Sketchers Go Walk ?

tripletots

DIS Veteran
After reading MANY wonderful recommendations about Go Walks for Disney I bought a pair. They are extremely comfortable. I got the lace kind.

Do you wear your Go Walks with or without socks? They are more comfortable without socks. But this leads me to my second question.

How do you clean your shoes? When I go without socks my shoes start to smell stinky after a while. Can you throw them in the washer? You cannot take the insoles out of the kind I have.

When it rains in Disney do the shoes hold up okay or do your feet slip around in the shoes? I am guessing they dry quickly but I'm not sure.

Thanks!

I don't have the lace up kind, but I have 3 pairs of the slip on style. I LOVE them! I've worn them all over WDW, Disneyland, NYC, etc.. without issues. I wear the short, no show footie socks like you can wear with flats. They have a little patch of rubber at the heel to keep them from slipping off. That helps keep the shoes from getting as stinky. I have worn them without socks as well.

You can throw them in the washer, but I purchased a little bottle of spray called "Shoe-Pourri." A couple of squirts in each shoe when I take them off keeps them smelling fresh.

I have found them to be quick drying. Last summer in NYC, I stepped in a puddle the first thing in the morning on a long day of walking/sight-seeing. I was afraid I'd be walking in squishy shoes that would rub blisters. It didn't. In fact, the interior of the shoe didn't even get wet. Now, in a drenching downpour, I'm sure they would get wetter and take longer to dry out.

I hope you enjoy them! You may find yourself buying more colors!

I bought a pair of lace-up Go Walks the day before we left for Disney and wore them all over the place. They are so lightweight and comfortable and seemed to dry quickly after a rain shower. I do wash them, but also like to take a small bottle of baby powder or Gold Bond and sprinkle that in them at night when traveling.
I also wear no-show socks with them.
I liked them so much I came home and bought a brown pair and a black pair of slip-ons that I wear almost every day in the fall/winter.

Let me tell ya..I LOVE my Go Walk's. DH has suggested a 12 step program for my Go Walk addiction but I don't need a program.....just more Go Walk"s :rotfl2:

I have slip-on's and the laced versions as well (7 pairs in all) and have never ever worn socks with any of mine. I do throw them in the washer and set them outside to dry and they are perfectly fine. You can also sprinkle baking soda in them, let them sit overnight and dump it out the next morning, absorbs any stinky smells. I have worn them in the rain and they all dried quickly.

Go Walk"s are the only shoes I bring to Disney because I know they'll be completely comfortable all day long.

Not sure if you have Meijers stores near you but I got my last 4 pair there during their BOGO for $1.00 2-day sale.

Skechers GoWalk shoes are the ugliest things ever, but I bought a pair a few months ago specifically for our Disney World trip in October and I love them (for comfort). It's so unfortunate that they look SO UGLY! I have the slip-on style (I preferred the GoWalk 2 rather than GoWalk 3) and I wear the little no-show socks with them. I haven't worn them enough to need to wash them, but I would just toss them in the washing machine on cold and air dry and they should be fine. I haven't worn them in the rain or anything before so I don't know how quickly they'd dry if they were totally soaked, but I would worry about them holding a lot of water and maybe even creating blisters from the wet shoe rubbing. I would think the lace-up styles would take even longer to dry out.

Skechers GoWalk shoes are the ugliest things ever, but I bought a pair a few months ago specifically for our Disney World trip in October and I love them (for comfort). It's so unfortunate that they look SO UGLY! I have the slip-on style (I preferred the GoWalk 2 rather than GoWalk 3) and I wear the little no-show socks with them. I haven't worn them enough to need to wash them, but I would just toss them in the washing machine on cold and air dry and they should be fine. I haven't worn them in the rain or anything before so I don't know how quickly they'd dry if they were totally soaked, but I would worry about them holding a lot of water and maybe even creating blisters from the wet shoe rubbing. I would think the lace-up styles would take even longer to dry out.
I think some of the styles are pretty attractive -- for a sports shoe. I had a pair of slip one that I took to Europe on our Med cruise last year and wore as my "dressy" shoes on formal night. -- Suzanne

I usually wear socks, but sometimes don't and they do get "stinky." They are machine washable, so I just toss mine in the wash when they start to stink.

I only wear GO Walks. I have washed them and I always wear socks. You can also get the little balls that you put in the shoe that makes them smell pretty. You can get them in shoes stores, Marshalls, TjMaxx, etc.

I want to like Go Walks I really do...maybe I should try the lace up kind. I tried the slip on kind and my feet are narrow and they just don't fit my feet right. If the shoe was more narrow I would have bought them. Maybe next time I am in Kohl's armed with a 30% off coupon I will try the lace up style.

A great way to keep shoes smelling fresh is to put a cotton ball with some purification EO in the shoe ;)

I do not have the lace up kind, I have slip on. Well, I have about 10 pair of them, lots of colors and a few different materials. I bought one pair and after wearing supportive running shoes forever due to knees I didn't expect them to work for me. I actually can walk longer with less pain than I ever did. I throw them in the washing machine and air dry them. They lost no shape.

I wear them with and without socks. I like without at Disney for comfort and in case it rains, all dries fast. What I do use with or without socks is a foot spray that I love and it helps the feet smell fresher (is that a word?). :)

Kohls carries it and often on sale. Earth Therapeutics Tea Tree Oil Foot Spray.

Last edited:
I'd like to buy a pair of these for our upcoming Disneyland trip in October. Where would I be able to find the best deal I wonder? I live in Canada but only 30 minutes from the border so going down to Washington state is no problem.

I'd like to buy a pair of these for our upcoming Disneyland trip in October. Where would I be able to find the best deal I wonder? I live in Canada but only 30 minutes from the border so going down to Washington state is no problem.

Kohls has some good sales especially if you add discount coupons. I've gotten most of mine from them. I've tried their outlet stores but they are rarely much less than retail.

I don't have the "Go Walks" (yet!) but for my regular sneakers, I just take out the insole and throw it in the washer. That's the part of the shoe that gets stinky when I don't wear socks. I will occasionally throw the whole sneaker in the wash, but I usually just spot clean them.

The memory foam does wear down faster for me w/o socks then with. I use no show, and keep gold bond foot powder in them too. After a seasons wear the memory foam had been smooched. On Amazon I got a great set of memory insoles for $13.99. I ended up buying them for all my sneakers.

If you aren't too particular about color, Amazon often has odd size/color combinations on clearance... you just have to play with the options to see them. But I would highly recommend trying on a few different materials/styles if you can before buying online. They are pretty true to size, but the fit is a little different from t the originals to the 2 and 3... especially with the trendier looking materials.

I rarely wear socks with these, but love that I can toss them in the wash.

A good friend is mine calls them the "mom jeans of shoes" :rotfl2:

I love my go walks too. I have slip on and lace up and they are so comfortable. I usually wear the slip ons with out socks and the lace ups with. I think it is all a personal preference. You could try with out socks and if it seems to bug you throw a pair on. A thin pair of no show ones would easily slip in your purse or backpack. Good luck!

After reading MANY wonderful recommendations about Go Walks for Disney I bought a pair. They are extremely comfortable. I got the lace kind.

Do you wear your Go Walks with or without socks? They are more comfortable without socks. But this leads me to my second question.

How do you clean your shoes? When I go without socks my shoes start to smell stinky after a while. Can you throw them in the washer? You cannot take the insoles out of the kind I have.

When it rains in Disney do the shoes hold up okay or do your feet slip around in the shoes? I am guessing they dry quickly but I'm not sure.

Thanks!

My feet perspire heavily so foot odor was a problem for years until I read a suggestion in prevention magazine... use a spray antipersperant/deodorant on the soles of your feet. The sweat glands there respond the same as those under your arms. While it doesn't completely stop the sweating the odor issue is solved.

Note that it works best with new shoes as the heat and tiny bit of sweat you will still produce seems to reactivate the dried sweat in old shoes.

You need only a second or two of spray. Be sure to let it dry before putting on your socks and/or shoes.

With socks. I wore these last year to Disney World. Yes, they got a little spongy/smelly from the humid rain we got there and I had to throw them in the washer at the hotel and then dry. I take two pairs of running shoes though, plus Keens and flip-flops.

I want to like Go Walks I really do...maybe I should try the lace up kind. I tried the slip on kind and my feet are narrow and they just don't fit my feet right. If the shoe was more narrow I would have bought them. Maybe next time I am in Kohl's armed with a 30% off coupon I will try the lace up style.

A great way to keep shoes smelling fresh is to put a cotton ball with some purification EO in the shoe ;)

I have narrow feet as well so I knew the slip on kind wouldn't work. I got Skechers flex appeal 2.0 with cool memory foam. They lace up and are like heaven.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter