Size of Food at DW Parks - do you share?

lifepaused

Mouseketeer
Due to our budget, we a looking to at maybe sharing certain meals at DW Parks. I have seen vids of meals and sometimes they seem rather large for one person.

Do you share meals? How do you find the size of the meals?

Thankyou for all reponses.

40 days to go.... YAH

We have been known to share at restaurants that offer a la carte items.
Many portion sizes are ample.

It varies from place to place really. There are some quick-service locations with big servings that are probably shareable. 2 that come to mind would be Flame Tree Barbecue at Animal Kingdom (ribs and chicken + sides in one combo meal), and the nachos are pretty big at La Cantina de San Angel in Mexico in EPCOT.

It varies from place to place, but for the most part when we eat CS DH and I share meals or get a couple different sides at different restaurants as we walk as our meal. For TS meals I often get an appetizer instead of an entree or we will get a couple appetizers to share, we don't like to walk around the parks being stuffed so this works well for us.

I have found for the most part, portions are ok. I have never left hungry, nor stuffed. However, if you find yourself in Disney Springs eating at Ragland Road...share. Also one of my favorite area restaurants btw.

Hubby and I have shared some meals. On our trip last year, I remember we shared a ribs, chicken and pulled pork platter at Flame Tree, nachos at La Cantina in Epcot (with a side of churros), chicken ribs platter at Cosmic Ray's (looks like it has been replaced with chicken and pulled pork), and the fajita platter at Pecos Bills. Sometimes, we share the big breakfast platter at the resort cs, but we had breakfast in our room last trip.

Yes we share qs meals and snacks. If you split a meal and still feel hungry try a snack from somewhere else. Ultimately I'm not sure if we save money this way be we definitely throw less food away.

As others have said it varies and it also matters who exactly is sharing. My daughter (now 6) and I always share a meal, which works out great for us. Worst case though you share, are still hungry, and then just snack later. Still cheaper than 2 meals :-)

My niece and I shared the fish and chips from Yorkshire County Fish Shoppe. It was plenty for the two of us and we love fish and chips.

Some are some aren't. We avoid this stress by budgeting not to split but to share each others choice. We eat too much and don't stress over the budget. This also means we go less often...but eat good.

Husband and I often share a meal at counter service. I have found carrying a 12 inch piece of aluminum foil in my backpack, makes it easier to "split" a meal. That way we each have a plate. Sometimes CS will give you an extra plate but not always.

We also discovered the kids meals are less expensive and better for you. If we cannot pick an adult meal to share, we each get a kids meal. They often include milk, which we both fail to get enough of on vacation. Kids meals are more nutritious as they contain fruit or vegetables too.

Definitely. We've shared CS meals. The sandwiches in Norway are huge! When travelling with DS, we find 2 meals are often enough for 3 people. I've also split the chicken dinner at Ragland Road with DS.

We do share CS meals frequently, but rarely at TS since we just get any leftovers wrapped.

Nope, not sharing. My Dh eats a full portion and while I may not finish all mine, not enough to share

we have opted to not get fries on one meal and share them at a CS place. But that is about it

It varies from place to place really. There are some quick-service locations with big servings that are probably shareable. 2 that come to mind would be Flame Tree Barbecue at Animal Kingdom (ribs and chicken + sides in one combo meal), and the nachos are pretty big at La Cantina de San Angel in Mexico in EPCOT.

These are definitely ones to share. I usually share with DD though, DH loves his food. DD and I can also share the fish and chips at Yorkshire County Fish Shoppe.

Sometimes my son and I will share at TS and often we share a breakfast since he's not a big breakfast eater and I have to have a little something. I tend to eat kid's meals for both breakfast and at QS and sometimes even then don't eat it all. At TS more often than not I'll just get a couple of appetizers and my son (grown) and I will share a dessert. I don't do it to save money I'm just not a big meal eater, I tend to eat light meals all the time and we rarely snack between meals so that helps too.

We share QS breakfast quite often-usually a Bounty Platter with an extra pastry or fruit.

DD and I would share entrees quite often, both QS and TS. We are both fairly light eaters though and like the same meals. DD is grown and out now. DH has a big appetite (meat and potatoes guy) so no sharing there.

Some of the QS meals DD and I shared:
BBQ chicken at Flame Tree (AK)
Entrees at Yak and Yeti QS (AK)
Vegetarian Platter at Tangierine Cafe (Epcot)
Nachos at Cantina de San Angel (Epcot)

We would often order an extra side like egg rolls at Yak and Yeti or onion rings at Flame Tree to bulk out the meal.

It depends on the location and particular food item. Another factor might be the appetite of the person. For example, one time I dined at Sunshine Seasons and ordered the half-chicken and I gobbled it all down by myself. Normally, that dish would be enough to share, but I was starving! I'm assuming you're not doing the dining plan, so I'd recommend just going with the flow. Places like Sunshine Seasons will have food large enough to share, and some entrees smaller. Go with what you feel!

We always share. I find the portions at WDW way too big and I do not like the feeling of being full when I am touring the parks. We typically share an entree or we might get a couple appetizers to share and a few drinks at one of the bars.

I either split an adult meal with my DS4, or we order two kids meals. Sometimes it saves, sometimes it doesn't. But kids meals offer the Mickey Check options which come with vegetables, grapes, carrots, apple juice, etc. "Healthier" options in terms of Disney food. I find we're usually full after splitting a meal without being stuffed - and I definitely don't want to walk around Disney stuffed. If we don't get enough to eat, I order more or we find a snack about an hour later. Splitting also leaves room for dessert!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter