Skyliner resort worth the extra $50/night?

Sydnoahmom

Mouseketeer
Trying to do a budget mother/daughter trip in October. Is Pop worth the extra $50/night over one of the All Stars to use the Skyliner?

I’m a fan of both. I usually avoid skyliner resorts when it’s stormy afternoon thunderstorm season since it can be a bummer when it’s not working….but I think October might be okay there? IMHO the All Stars are just as nice room-wise as POP and I like the fact that their food courts and gift shops are separated so the food court can stay open later. Also, the lobbies at ASMo and ASMu smell divine! Crazy good. I have not stayed at Sports in many, many years so can’t speak to that branch. Always had good luck with busses too. If you’re looking to save money, I think All Stars is a great choice (and you can always ride the skyliner between HS and EPCOT, etc.). Have a great trip!!!

It's subjective but to me, no I wouldn't spend the extra $50 a night. I've stayed at Pop and All Stars and with the new renovated rooms at the All Stars, I would stay there. The sky liner is actually a negative to me. You still have to stop at the hub at CB and there might or might not be a line there. If it storms, it's Florida, they will shut it down but you won't know that until you get to the station. I don't mind the buses, as a matter of fact, I prefer them.

Now, I believe the All Stars might be further away from some of the parks, I think they are considered in the AK area but it's really not that bad.

It's subjective but to me, no I wouldn't spend the extra $50 a night. I've stayed at Pop and All Stars and with the new renovated rooms at the All Stars, I would stay there. The sky liner is actually a negative to me. You still have to stop at the hub at CB and there might or might not be a line there. If it storms, it's Florida, they will shut it down but you won't know that until you get to the station. I don't mind the buses, as a matter of fact, I prefer them.

Now, I believe the All Stars might be further away from some of the parks, I think they are considered in the AK area but it's really not that bad.
Thanks for the input! Leaning towards All Star Movies or Music. DD had food poisoning when she was little and we stayed at Sports and 20 years later she still associates the resort with being sick!

I’m a fan of both. I usually avoid skyliner resorts when it’s stormy afternoon thunderstorm season since it can be a bummer when it’s not working….but I think October might be okay there? IMHO the All Stars are just as nice room-wise as POP and I like the fact that their food courts and gift shops are separated so the food court can stay open later. Also, the lobbies at ASMo and ASMu smell divine! Crazy good. I have not stayed at Sports in many, many years so can’t speak to that branch. Always had good luck with busses too. If you’re looking to save money, I think All Stars is a great choice (and you can always ride the skyliner between HS and EPCOT, etc.). Have a great trip!!!

I am leaning towards All Star Music-only value we haven’t stayed at. i guess we can always ride Skyliner without staying at Pop.

I am leaning towards All Star Music-only value we haven’t stayed at. i guess we can always ride Skyliner without staying at Pop.
Have you checked out the map of Music? It’s the only AllStar I’d recommend paying for a preferred room at. I’m not a fan of the resort layout at all.

I’d take Movies over Pop. I prefer the buses over the Skyliner.

Personally, I would go for Pop, especially if you are planning an Epcot/HS heavy trip or have park hoppers. The pools and grounds are better, in my opinion.

I enjoyed my stay at All Star Sports 3 yrs ago. That said, I love Pop and consider the Skyliner and location worth paying a bit more. I debated an All Star resort this year but ended up booking Pop again. I enjoy the location of Pop so much. We always visit Riviera, Art of Animation and CBR in our travels along the Skyliner. The food is fantastic at Riviera's quick service location as well. Even if you choose an All Star resort, I would make a point to visit Riviera. If you daughter is younger or you mainly want to just hit the parks I would choose an All Star. If you might enjoy visiting other resorts, Pop really is worth a bit more IMO. While Pop states that the Skyliner is the only transportation to/from HS and EPCOT, Art of Animation always has buses as an option in and out of the parks. The walk to/from AofA is relatively short.

I would say the Pop is worth it. For us, the Skyliner was a game changer and yes you have to transfer but we found that it was always a minimal wait, if any. We were there ten days so we rode it a lot. The end of the night skyliner ride is a lot more relaxing and quicker than busses, especially if you are watching the fireworks from the World Showcase and then leaving.

We love the Skyliner and Pop! For us it’s worth it! I think it does depend on your plans. How many days? Will you park hop etc.

We love the Skyliner! Yes, it will go down when there is inclement weather. But the trip to HS is so dang quick and convenient. It also feels like a ride in itself, so we always feel like we are on a bonus attraction when heading back to the hotel. With AoA right across the lake from Pop, you actually get access to two food courts, and I have only heard great things about AoA's food court.

If it were me, I would choose Pop. But if All Stars makes better sense for your family and saving $$ is important to you -- I say go that route instead.

If it is in your budget, I do think the Skyliner is worth the extra $50. It's the best transportation on property IMO.

IMHO I would choose POP over the AllStars. I feel the layout, food court, pools are better and Skyliner access...

I enjoyed my stay at All Star Sports 3 yrs ago. That said, I love Pop and consider the Skyliner and location worth paying a bit more. I debated an All Star resort this year but ended up booking Pop again. I enjoy the location of Pop so much. We always visit Riviera, Art of Animation and CBR in our travels along the Skyliner. The food is fantastic at Riviera's quick service location as well. Even if you choose an All Star resort, I would make a point to visit Riviera. If you daughter is younger or you mainly want to just hit the parks I would choose an All Star. If you might enjoy visiting other resorts, Pop really is worth a bit more IMO. While Pop states that the Skyliner is the only transportation to/from HS and EPCOT, Art of Animation always has buses as an option in and out of the parks. The walk to/from AofA is relatively short.
Just wanted to confirm that buses from AOA to HS and EPCOT and back are still running even when the Skyliner is operational - I've seen several reports that there are NO buses from ANY Skyliner resort to or from HS or EPCOT when the Skyliner is running leading to pretty awful situations when the Skyliner goes down.

That's the primary "sticking point" for my husband about choosing POP over All Stars. If we knew buses were an option for AOA no matter what (we don't mind walking across the bridge to POP or waiting for the AOA buses), that would go a long way towards sealing the deal for POP :)!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter