Slide Outs in Motor Homes

We did ask to have the slides brought in but he wouldn't do it, said there was too much liability since he had no idea if there was anyone outside of the rig. We are just beginning our search so no worries-already scratched the dealership off the list of potential places to purchase from with the dim-witted sales rep.

#1 - Find a new dealer, you should be able to find one who will bend over backwards for you, let alone bring in a slide.

#2 - I can't tell you how many MH's I have driven, but I can't recall one where I was limited other than a few drawers. There was one so packed full of junk that you couldn't walk in it, but that wasn't the manufacturers fault, the person was a slob and used it as a storage unit. If they had a storage unit I wonder if they would have made that payment.

#3 - Don't let anyone tell you that you cannot drive with the slide out, I promise you can do it, at least once anyway.

Disclaimer - #1 is a serious statement. #2 is made based on the fact that I have driven 50+ MH's ranging from class B to 40+ foot pushers, some in a mad dash because the person who's driveway it was in thought they owned it, but they didn't realize the bank really owns it and possesion is the law when I am behind the wheel(have you ever seen a Diesel pusher fishtail? I felt it a few nights ago, and even with 2 bathrooms in that monster I didn't think I would make it). #3 is a joke and intended to make people laugh, we all need to do that once in a while. I cannot tell you what once in a while is, since I am not a doctor, but I believe I flipped one off on the expressway today.

Disclaimer X2 - The disclaimer mentioned above is true, although #3 is serious, and the last part of #2, that thing got away from me. Let me add that I have been drinking.

I would suggest before buying any rv look at it with the slides in. I have an L shaped couch that makes it very tight getting by when the slides is in.

There are hundreds of different floorplans among the dozens of makers and I have seen some truly strange ones.... There was one at a show a few years ago with a rear bathroom that could only be accessed by crawling across the master bed while the slide was in. Another had a slide that blocked the fridge from opening while it was in.

Steve

When it comes to trailers and 5th wheels, you may/will have issues with the slides in. On a MH you will be fine, from my experience.

I'm sure that MHs are different but with our TT when our slides are in we can't get past the kitchen to the bathroom or bunkhouse. The living room slide is huge so when it's in you can only get to the master bedroom and kitchen.

#1 - Find a new dealer, you should be able to find one who will bend over backwards for you, let alone bring in a slide.

#2 - I can't tell you how many MH's I have driven, but I can't recall one where I was limited other than a few drawers. There was one so packed full of junk that you couldn't walk in it, but that wasn't the manufacturers fault, the person was a slob and used it as a storage unit. If they had a storage unit I wonder if they would have made that payment.

#3 - Don't let anyone tell you that you cannot drive with the slide out, I promise you can do it, at least once anyway.

Disclaimer - #1 is a serious statement. #2 is made based on the fact that I have driven 50+ MH's ranging from class B to 40+ foot pushers, some in a mad dash because the person who's driveway it was in thought they owned it, but they didn't realize the bank really owns it and possesion is the law when I am behind the wheel(have you ever seen a Diesel pusher fishtail? I felt it a few nights ago, and even with 2 bathrooms in that monster I didn't think I would make it). #3 is a joke and intended to make people laugh, we all need to do that once in a while. I cannot tell you what once in a while is, since I am not a doctor, but I believe I flipped one off on the expressway today.

Disclaimer X2 - The disclaimer mentioned above is true, although #3 is serious, and the last part of #2, that thing got away from me. Let me add that I have been drinking.

Hey, don't laugh......we actually saw a guy towing his TT at a pretty good rate of speed across the grassy camping area at the Pocono Nascar race WITH THE SLIDE IN THE OUT POSITION with people inside it. Can't say for sure, but there was probably a lot of alcohol involved since it was after the race. :rotfl:

I have owned three rigs with slides - a hybrid, a Class C and a Class A. On the first two, we could access everything with the slides in. On the A, only in the bedroom can we not open a couple of drawers when the slide is in.

With our Montana fifth-wheel, when the slides are in you can squeeze your way through to the bathroom & bedroom. The dresser drawers cannot be opened in the bedroom and you have to climb over the bed to get to the closet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter