Sleeping options for 14 month old

It's pricey but my toddler loves the lotus travel crib. We use it full time for her because we can keep it unzipped for us to snuggle next to her while she gets sleepy, and zip it up for safety while she sleeps. According to my 7 year old, it doubles as a sweet fort.
Thank you for this. I am going to look at it but do you fly with this or use when you drive?

Thank you for this. I am going to look at it but do you fly with this or use when you drive?
It's meant to be used as a travel crib. Because the mattress lays flat on the floor we are OK using it as a crib until we are ready for a toddler bed.

No, didn’t even know these existed! Might need to order one and try it out.
We used one of these, but they are a pain to pack for air travel...at least our was. We ended up deciding to use the Disney provided crib when my son was 16 months. This is going to sound bad, but we were at Boulder Ridge and the 2 bed villa has a huge closet that we put the crib in to make it darker. We left the door mostly open, but it was dark enough that he slept quite well. We also traveled sometimes with inflatable bed bumpers that worked awesome. We still ise them, even though he's 4. We may take them this year for the pull down single bed in the Boulder Ridge studio...he wiggles a lot and I'm guessing he'll end up on the floor if we don't. They inflatable bumpers also worked well to split a bed, so one bumper at the edge of the bed to prevent rolling out and the other down the middle to prevent kicking a bed mate (aka me). It has worked really nice for us.

We used one of these, but they are a pain to pack for air travel...at least our was.

That is a concern of mine. We will have 4 adults and 2 kids this trip and really want to rent a car so we are really aiming on packing conservatively, so everything fits in the rental with a stroller. We have an owners locker already so the only thing we pack is clothing and shoes but adding a large bulky item will completely change our suitcase plans.

That is a concern of mine. We will have 4 adults and 2 kids this trip and really want to rent a car so we are really aiming on packing conservatively, so everything fits in the rental with a stroller. We have an owners locker already so the only thing we pack is clothing and shoes but adding a large bulky item will completely change our suitcase plans.
I'd seriously consider the inflatable bumpers or the toddler air mattress. The bumpers really worked well in hotel situations where I didn't have a crib or pack and play once my son was about a year old. We used them a lot since about 16 months on, and like I said, still use the inflatable bumpers now to split beds and prevent getting kicked by the wiggly 4 yr old.

We purchased a slumber pod to bring along on our trip, going to put it over our pack and play to give her a darker space since she’s used to sleeping in a dark room. I’ll also be bringing our white noise machine from home, not sure she would be able to sleep without it.

Maybe try using the pack and play for naps at home as practice for awhile and then work up to bedtime leading up to your trip? If you have a bedtime routine I would bring whatever you possibly can for that to try and keep it similar to home.

Have you used the slumber pod yet? We just got one and haven’t used it yet. Hoping it helps for an upcoming trip.

I have an almost 2.5 year old that still sleeps in a crib at home and we stay in hotels at least once a month, and have his entire life.

We request a crib at the hotel and specifically book rooms that have a large enough closet/separate room/bathroom for his crib to go in. His Hatch comes with us everywhere so we turn that on and he sleeps perfectly. Since he's in a separate space, we don't have to go to bed before the sun goes down :)

Haven't figured out what we'll move to next after the crib but we are riding the crib arrangement as long as possible!

are the inflatable bed bumpers necessary? I was planning on requesting bed rails from housekeeping but maybe I was imagining that they are available?

are the inflatable bed bumpers necessary? I was planning on requesting bed rails from housekeeping but maybe I was imagining that they are available?
one of our grandsons at16 months hated bed rails and he kicked them out and off the bed. they are only held by weight between mattress and springs and can be removed easy

This is my plan too, just to request them at the hotel I’m pretty sure all the Disney hotels have them.

Another vote for something like the Lotus. (We used a Bjorn travel crib for our kids—same concept.) The fact that the mattress is on the ground gives it a more stable feeling. My kids both slept well in it. Can’t say the same for the pack and play.

When my son was 18 months, we rented a crib from kingdom strollers. It worked out great!
Was this princess pretty seamless as far as making sure it was there when you checked in? I’ve heard of renting cribs, which I’m interested in because my youngest has never been a fan of the pack n play and she’s VERY attached to the crib

Was this princess pretty seamless as far as making sure it was there when you checked in? I’ve heard of renting cribs, which I’m interested in because my youngest has never been a fan of the pack n play and she’s VERY attached to the crib
It was 5 years ago, so I don’t know if procedures have changed, but it was super easy when I did it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter