• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sleeping options for tall 19 month old?

Disney5377

Earning My Ears
Good Morning! Planning our end of August trip and trying to figure out the best sleeping option for our tall toddler. She's currently 17 months and 33 inches (will be 19.5 months at the time of the trip) and worried the standard pack n play might not be quite long enough for her. I know a mini-crib is sometimes available at moderate and deluxe resorts, wasn't sure if that might be a better option? Though I know those are not guaranteed. We'll be doing a split stay at Beach Club and Poly so I don't want to rent a crib from an outside vendor since we'd have to do two separate rentals. Was also looking at travel baby cots like the Baby Delight travel cot, with a Slumberpod over it, but wasn't sure if 19 months would be too young for the cot (though she naps on one at daycare)? Just seeing if anyone else has had a similar issue and what they've decided on, or if anyone has any ideas I'm not thinking of?
Thanks in advance!

We've used it sparingly because of the way we've traveled, but we bought a Hiccapop as the next step up from a pack and play. Pretty easy to set up/take down, and not size-prohibitive to travel with...

We've used it sparingly because of the way we've traveled, but we bought a Hiccapop as the next step up from a pack and play. Pretty easy to set up/take down, and not size-prohibitive to travel with...
Do you mind me asking what age you started using this at?

Disney provides bed rails at all of their resorts.

What are you referring to as "a Hiccapop"? Hiccapop makes a ton of different products.

My 3 year olds slept in Pack and Plays at Disney and they were 38in tall. They were totally fine. A mini crib uses the same size sheet as a pack and play that's what they were in at home. Disney had 2 pack and plays with sheets all set up in our room when we got there which was so nice!

A cot or something would probably be fine as long as she understands to stay in it! Since you would be in the room with her, I would think you could quickly get her back in bed so it would be ok?

Both my kids were tall 20 month olds for their first trips and slept in pack n plays without a problem.

My son is 34.5 inches and will no longer sleep in the pack n play. He fights it so we now take turns sleeping on the bed with him. We put bed rails on the other side

Thanks all! We just got back from a cruise and my daughter fought her pack and play so I assumed it was frustration from lack of space but maybe she's just over it (and being a toddler)! :) We ordered the hiccapop bed to try that out with the slumberpod over it, so hopefully that'll work and we'll be all set for our August trip!

Thanks all! We just got back from a cruise and my daughter fought her pack and play so I assumed it was frustration from lack of space but maybe she's just over it (and being a toddler)! :) We ordered the hiccapop bed to try that out with the slumberpod over it, so hopefully that'll work and we'll be all set for our August trip!
If she's not sleeping in one at home, I can imagine she wouldn't want to go back to one while on vacation.

Do you mind me asking what age you started using this at?
Sorry to get back to you after you already ordered.
Daughter was about 17 months when we bought it. We weren't traveling with her a ton at that point and actually used it more at home (naps and such) than in hotel rooms (when we were traveling, it was more often to visit family and we didn't need to bring a pack and play for that).

Disney provides bed rails at all of their resorts.

What are you referring to as "a Hiccapop"? Hiccapop makes a ton of different products.
It's their inflatable toddler travel bed with safety bumpers. There are a bunch of other similar products out there from other companies too, though.

How many of you are in the room? When DD was 2, we just used the Disney resort provided bed rails on one of the beds. She loved sleeping in the "big bed".

We use the crib that Disney offers. It's bigger than the pack n play so he sleeps comfortably in it. He's 2.5 and still in a crib at home (he cannot fit in a pack n play anymore).

I got spoiled by the Disney provided cribs when we recently stayed offsite and had to pay $$$$ for a vendor to deliver one to us. Yikes!! Now I figure in the rental cost of a crib to my hotel cost when comparing offsite vs onsite. Makes the Disney upcharge easier to swallow ;)

We've never had a problem getting a crib at Disney, and we stay quite often (every month or so, at least).

We use the crib that Disney offers. It's bigger than the pack n play so he sleeps comfortably in it. He's 2.5 and still in a crib at home (he cannot fit in a pack n play anymore)

I got spoiled by the Disney provided cribs when we recently stayed offsite and had to pay $$$$ for a vendor to deliver one to us. Yikes!! Now I figure in the rental cost of a crib to my hotel cost when comparing offsite vs onsite. Makes the Disney upcharge easier to swallow ;)

We've never had a problem getting a crib at Disney, and we stay quite often (every month or so, at least).
Staying in a grand villa at BW next month and requested a crib. I was told that it has been noted on my reservation, but that cribs are being phased out and probably will not be available.

Staying in a grand villa at BW next month and requested a crib. I was told that it has been noted on my reservation, but that cribs are being phased out and probably will not be available.

Interesting. We are here again this weekend and no one mentioned anything about them being phased out. But I wouldn't be surprised if they phased them out and then transitioned to charging for them like the strollers :rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter