Skyliner or rental car from AoA to HS

MomtothreeEs

I spend way too much time searching for ADRs...
I haven't really researched the skyliner because I've been dreading it (fear of heights), but we're here now and my kids are begging. I said we could ride it, even if just for fun. Sigh. The stuff I do for my kids!!!

So which is faster to get to HS from AoA in the mornings - skyliner or driving ourselves? Which is faster after Fantasmic? I'm fine driving over, then skylining back and forth for an afternoon break, and then driving back to AoA at the end of the night. Or I can do any other variation, but I'm trying to avoid late night crowds and be efficient with our time.

Any advice? I've never been on it, and I can't find much info on timing. Thanks!

If you want to get to HS at opening to get a boarding group you’ll need to take your rental car. HS opens at 7am this week, but the skyliner doesn’t open until 7:30am.

If you want to get to HS at opening to get a boarding group you’ll need to take your rental car. HS opens at 7am this week, but the skyliner doesn’t open until 7:30am.
Doesn't Skyliner start 30 min before park opening?

Doesn't Skyliner start 30 min before park opening?
No. Not at the moment. It will, when HS starts opening at 8am, but currently the skyliner doesn’t open until 7:30am. Even then, I’m not sure that will allow enough time to get through the tapstyles at HS to get a boarding group. You may, but you’ll be cutting it close.

No. Not at the moment. It will, when HS starts opening at 8am, but currently the skyliner doesn’t open until 7:30am. Even then, I’m not sure that will allow enough time to get through the tapstyles at HS to get a boarding group. You may, but you’ll be cutting it close.
Thanks, looks like I’ll be using Lyft a few times. Or the bus. I think I heard the busses will be running before Skyliner opens.

Thank you! How long of a ride is it from AoA to HS when it’s mid-day?

And what about after Fantasmic? Is the Skyliner or parking lot less crowded?

I haven't really researched the skyliner because I've been dreading it (fear of heights), but we're here now and my kids are begging. I said we could ride it, even if just for fun. Sigh. The stuff I do for my kids!!!
The Skyliner is a fun ride and if you get scared you can just close your eyes and pretend you are somewhere else. That is how I survive being in an MRI. ;)

It is approximately 15 - 20 minutes to get from DHS to AoA via the Skyliner. The Skyliner is continuous load so it never takes very long to get on it.

I haven't seen the lines after Fantasmic but I have seen the Skyliner lines after the Epcot fireworks and it isn't very long of a wait.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter