• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Slap bracelet magic bands

I'm very curious about this. There's more Star Wars choices in these as well. Hopefully someone has one and can report back.

I have the Orange Bird one, and I like it much more than a regular MB. It feels more secure on my arm, but it’s also easier to put on take off.

We have a couple of them. They are snug on your wrist in that they basically adjust to the size of your arm (vs trying to find the best hole for the regular magic band) and they're comfortable.

My kids like them, but they don't last any longer than one trip if you might want to reuse them. The rubber faces rub off.

Interesting. My daughter has a Stitch one that she has worn to the parks at least 20 times (we're local) and it still looks fine. We just got another one so it has only been worn maybe 3 times, so we'll see how long it lasts.

Interesting. My daughter has a Stitch one that she has worn to the parks at least 20 times (we're local) and it still looks fine. We just got another one so it has only been worn maybe 3 times, so we'll see how long it lasts.
If you're local, I assume you're doing mostly parks? I wonder if they don't like pool water?

20210929_111448.jpg
20210929_111442.jpg
20210929_111500.jpg
20210929_111514.jpg

Went to the parks last weekend my sons MB came off so many times... I am so spending the money on one of these unless someone thinks getting the band slider is better.

Well, they're coming out with MagicBand+, so I guess I'll wait to see what those are like before I try to get a slap one.

Well, they're coming out with MagicBand+, so I guess I'll wait to see what those are like before I try to get a slap one.

Wha?
Well, I guess I'm happy I hadn't bought one. Only reason I hadn't was because I am waiting until the family is home to give their final approval.

Wha?
Well, I guess I'm happy I hadn't bought one. Only reason I hadn't was because I am waiting until the family is home to give their final approval.
If you are going before 2023 then don't worry about it, cause that's when the magicband+ comes out.

ETA: I heard 2022 today so I am probably wrong. Find a better source than me haha.

Last edited:
If you are going before 2023 then don't worry about it, cause that's when the magicband+ comes out.

That is a bit of a worry-ish. They said 2022 but no month. So that can mean that you can buy them Dec 2022. Our trip is Feb 2022. What would Disney trip planning post-lockdown be without constant uncertainty? You think you have all the facts on one small, tiny area (MagicBands) and bam they throw a curveball.

Right now I am leaning toward buying the solid color MB's now. And if the MB+ comes out in time buying just DD one of those. We have multiple reservations, so there isn't a problem with getting another discounted MB later.

That is a bit of a worry-ish. They said 2022 but no month. So that can mean that you can buy them Dec 2022. Our trip is Feb 2022. What would Disney trip planning post-lockdown be without constant uncertainty? You think you have all the facts on one small, tiny area (MagicBands) and bam they throw a curveball.

Right now I am leaning toward buying the solid color MB's now. And if the MB+ comes out in time buying just DD one of those. We have multiple reservations, so there isn't a problem with getting another discounted MB later.
I may be wrong about this cause today but heard 2022. So don't listen to me. LOL. I am gonna edit my post now...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter