Six pics of cast members from my trip in December...

Quicklabs

DIS Veteran
I found myself concentrating on people much more this last trip. Here are a few that I liked. The cast members are so very nice and accomodating when they see a camera.

All taken with the 18-200 VR, handheld.

Steve, the concierge at the BWV. He's been there for years, and I know that I'm "home" when I see him at check in.
ConciergeStevecropped.jpg

One of the French acrobats after the show.
Frenchperformer2003.jpg

This was right out of the camera.
Parademan.jpg

Wonderful, wonderful performers at the AK.
DSC_6504-1.jpg

I'm telling you -- VR works! Zoomed out to 200, but handholding at 1/30th.
Fristgroupsingercropped.jpg

Have to work on the background on this one. I didn't see the guy in the background as I composed this shot. Should have opened the aperture at the time and noticed my ridiculous ISO of 400. This cast member's personality matched the warmth of her voice.
Womansinger2.jpg

Thanks for looking and for any comments you might have about how to improve. I've really seen a difference in my shots between my trip in 07 and the one in 08, thanks mostly to all that I learn here at the DIS.

Not very remarkable after 76 views, eh? That's okay--will try to improve the next trip.

Hey! Those are great.

I love the one of the French acrobat. It really captured a personality.

Can't wait to see more.

Debbie

I try not to post any sort of comments on people's photos, just because I don't think I'm "qualified" yet...although I do have to say, the picture of the man straight out of the camera is probably my favorite. The colors look really saturated and bright. :thumbsup2

The last would be my least favorite of the three because like you pointed out..it seems to be mid-day sun and ISO 400 seems to have maybe overexposed that one a bit, on the woman's hat and shoulder.

Still waiting to see what else you managed to get on your trip. If they are anything like these of the CMs and your photo that you entered into the Christmas at the Resorts thread, I'm sure they won't be "unremarkable" :goodvibes

No, not underwhelming! They're VERY nice!!! I tried to get a pic of the OKW CM when we were there and she ducked behind a guest. Said she hates the way she looks in pictures. All that means is I still snapped and got the backside of a guest - now that's underwhelming!!!!! :lmao:

Not very remarkable after 76 views, eh? That's okay--will try to improve the next trip.

Hehehehee, I have an excuse. I was out of town!

All of them are very nice, clear and natural color. They made me want to be a Disney employee!

thanks

MIkeeee

Hi Quicklabs, I was one of your 76 viewers and LOVE the pics, I agree that the one straight from the camera is my favorite, the colours are just amazing.

I love to look at all the shots on here but I am in no way qualified to offer any opinion other than "WOW" because I generally have no idea what I am doing :rotfl:

I love these pictures.

All the posters on this board make me strive to be a better photographer, even at an amateur level

Is it a Sigma lens?

I was thinking of getting a Sigma for my Canon XSi...that or the canon 18-200 as I am really looking at a walk around lens for France.

AWESOME shots...Can`t wait to see more...Give us another subject...Please.:thumbsup2

These are great photos...although I am just an amateur so I really don't what I'm talking about...however, even for someone like me (who is counting the seconds until she can get a new camera) these photos helped me get a different perspective on photography at Disney...there are wonderful faces, people, and human "characters" that are missing from my 300+ photos I take on my trips. I appreciate you posting these! I will try to broaden the types of photos I take at WDW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter