• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Skipper Canteen or Kona Cafe?

Pick one please!

• Skipper Canteen

Votes: 14 77.8%
  • Kona Cafe

Votes: 4 22.2%

• Total voters

MissDisney121

DIS Veteran
I'm trying to decide on where to go to lunch on my last Disney day. I'll be at mk. I have been to kona before but it's been years. What do you

I haven't been to either, but I am excited to try Skipper Canteen next summer. Would having to spend time leaving the park bum you out on your last day? Just something to consider regarding Kona.

I haven't eaten lunch at either but, I wouldn't take the time to go to Kona. We're looking to eat at Skipper on our next trip, though.

Thanks for the advice. Looks like most people go for skipper Canteen and since I haven't been there yet I switched my reservation to that. I'm excited!

Skippers without question. Best meal in MK. Kona excels at breakfast, but lunch and dinner leave a lot to be desired.

I voted Skippers. We have only done Kona for breakfast and dinner so I cant comment on the lunch..

We just did Skippers last week but it was for dinner. We shared the falafel and arepas. Both good. The servings are not really large.
For entrees - Dh had the chicken dish (the fried looking one, the server said it was the spiciest thing on the menu and dh asked for some siracha sauce on the side. I had the char su pork - a little fatty but good flavor. Ds had the noodle bowl with chicken. It was not hot, temperature wise, and he had a cold so he asked them to warm it up, but they insisted on making him a whole new one.

Ds and I shared the Kungaloosh minus the coffee topping. It was pretty small. Dh had one of the cakes, a small serving as well.

If you get seated in the main area (Mess Hall) it is pretty loud. All in all it was a fun experience.

First, I would not leave a theme park for lunch, way to much trouble and time. Second, I have eaten dinner at both (Skipper's and Kona) recently and I would not go back. I did not care for the menu choices and did not feel there was any value (quantity, price, etc.) to what I had to eat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter