Skyauction?

chrisann

DIS Veteran
Has anyone used this website in the past year or so for any of the Orlando timeshare condos? I'm intrigued because the prices seem reasonable for resorts that we've stayed at in the past. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thank you

I have won about 100 auctions for condo stays through Skyauction, with over half at Orlando resorts. Some of the Orlando resorts are great. Most have issues and you have to do research so you know what to expect. I have found that I need to be flexible with expections and be willing to overlook some problems in exchange for saving money on timeshare stays.

Keep in mind that Skyauction has a strict no refund policy. With the current events, I personally would not use them and instead would book
reservations that can be cancelled. They do often have last minute availability, so it may be a good option for those who are willing to travel before we know the answers to a lot of questions about covid19.

I have won about 100 auctions for condo stays through Skyauction, with over half at Orlando resorts. Some of the Orlando resorts are great. Most have issues and you have to do research so you know what to expect. I have found that I need to be flexible with expections and be willing to overlook some problems in exchange for saving money on timeshare stays.

Keep in mind that Skyauction has a strict no refund policy. With the current events, I personally would not use them and instead would book
reservations that can be cancelled. They do often have last minute availability, so it may be a good option for those who are willing to travel before we know the answers to a lot of questions about covid19.
Thank you for your feedback. I just booked and purchased the $39 flexible changes insurance. As for the resort, we stayed here a few times and are confident in that part. Last question. I see they just charged my cc. Do you know when I can call the resort and confirm the reservation? Thanks again :)

A resort may not receive notification of your reservation until the day you arrive. It depends on the type of auction you won. For most of my weekly timeshare stays, the resort was notified at the last minute. My reservation was in the system only about half the time. The other half they had to check a list of reservations sent over that day. Sometimes the resort had no record of my reservation and I had to present my confirmation in order to get a room. Make sure to print your confirmation and take an copy with you.

I have booked at the last minute, did not have a printer and had to send a copy off my phone to their email so they could print it. Check in can take hours if they have no record of the reservation.

You can always try to contact the resort before arrival, but don’t get worried if you are not in their system. I have always been able to get room.

Skyauction does collect payment in full as soon as you win the auction.

I try to not tell other guests I meet at the resort how little I paid through Skyauction. It could really upset owners since they pay so much just for maintenance fees.

A resort may not receive notification of your reservation until the day you arrive. It depends on the type of auction you won. For most of my weekly timeshare stays, the resort was notified at the last minute. My reservation was in the system only about half the time. The other half they had to check a list of reservations sent over that day. Sometimes the resort had no record of my reservation and I had to present my confirmation in order to get a room. Make sure to print your confirmation and take an copy with you.

I have booked at the last minute, did not have a printer and had to send a copy off my phone to their email so they could print it. Check in can take hours if they have no record of the reservation.

You can always try to contact the resort before arrival, but don’t get worried if you are not in their system. I have always been able to get room.

Skyauction does collect payment in full as soon as you win the auction.

I try to not tell other guests I meet at the resort how little I paid through Skyauction. It could really upset owners since they pay so much just for maintenance fees.
Thanks for that. I guess I’ll have to deal with my anxiety until then😂I’m usually that person that calls after I made the reservation and then a few weeks before our arrival so there’s no surprises😁Fir the price I paid though I’ll have to survive. Good tip about not mentioning the price to other guests 😊 They charged my cc on the 7th so I’m guessing any day I should be receiving the confirmation from sky auction right? Thanks for answering my questions and easing my worries. Stay safe 😊

I would say to really understand what ur risks truly are and what ur insurance will actually cover. There are a lot of people posting and barking everywhere about getting screwed over with recent events and were talking people have lost 3-5 thousand each. Couple of them i seen even had insurance but the insurance didn't cover a global pandemic and the insurance needed to cover something like this cost more than what their saving by going through the timeshare. One of the biggest issues I've been seeing is that the owners are actually getting their points or money returned without penalty from Disney but their still not refunding the renters. They are keeping both the money and the rental. I would suggest researching the place ur bidding on through the BBB and recent reviews to see how they handled the recent events.

Skyauction usually takes between 1 and 3 business days to create the confirmation and they are closed on weekends. They prioritize last minute reservations first for obvious reasons. The period between winning the auction and getting the confirmation makes me nervous. Many auctions state that they were based on availability when the auction was posted, but they don’t actually book the room until the form is filled out in the member services area on the website. There is always a chance they won’t be able to confirm and will offer something else that is available or refund your money. This is very unlikely. It only happened to me once.

Sign in again and look under member services for your recent purchases. Click on the auction you won. Once they make the reservation, there is often a link to click to print your confirmation. It will change from pending to a historical reservation. You will also receive a confirmation by email, but emails can take longer. Sometimes they are just a link back to member services. It depends on the type of auction and agreement Skyauction make with RCI or the resort.

Most of the time, seven day timeshare stays are booked as RCI exchanges. At check in, they ask where I own and I fib and mention an obscure resort few have heard of. I try to never tell the person at the desk that I booked through Skyauction on the cheap. They rarely know and sometimes offer me another free week for attending their timeshare shakedown, but only because they think I already own somewhere.

I really enjoy moving from resort to resort. If one place gets a little worn, I try to win an auction at another. I find I usually get good units since they think I already own somewhere else and are hoping I like the resort and will buy in. I think I usually get treated better than owners I have talked to.

Love skyauction.com i have had no issues with them, just watch the fine print i forgot to check and i had a 200 surcharge for the week i picked. It was still a great deal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter