• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Skyliner and rope drop

Yes, taking the Skyliner to Epcot International Gate if we want rope drop is a good idea.

Depends on which rides you are aiming for… but yes, it is a good idea if you are aiming for France… not so much if you want to rope drop test track

Is it a good idea to ride skyliner to Epcot International Gate if we want rope drop? Thanks!
Yes, assuming you’re coming from a Skyliner resort (RIV, CBR, Pop, AoA).

If you’re coming from a resort with bus service to the front of Epcot, you’d need to bus to DHS instead and take the Skyliner from there to CBR and then transfer to the Epcot line. That would take extra time.

If you’re coming from CBR, skyliner is basically your only option for rope drop anyway. Unless you plan to Uber or drive to the main entrance.
That's what I figured. Was torn between skyliner and taxi. If skyliner was not a good option, we would grab a taxi and ask for drop off at the Beach Club and walk to the gate. We've always rented cars in the past but my husband did not like driving around on our last trip. He said people were crazy and drove like they thought they were in a Disney movie, lol.

That's what I figured. Was torn between skyliner and taxi. If skyliner was not a good option, we would grab a taxi and ask for drop off at the Beach Club and walk to the gate. We've always rented cars in the past but my husband did not like driving around on our last trip. He said people were crazy and drove like they thought they were in a Disney movie, lol.

Epcot resorts turn taxis & ride shares away, unless you have a dining or resort ADR because so many people do that. Resorts have enforced that they’re not park drop off points.

You husband is correct, I spend all my time in the far right lane praying I don't get in an accident.

The last time we went to WDW, drivers were running stop signs everywhere. There was an accident with a bus. It was nuts!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter