six Flags Discovery Kingdom was open for the "Marine World Experience" where they operated as a zoo/aquarium from July until early December when they went to a similar drive-thru lights experience. And they had food service available including standard member meals. Eventually they modified it to lunch and dinner any time as long as they were 90 minutes apart. And of course an extension of the membership for as long as they remain closed for rides.

So we did the park drive on Christmas day. It's a smaller park so it was over in about 15 minutes. It was still interesting driving through a place I would normally walk through. I also didn't quite get the sign saying parking lights only until I realized other cars only had parking lights.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter