Skagway Private Tour?

Chemist

DIS Veteran
Can anyone recommend a private tour guide for our stop in Skagway next summer?

I saw DIY Jeep Tours and am intrigued.
However, I think we would enjoy having a local guide!

(Our boys will be 7 and 12 at the time of our trip.)

Thanks!

We used Skagway Private Tours http://www.skagwayprivatetours.com/ two years ago and had a fabulous day. We took the "7 Hour Emerald Lake Lolligag Tour". Sherry is a wonderful guide and just so much fun to spend the day with. I would definitely use her again if we were to return to Skagway. Her tours are completely private - you won't be paired up with anyone else unless you arrange that ahead of time with another family.

There are other, less expensive options if you don't mind a small group tour. I've seen Chilkoot Charters mentioned on here a lot with good reviews.

We did ours with Beyond Skagway Tours, our guide was brilliant and the tour was one of our trip highlights. We drove up to Emerald Lake, and after lunch went to take the train to go back to Skagway.

There were 7 of us in our group so a private tour was great value. Because it was private we could customise it (we added a scavenger hunt for my daughter, a stop in a musher camp and the train)

You could also check if other guests in your cruise want to join for a private tour? We did that for the whale watching tour in Juneau, got together with 3 other families, and worked out perfectly

Another vote for Beyond Skagway. We and such a great time and out guide definitely personalized the itinerary and pace to our family.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter