Slightly OT but hotels near St Pancras

jacobsmama

Mouseketeer
We are getting the eurostar from St Pancras for our December trip. We're heading up the night before ie the 17th and then our eurostar is on 18th. Any recommendations for hotels close to St Pancras, ideally within walking distance. There's going to be 3 adults and 2 kids aged 3 and 1.

We are getting the eurostar from St Pancras for our December trip. We're heading up the night before ie the 17th and then our eurostar is on 18th. Any recommendations for hotels close to St Pancras, ideally within walking distance. There's going to be 3 adults and 2 kids aged 3 and 1.

Heya!

It's basic, but we tend to stay at the London Central Kings Cross Travelodge. We book about six to eight weeks out, and its usually somewhere between £70 and £100 for the night (keep an eye out for deals, they're usually floating about). Like I said, it's not luxurious, but it's clean, recently refurbished and best of all quite literally less than a five minute walk to St Pancras!

https://www.travelodge.co.uk/hotels/258/London-Central-Kings-Cross-hotel

xx

we also stayed in this ^^^ Travelodge as well as London Kings Cross Royal Scot Travelodge , London Farringdon Travelodge, London Central Euston Travelodge they are all close by... this February we stayed at this Premier Inn and its just opposite the station http://www.premierinn.com/en/hotel/LONSTP/london-st-pancras , there is also one more next to it and one near King Cross station... but I dont know if you will be able to book one room, you will need to check it ... hth

I'm back from a trip this summer to London and stayed at the Alhambra Hotel which is across the street from St Pancras by half a block. If it takes over 60 seconds to get to StP, that means you had a red light for traffic. :drive:

The Picadilly line also goes out to Heathrow Airport from StP so it was very convenient for us (we flew in and out of Heathrow).

They have an apartment nearby to rent for parties larger than 4 persons (I realize your kids are young). Be prepared for London. Hotel rooms are smaller than what you get in the States and more expensive (but the HA includes an English breakfast). Not as much AC but you will be there late in the year

There is a grocery store within a few blocks but I would recommend the Alhambra (maybe you could fit into a Quad or ask for the Apartment). Bruno is the live-in manager (slim, black hair, glasses).

http://www.alhambrahotel.com/rooms/

TripAdvisor Reviews: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g186338-d210066-Reviews-Alhambra_Hotel-London_England.html

Bama Ed

PS - we did the Eurostar from StP to Gare du Nord back and forth this summer and the immigrants in Calais disrupted our return trip to London. But Eurostar refunded us for our extra train tix we had to buy and the hotel room for one night. But HA is very convenient for the Eurostar is my point.

Premier Inn is always a good choice I find. Tune Hotel aren't bad either for the price - nearest one would be Kings Cross

would def recommend premier in.. there is a new St Pancreas Hotel and we could see the station from the room! was VERY reasonably priced too

Would just like to add that I have just booked the Premier Inn St Pancras for next May as it was only around £10 more than Travelodge Central King's Cross/Royal Scot. It is a little bit closer than the Travelodge (as i've stayed in both of them before). If the Premier Inn is only a small difference from the Travelodge then I would go for that, but back in 2012 I managed to book a Travelodge for £29 so it all depends!

We have always used the two travelodges within Kings Cross and have never paid more than £60 for a room but perfectly adequate for a one night stay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter