Skipping Epcot for FP

SLynn9

Earning My Ears
We have a 4 day upcoming trip with hoppers. 11/17-11/22. I’m considering skipping out on Epcot fastpasses and doing 2 days of Hollywood Studios fp, since the new tier system only has us getting 1 ride fp, plus Star Tours. We haven’t been since Toy Story land opened and missed HS all together on our last (very short) trip in January 2018.

We have EMH at Epcot twice during our trip, one morning and one evening. I’ve not experienced evening extra magic hours before, so not sure of crowd level. Any opinions on if we should be able to get most of the Epcot rides done without FP?

Frozen Ever After is the most challenging for standby entry.
Then, Test Track.

Then... nothing else should be much of an issue.

Epcot PM EMH should generally be more busy than AM EMH.

You could certainly hit TT, Soarin and Frozen between 8 and 9, then Mission Space just after. We did that this week. After that, you can do the other things and go to HS for your FPs.

Hi! I'm in a somewhat similar spot. EPCOT is my least favourite park, and I'll only be there for two evenings. I will have the 4th FP option available, but don't expect the biggies (Frozen, Test Track, Soarin) to be available. I'm hopeful that I'll be able to get a FP for EPCOT forever though (I love the plaza viewing area), and will do Test Track as a single rider. Other than that I'm expecting to wait in line for Frozen, Soarin, ,and Spaceship Earth.

In comparison to years gone by, Soarin' is no longer the "must-do-early" attraction that it used to be.
Its current show "Soarin' Over the World" (with it's high ratio of computer-generated scenes,
and so many images that suffer from "vertical bending" artifacts) is much less popular than the original,
and when the attraction uses all THREE theaters, the standby wait-times are generally very reasonable.

OP - can you ride TT single rider? That's what we do - and the longest we have waited is about 15 minutes - even when the sign says 25.

Overall - I do think with planning to use the EMH at EPCOT - it's fine to skip the FP's there. You can get the things in!

I don’t really care for Epcot rides so I think your plan is great. I just go for food and drinks, and if I can pop on to something or grab a same day FP then so be it but none are must do for me (except Spaceship Earth. Thank the Phoenicians I haven’t struggled to ever get a SDFP).

I think you’re plan is totally fine! We’re doing a 5-day w/hoppers and I couldn’t bring myself to use the FP’s at Epcot. So we’ll rope drop Epcot 2 times and use our FP’s later in the day at other parks.

Thanks everyone! I think we will stick with this plan. We were in Disneyland in March and rode Soarin 3 or 4 times so it will be okay if we miss it, though it seems like that will be the easiest of the big rides to get on. I’ve never rode test track except single rider, so I think we will focus on getting that in so we can have the car building experience and just see what happens with everything else!

Honestly, the past few times we have done F&W trips, we always end in Epcot, never begin.....we have gotten all our FP+ that we want for the big rides after we hopped from HS or AK, and last time, always ended up with an illuminations FP.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter