Sleep Inn Suites at Universal

vellamint

DIS Veteran
Anyone stay here??? How far to the parks - they advertise that they are across the street. I am looking for a nice (3 star) hotel that can accommodate a family of 5 MAYBE 6 that we can walk to Universal from.

Not too much to ask is it (lol).

I stayed there in November of 2000, when they were relatively brand new. I enjoyed the hotel a lot, and would not hesitate to stay there again. When we were there, a high school band was also in the hotel, and we did not hear or see them at all. They even had extra security posted late at night to ensure the kids didn't bother anyone!

The pool was very small, however. The cont break was good - average offerings, but in view of the front door so we could see the shuttle bus coming and just step outside.

Virtually no hotel is walking distance to Universal. Just like almost no hotel is REALLY "1 mile to WDW!" By the crow flies, it's really close to Universal, but you absolutely could not walk it. They are main streets, not well lighted in the evenings, and just all-around not doable. The shuttle was very convenient, however, and we used that with no problems and NEVER had to stand.

Patti

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter