skipped nassau

We've been to Nassau several times, and it's a beautiful place - but not when those high winds have kicked up! Hard to do anything outside on those days.

There are reports over on a Royal Caribbean board that the Wish was docked at the Royal private island Coco Cay. Was anyone on the Wish on Coco Cay? Just curious. Thanks!

There are reports over on a Royal Caribbean board that the Wish was docked at the Royal private island Coco Cay. Was anyone on the Wish on Coco Cay? Just curious. Thanks!
That's why I came here. I highly doubt the Wish docked at CC since no RCI ship could. The only report has been one person on Cruise Critic reporting it with nothing to back it up.

Nope... we were on the Wish that didn't get into Nassau on Saturday. We didn't go to Coco Cay :duck:. We just had a sea day and actually did get into Castaway Cay on Sunday surprisingly.

I’m glad I didn’t book an independent excursion on Nassau now. I was going to book a throwaway room at the Comfort Suites to get access to Atlantis, but ultimately decided against it because my youngest is too short for the big slides and we’ve never been on the Dream so we should have plenty to do on the ship. And given the winds this time of year it feels better not to risk booking something I can’t get refunded if the ship isn’t able to dock. We have the stingray thing booked for CC but if we can’t dock there I know DCL will refund us.

We have the stingray thing booked for CC but if we can’t dock there I know DCL will refund us.
Yes, Disney Cruise will refund (or not charge) for any excursions booked with them if excursions are cancelled or if the ship can't dock.

On Friday, when the Fantasy was at Castaway Cay, most excursions were cancelled even though the ship did dock and stay all day. We heard unofficially that bad weather was predicted, so out of an abundance of caution, water-based activities were called off.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter