Skyliner from boardwalk for HS early entry?

Lovetherodent

Sleep Is For The Weak!
If the skyliner doesn't start running from Epcot until 7:30, is it better to find another way to HS (on foot) for early entry? I'd like to be in the park around 7:30.

You can walk to Hollywood Studios from the Boardwalk and I would do that for early entry (15-20min walk I'd estimate). You can also take the boats, but I suspect that could be busy and tougher to get a spot first thing.

Walking is your best and most trustworthy option to get to HS before the early entry rope drop crowds. For an 8:30am opening and an 8am early entry, you want to be at the tapstiles before 7am if you want to be at the front of the early entry rope drop pack. Around 7:30, huge crowds will be at the tapstiles and they’ll start letting people in and lines will form at attractions. Attractions will start opening just before 8am.

Can I chime in and say I agree with above? And depending on where your room is at BW (Inn vs. Villas?) you could potentially be halfway to DHS already.

If the skyliner doesn't start running from Epcot until 7:30, is it better to find another way to HS (on foot) for early entry? I'd like to be in the park around 7:30.
I would not take the Skyliner for early morning park opening because you could hit a long line at Carribean Beach. We made that mistake once and it was a mess.

It is a pleasant walk to HS from the BWI, especially if you take the shortcut past the main pool.

I don’t know if you can currently do it with construction, but you can walk to the DVC side, take the elevator to the first floor and take the hall all the way down to the end nearest to the tennis courts and exit there. You will come out right next to the walking path next to the waterway and will be more than halfway to HS - almost to the road overpass. If you have an ECV, wheelchair, or stroller, there are a couple of small stairs out of the building (there is a ramp to the walkway but you’d have to backtrack just a wee bit), so this might not be the path for you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter