• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Skipper Canteen Same-Day ADRs

SherriA1

Mouseketeer
Has anyone made a same-day reservation for the Skippers Canteen restaurant at MK, which currently only takes same-day reservations?I'm wondering if I can make it using the MDE app like normal adr's and, if so, what time in the morning the app will allow me to make the reservation.

Not sure if you can make them on the app, but we stopped by there this past Wednesday just out of curiosity. I inquired about possibly scheduling a time later that day to eat, and they told me it was WIDE open...I could have made a reseration for any time I wanted that day.

I'm pretty sure (like 99% sure) we made ours on the MDE app back in March. We made a last second change of parks and needed a dinner reservation for that night and the Skipper Canteen was the only one available. And, as it turns out, it was our favorite meal of the whole trip!

Do you think there are any plans to change if from same day reservations to ADR? We are going week after Thanksgiving and a few of our ADR are bleak. Apparently its free dining that time. :O

At
Do you think there are any plans to change if from same day reservations to ADR?

1) At this time, I have heard of no plans for it to become available through the a "normal" ADR process.
2) WDW is looking for "last minute" ressie places, since so many people do not want to plan 180-days in advance.

We made ours on the app! We were actually on the bus from
Hollywood studios to magic kingdom when I made it for about an hour and a half later.

I just randomly checked reservations for Nov 6 to see what's available and this popped up??? the times were 12:45, 1pm and 1:15pm... is this a glitch?

I just randomly checked reservations for Nov 6 to see what's available and this popped up??? the times were 12:45, 1pm and 1:15pm... is this a glitch?

They are now accepting ADRs for dinner. I was posted on wdwmagic that they were going to begin taking them soon and I guess "soon" means now. Just got one for August!

Do you think there are any plans to change if from same day reservations to ADR? We are going week after Thanksgiving and a few of our ADR are bleak. Apparently its free dining that time. :O

They are now taking ADRs for dinner.

That is the rumor...just posted elsewhere about 2 hours ago. But no source cited.

Opps...looks like the started already.

At

1) At this time, I have heard of no plans for it to become available through the a "normal" ADR process.
2) WDW is looking for "last minute" ressie places, since so many people do not want to plan 180-days in advance.

Guess they changed their minds! It's open for ADRs now!

Thank you for posting!!! This just solved my dilemma of being locked out of all reservations at magic kingdom on a party night!

Um I just checked for next week and got open slots. Looks like it is now taking advance reservations!

Our Ratings of Skipper Canteen: (*rev 05/17/2016*)
. . . food price value: C
. . . food quality: C
. . . food quantity per serving: D
. . . food prep speed: B
. . . food selection: C
. . . seating quantity: D
. . . seating comfort: B
. . . eatery atmosphere: D
. . . eatery convenience: B
. . . staff friendliness: B
. . . staff attentiveness: C
. . . character interaction: n/a
Our Recommendations:
. . . appys:... Hot-and-Sour Soup
. . . entrée:.. Lamb Chops
. . . dessert:. Caramelized Custard
NOTE1: We were not impressed by the quality of the food. It was if someone said, "If
were build a restaurant, they will eat." Well, we ate. We didn't truly relish the food, but
we spent money, which is what Disney wants. There is a nod to countries and areas which
are on the Jungle Cruise ride, but few instances where one can recognize the food of any
specific country due to its spices or preparation.
NOTE2: Our 1st review was done during the SOFT OPENING, so food quality and CM behavior may
change in the future. Contrary to what many had thought, or hoped, there are no alcohol drinks
at Skipper Canteen. At this review, lunch and dinner has the same 1-DDP Table Service menu.
At this time, non-same-day FP's and ADR's are not being taken for lunch.
NOTE3: For a new eatery, I had thought the facility design would have more interesting and
food more unique. Although quite pleasant, there is little truly unique or fascinating. And,
even though the SERVERS continued Jungle Cruise gags, it isn't enough to warrant us going
back to the Canteen.
NOTE4: We still wonder why they didn't name it Scupper's Canteen !

We wanted to try something different so we just secured an ADR for October.

Just wanted to confirm that ADRs are dinner only. We love picking our dining last minute so skippers was a great option for us. We'd likely only do it of lunch so sounds like we are ok, just want to be sure

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter