Sleeping in Cinderella Castle Suite

One of the other contest winners reported that they WERE taken out during their night, but the girl who won was either in or going to be in (I can't remember) the college program so maybe they made an exception for her... it IS Disney after all and they do so love their exceptions. Some of the other winners also got freebies during their stay of souvenirs, extra fast passes etc but we did not. We were given a cup of coffee during the Electrical Parade viewing from the VIP section which was very nice of them..! Probably the only time in my life my "staff" will get me a coffee. :rotfl:I don't think we were very much fun for them to be honest though... my husband and I are just a couple of shy Disney dorks, no kid to fawn over, not famous, not playing it up with t-shirts or anything. I get the feeling they have a little bit of carte blanche to make magic happen when they want to, so everyone's story is going to be different from another guest just like so many other experiences on property.

Did you write a review of your experience? I would love to read it!

You know I never did..? I started a pre trip one but it didn't gain traction and then I got some guff for trying to find out what the tax liability was going to be and that created a bit of a stink... in the end I decided to keep it to myself. If you have any questions I can answer or want to see pics of anything in particular though I'd be happy to oblige! :)

You know I never did..? I started a pre trip one but it didn't gain traction and then I got some guff for trying to find out what the tax liability was going to be and that created a bit of a stink... in the end I decided to keep it to myself. If you have any questions I can answer or want to see pics of anything in particular though I'd be happy to oblige! :)

OH yeah I think we all forget winning that night would have tax implications. So silly that you have to pay taxes on a winning that isn't something you could actually get cash for (a Disney trip for one).

OH yeah I think we all forget winning that night would have tax implications. So silly that you have to pay taxes on a winning that isn't something you could actually get cash for (a Disney trip for one).

yeah, it was pretty easy finding out the cash value for most things, but the slipper and night in the castle doesn't have a cost per se... we ended up with a difference of $1541 on our tax liability that year so I felt silly in retrospect for worrying about it. Chump change compared to what all we got - round trip airfare for two, three nights in a deluxe resort, 5 day park hoppers for four (we could have taken two more with us but we don't have kids), a welcome gift basket (it was HUGE), a sash over the door of the castle suite (gifted to a friend with a little girl), an entire coach and four in white chocolate filled with chocolate covered strawberries, a glass slipper themed to the live action cinderella movie, VIP tour guide for the duration of our castle evening (checked in at 4pm), VIP viewing for the fireworks and parade, free breakfast at Cinderella's Royal Table the next morning and a $500 gift card.

Anytime Disney wants to give me that kind of deal again I would take it in a heartbeat! ;)

As a complete aside I thought the glass slipper was kind of silly.. I mean, what would I do with it, right? But now that I am home and its been so long since Ive been there it is really nice seeing it on my mantle and remembering that 'one night' just like cinderella was left with hers. Disney Magic ++

Out of curiosity, now that Cinderella's Suite is off the table for regular people, what is the swankiest room on-property? I imagine it's the King Kamehameha Suite at the Poly (is that still even there) or a luxe suite at GF or AKL.

Out of curiosity, now that Cinderella's Suite is off the table for regular people, what is the swankiest room on-property? I imagine it's the King Kamehameha Suite at the Poly (is that still even there) or a luxe suite at GF or AKL.

The Iger Suite?

Seriously though, don't the really important people stay at Yacht Club?

There's a very swanky suite at GF, The Roy Disney suite, I think.

ETA - a quick Google search indicates there is a Walt Suite that is even nicer than the Roy one (makes sense I suppose)

Almost every deluxe has a ridiculously swanky room or two a few have massive suites as well. Any of the rooms with "names" are pretty up there.

Also, on the Keys To the Kingdom tour, the tour guide told us that the Cinderella Suite is not for sale. Their reasoning is they don't want any child to be able to say 'My daddy is better than yours because he got us in the Cinderella Suite.'

BTW, if you were to stay in the suite, you are basically locked in for the night. Once the park closes, you can't leave the suite until it opens the next morning. There are no windows in the suite. This way you can't see what goes on over night. They don't want you to see the cleaning and repairs in the park and have the magic be spoiled. The suite has it's own concierge and security when someone does stay there.

As to the fact there are no windows...this is false. How do I know...I won a night in the castle. There are a total of 6 windows. They are very small and are made up of stained glass. Three of them are on the back side facing Fantasy land and 3 are on the west side facing Liberty Square. You are able to see out, but really can't see anything. Everytime we go, my family looks up at the windows and we remember the wonderful night there.

Search all the properties, do a room by room search based on price, and you'll have your answer. My guess would be GF, Contemp, or Bay Lake. After you book, hang a sign on your door that says, "I paid more than you."

FYI - someone earlier posted about the suite at Disneyland over Pirates. It has been turned into a private dining experience and is now called 21 Royal Street. For a mere $15,000 you and 11 of your friends may have dinner there. http://attractionsmagazine.com/disn...eam-suite-21-royal-private-dining-experience/

The Disneyland Hotel does have some incredible themed suites though - Cinderella, Adventureland, Pirates, BTMRR, and a Mickeymouse Penthouse. These rooms are AMAZING (IMO). I priced the Cinderella Suite once and I believe it was $4500 a night for the time of year I was inquiring about (it does vary), but was not available even though I was calling a year in advance, not that I would spend that anyway (lol). http://www.everythingmouse.com/disneyland-hotel-signature-suites

The Disneyland Hotel does have some incredible themed suites though - Cinderella, Adventureland, Pirates, BTMRR, and a Mickeymouse Penthouse. These rooms are AMAZING (IMO). I priced the Cinderella Suite once and I believe it was $4500 a night for the time of year I was inquiring about (it does vary), but was not available even though I was calling a year in advance, not that I would spend that anyway (lol). http://www.everythingmouse.com/disneyland-hotel-signature-suites
I called and priced one for our trip in 2015. $4500 is about right. The BTMRR suite was available for our trip but I just couldn't justify that for 1 night. That covered our entire trip, airfare, tickets and room. We stayed in a regular room with a wonderful theme park view instead, and had a great trip.

I would love to see your pics and the video!! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter