• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Skipper Canteen ADR Watch

Me too!!..we live Jungle Cruise and Adventure land so we are so excited with this new addition!

I'm kind of hoping it's open for our Nov. trip and kind of not; only b/c if it isn't open I don't have to switch my ADR's around lol! But I am hoping to eat there on our Jan. trip :thumbsup2

They said end of 2015 with no specific date...I'm hoping for our January trip!!

November and December trips planned, hoping for at least one of these trips.

Watching, too. But think I am out of luck because leaving Nov.7. Oh well, another reason to go back to WDW next year!

Do you think we will see a page for it on the MDE dining site for a few days before ADRs go live? Is that the best way to know to gear up for checking like crazy?
Is this the first new restaurant to go live in the MDE era? I was thinking BOG started maybe before MDE?

Do you think we will see a page for it on the MDE dining site for a few days before ADRs go live? Is that the best way to know to gear up for checking like crazy?
Is this the first new restaurant to go live in the MDE era? I was thinking BOG started maybe before MDE?

The Disney dining site was up and running when BOG opened. I can't remember if the dining part of the app was available then. BOG opened in late 2012. I seem to remember that you had to call to book for a day or two before they opened it up online though. You could start booking ADRs in August and BOG opened in November or December of that year.

There have been a few new restaurants open up this year in Disney Springs - the Boathouse is the one I can think of. Also Trattoria Al Forno on the Boardwalk opened in the last year or two. I can't remember how they were announced, but since Skippers is in Magic Kingdom it is sure to exceed their popularity. With it being a new restaurant I would expect a soft opening for a few weeks, an event for bloggers, etc., but so far there hasn't been as much hype for it compared to BOG.

Disney has been sneaky with how they open up ADRs lately so it's anyone's guess how they will do it - especially since this one is only a few months from opening. If Minnie's Holiday Dine is any indication they will create the page then announce it after ADRs are already available.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter