• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

slight differences between characters at DL and WDW

KMH1

DIS Veteran
We just got back from five days at DL and I was surprised to find a few differences between the characters at DL and WDW.

In WDW, you can get Koda's and Kenai's autographs, but you cannot at DL because they can't write with their paws.

In WDW, Buzz and Woody have stamp autographs, but in DL, they actually sign autograph books.

The same is true for the Incredibles...in WDW, they stamp, but in DL, they sign.

And in DL, we saw Belle in her yellow gown twice! We have only seen her in her blue and white outfit at WDW, except in the Beauty and the Beast show.

I thought this was interesting!
Amy :)

Now I need to go back and check all our autograph books :flower:

Funny you should say that about Belle. We wondered why people on the WDW board made a fuss over finding her in her Yellow dress :banana: now I get it.

Did you spend 5 days in the parks? As a former local, I always wonder how long it takes to see the parks well if you don't get to go weekly.

We've been to WDW eight times and DL twice in the past five years, and we love character interaction! Seeing Belle in her yellow dress was a big deal! :teeth:

Yes, we did spend five days at the DL resort, and we still didn't get to do everything, but we did pretty well overall. Alyssa is 13 months old, and we have had to adjust our pace (those commando days are behind us!), but we still managed to see the big shows and parades, go to all five character meals, ride most of the attractions, etc.

The trip went by way too fast...Disney withdrawal stinks, but luckily we have about 900 pictures (Kevin sets up the tripod for the fireworks and parades) to look at!

The only real cure for Disney withdrawl is to start planning your next trip :cool1: :cool1:

I am glad you had fun. We always took our kids at that age, even though some people thought we were nuts to do it, and we always had a blast.

My youngest is 7 now, so we are back at full comando status. My kids are well trained Disney comandos ;)

It is interesting about Bell. We hadn't been in 17 years before 2000 and then made several trips.... in 2000 we saw Bell in her Blue and white dress the entire trip (about 9 days) then when we went back in 2001 and beyond she is always in Yellow, I wonder what prompted the change..... Does Cinderella ever show up in her cinder clothes???

Just wondering... Bell seems to be the only one who does the before and after costumes.

Just pondering.....

I have never seen Cinderella in anything other then her Ball Gown. Same for Belle, don't remember seeing her in anything other then her "yellow" dress. Auroa (sleeping beauty) I have only seen in her Blue Dress.

We also had only seen Aurora in her blue dress until Sleeping Beauty came out on DVD. Then suddenly, we could only find her in her pink dress (at both WDW and DL). I wonder if they decided her blue dress was too close to Cinderella's dress.

We did see Belle at WDW in her red Christmas dress in December 2003.

Mary Poppins can also be found in two outfits - her dark outfit and her white dress.

We've also seen Jasime in different outfits. Hers may be driven by temperature though (one is heavy clothing, the other is more scantilly clad).

I will look more closely for this on our next trip. I have only seen Mary Poppins in her white dress. I will keep looking. Thanks for the information. Keeps us on our toes with new things to look for.

At DL, you will find Mary Poppins in her white outfit during the summer months and her dark outfit during the winter months. I how it has always appeared to us, but I could be wrong If you always go the same time of the year, you will see her in the same outfit.

I know that in WDW, my daughter was able to sit in Ariel's lap for a picture in Ariel's grotto in the magic kingdom and in DL, she was not able to sit in her lap at Ariel's picture area in Disneyland.

lucky1 said:
At DL, you will find Mary Poppins in her white outfit during the summer months and her dark outfit during the winter months. I how it has always appeared to us, but I could be wrong If you always go the same time of the year, you will see her in the same outfit.

I know that in WDW, my daughter was able to sit in Ariel's lap for a picture in Ariel's grotto in the magic kingdom and in DL, she was not able to sit in her lap at Ariel's picture area in Disneyland.

I didn't even realize that about Ariel until I looked at our pictures, but Alyssa is sitting on her lap at WDW and she's sitting next to Ariel at DL. Interesting!

Jasmine was in her fancy cloak at the DL Princess breakfast and we saw her in her "other" outfit (the scantily clad one :teeth: ) in front of the Magic Kingdom later in the week (yes, California was hot last week!).

Also, we saw Mary Poppins in both outfits just a week or so ago. She was wearing her fancy white outfit at the Princess breakfast and we saw her in her red outfit on Main Street. At the breakfast, she was walking around straightening everyone's clothes and when she leaned in to talk to Alyssa, Alyssa somehow bumped her and Mary got lipstick on her teeth. Kevin had to discreetly tell her about that. :)

Speaking of lipstick though, Snow White wears a bright red lipstick at WDW, but Snow White at the DL Princess breakfast had a light shade of red applied. Also, the princesses at WDW kiss autograph books and faces a lot, and I didn't witness any "princess kisses" in DL.

Speaking of Characters...My son is a huge Disney villain fan, especially Maleficent. Has anyone seen her in DL(other than in a parade)? :confused3
It would really make his trip special. :wizard:

At DL, you will find Mary Poppins in her white outfit during the summer months
This past weekend, we saw Mary at different times in both outfits. Perhaps she's "between seasons." :)

windan said:
Speaking of Characters...My son is a huge Disney villain fan, especially Maleficent. Has anyone seen her in DL(other than in a parade)? :confused3
It would really make his trip special. :wizard:

I haven't seen Maleficent, but we saw the Evil Queen from Snow White. And of course, Hook and Shmee.

I have a 'love note' (Kenai loves you and fish!) from the Kenai at Disneyland, so at least THAT ;) Kenai could write. It was also one of the best/funniest character interactions I've ever experienced, he had the three of us rolling :rotfl2:

ibouncetoo said:
I have a 'love note' (Kenai loves you and fish!) from the Kenai at Disneyland, so at least THAT ;) Kenai could write. It was also one of the best/funniest character interactions I've ever experienced, he had the three of us rolling :rotfl2:

What a great autograph! I love when the characters write other things besides just their signature, but obviously, if there's a long line of people waiting, they don't always have time to do this.

That's why we like character meals so much! That's where we met the "unsigning" Kenai and Koda though (at Storytellers). When we asked Koda for an autograph, he pointed to his paws and shook his head.

Kenai was in rare form at this breakfast...he and the ranger were running around with a fake fish. The ranger made Kenai cover his eyes, and she would hide the fish at a guest's table and then we would all play "you're hot/cold" while he searched for it. Such fun! :)

We saw The Incredibles at WDW in the early weeks right before the movie was released. They *signed* my kids' autograph books. Maybe it changed to stamps later??

debm said:
We saw The Incredibles at WDW in the early weeks right before the movie was released. They *signed* my kids' autograph books. Maybe it changed to stamps later??

We also have their signatures from WDW (we were there in October 2004), but a WDW CM (AngieBelle) who often posts, mentioned recently that the Incredibles are stamping now due to having difficulties signing with their gloves.

Apparently Woody stamps at Disney-MGM Studios but signs at the WDW Magic Kingdom. Interesting!

KMH1 said:
We just got back from five days at DL and I was surprised to find a few differences between the characters at DL and WDW.

In WDW, you can get Koda's and Kenai's autographs, but you cannot at DL because they can't write with their paws.

In WDW, Buzz and Woody have stamp autographs, but in DL, they actually sign autograph books.

The same is true for the Incredibles...in WDW, they stamp, but in DL, they sign.

And in DL, we saw Belle in her yellow gown twice! We have only seen her in her blue and white outfit at WDW, except in the Beauty and the Beast show.

I thought this was interesting!

When at the Magic Kingdom a few weeks back Woody and Jessie signed my daughters book, but when we went to MGM all the Toy Story characters stamp autographs, I was told it was too difficult to hold the pens, seemed odd since they were capable two days before, so she has a Buzz stamp in her book.

I did notice when we saw Belle at WDW she was always wearing her blue dress and apron, but at Disneyland she is always wearing her yellow gown.

We have never seen Mary Poppins in her white dress, would love to see her all decked out.

:goodvibes

edited to add, did not notice person right above wrote basically the same thing...oops

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter