slightly OT - Paris accom. advice!

missj171

<font color=purple>I'm not a pint swigging electri
Well everyone was so helpful when booking the DLP portion of the trip I wondered if you could help out with this too!

We're staying an extra night in Paris after 2 nights at the Santa Fe, the euro* is booked for the evening of the 9th, but we as yet dont have anywhere to stay for the night of the either.

I found this budget hotel Darcet and its got some good reviews (clean with friendly staff) and a good price (we're students) and good services (24hr check in means more time @ Disney!) but I wondered if anyone had advice on if it was in a good location:

4 Rue Darcet (near Place de Clichy), 75017

Is this a good base for a whirlwind sightseeing trip? We've both been up the Eiffel Tower, been on the river cruise, and done all the 'obvious' things, so are just looking to wander around, take in the charm of the city and maybe pop into a couple of free sights on our way. Definetly not a commando-style operation!

If not, where is a good place to stay (safe, fairly quiet but near to metro/attractions). And, of course any hints and tips for making the most of 24hours in the city would be much appreciated!

Might be worth looking at www.tripadvisor.com and select paris hotels it might be listed. It's usually a good place to read comments from people who have stayed recently at the hotels listed in order of most popular and rated for all the usual things you need in a good hotel stay. :) Wifey

We stayed at a Holiday Inn- http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/hi/1/en/hd/parau, and the staff was very nice, and the location was decent. We were across the street from the metro, and the neighborhood seemed safe as well. I'm not sure what the rates are these days though...we did have a view of the Eiffel Tower though, which was neat.

Oh my!! Just found that hotel on tripadvisor and the reviews were awful so sorry!!Perhaps look for one close to Gare du Nord or Chatelet Les Halles both are good areas for transport or a hotel near the Auber metro station which links with the RER line to Marne-la-Vallee and within walking distance of the Opera etc.Hope you find a decent hotel for your stay!Wifey

wifey-

yikes! they are really bad reviews, im sure I look on tripadvisor before and couldn't find it, but i've read them now and they aren't good.

the weird thing is that it gets gushing reviews on the site I found it from, I know that the site is for scabby students and backpackers (as we are!) but credit card fraud isnt really a matter of standards! They all say its very clean and the staff and really nice, whereas on TA its exactly the opposite!

I guess I'll keep looking! Thanks for the location advice, i'll have another look! We're not asking for much in terms of facilities, we've only got a day in Paris so we're not looking to be in the hotel much, but I dont want my money stolen and luggage nicked!

alyssa- just had a quick look at the Holiday Inn and is £73 per room, per night. Not bad! And you know where you are with a Holiday Inn!

Try looking on TA again there are some good hotels but you may need to take some time to read through them. The Hotel Brittannique and Saint Christophe get good reviews .Good Luck ! Wifey

Missj171 have you had any luck finding a hotel room yet? Been keeping my fingers crossed for you - Wifey

Visited Paris in July...stayed at a place called Hotel Eugenie. We were a little nervous about their reservation process, but we didn't end up having any problems. The hotel was cute, clean and well located.
http://www.eugenie-hotel.com/

Thanks for all the advice, just checking out the Eugenie (although I see what you mean about the reservation system, but if you didn't get ripped off then I believe you!)

In the Sunday Times Travel today (21/8) there was a piece on bargain trips,and included some Paris destinations. I can't find it online, so here are the relevant bits!

These are the hotels they recommended, in case anyone else is looking!
- Port-Royal Hotel (5th arr) www.hoteportroyal.com (really good prices about £50 for a dbl with shower) described as being clean, light airy rooms in good location in Latin Quarter. good reviews on TA, hopefully going to book this one tonight!

- Hotel Des Mines (www.hote-desmines-paris.com (5th arr) no availability for when i'm looking at, but good prices, good TA reviews and Times describes it as friendly and comfy. from £62 dbl w/shower

-Hotel Chopin (9th) small but clean doubles from £60. (no URL)

Only a small piece, but gave advice on cheapest way to get to Paris also. I.e. Sat AM - Mon AM eurostars for £59 and the same tactics for easyjet flights.

So I hope that helps someone else apart from myself! So excited for my trip! only 4 days more of my internship then wonderful freedom and holiday excitement can properly begin!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter