Skyliner questions + Does the Skyliner run during fireworks?

Childs1stTime2Disney

*A dream is a wish your heart makes*
Does the skyliner run during fireworks shows? What time does the skyliner close down each night after parks close?

Yes it runs during fireworks pixiedust: And it’s very cool, if not short, because the skyliner travels faster than it looks from the ground.

When we asked, we were told that like all on property transportation, the Skyliner runs for 1 hour after park close. (Although the busses said 1.5 hours after park close, so we may have misheard?) I didn’t ask, but I assumed that would have to mean an hour after whenever the last park closes. For the Skyliner, that could mean that it follows the schedule of the two parks it services.

No matter what I— or anyone else online— tells you, I would ask once you are on site, to confirm and clarify any information you’ve gotten elsewhere.

As posted above, yes, during fireworks and as far as operating hours, operating hours are posted at each station. Always check the boards at the stations.

IMG_2961.jpeg

I didn’t ask, but I assumed that would have to mean an hour after whenever the last park closes. For the Skyliner, that could mean that it follows the schedule of the two parks it services
I’ve seen some very scary lines @ Epcot after the FW for the sky liner On way walking back to BW

i’ve wondered if they will stay open for all those who might have waited in line. Along the line of the balloon system for characters?

I’ve seen some very scary lines @ Epcot after the FW for the sky liner On way walking back to BW

i’ve wondered if they will stay open for all those who might have waited in line. Along the line of the balloon system for characters?
The line moves fast. The longest I’ve seen it, it was back to the Beach Club past the volleyball court. If your in line, you’ll fly.

I’ve been in some monstrous lines that went very quickly (15 minutes). There are a few videos on YouTube that show even longer lines than I’ve been in after Epcot fireworks that went just as quickly. It never stops, it’s just constant loading and it’s efficient.

I’ve been in some monstrous lines that went very quickly (15 minutes). There are a few videos on YouTube that show even longer lines than I’ve been in after Epcot fireworks that went just as quickly. It never stops, it’s just constant loading and it’s efficient.
I know the guy who on occasion was the one holding the end of line sign.
He tells me he kind of misses those after firework park dumps. lol.
When someone would ask him, how long from here? He would tell them, I’m not sure, I’ve never been back this far. lol.
Or his favorite, “how long is this line”? Answer….. all the way back to here while pointing at the end of the line. lol.
Always remember, they will get you out of there as soon as they can. They can’t go home till you do.
The Skyliner moves more people per hour than any other form of transportation on property.

Last edited:
Earlier this month we could see the Epcot fireworks from the Skyliner between Epcot and Riviera.
Note to anyone traveling that route during the fireworks, the skyliner cabins that don't have characters on them provide a better view. You can still see out of the ones with characters, but the screen makes it slightly harder to see through. On the cabins without characters, you're just looking through glass.

This is such a good idea! I never would have thought to watch from skyliner!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter