Sling for 1-year-old?

Figment&Piglet

“A dream can be a dream come true”
Hi! I understand that you can't bring strollers into most queues, leaving us wondering what most people might do with a not-quite-walking 1-year-old when you're standing in line? They do get heavy, LOL! I've read where some people use slings? Are there any slings out there that people have used with, say, a 20-25 lb. child that isn't too bulky, is easy/quick to put on and remove, and is most importantly is comfortable (I have lower back issues/pain)? I've visited the Maya Wrap site...would one of their pouches work? Any advice appreciated. Thanks!

I would go with the maya sling. I have tried a new native pouch (very similar to the maya) and I hated it-so did dd. The sling is completely adjustable and I think that makes a big difference. The sling is super lightweight and very breathable. It also fols up very small.

I wouldn't go with one of the pouchs because I have heard they are hard to deal with sometimes. I would go with the Maya Wrap sling....I still use mine for my over 3 year old and it works really well. I have taken her all over WDW in it also. :D

My daughter has used a sling for both her children. She used one for her daughter until Elli was 2 years old. And now her son will be a year old on Tuesday, and she uses the sling ALL the time for him. She said for you to try www.kangarookorner.com that is where she got her slings. She also has a water sling that is great for taking the baby in the pool. She can take Quin into the pool, and still have her hands free for Elli. The sling is also great for nursing discretely. The sling is very handy to have at DW. Especially going trough the airport, she puts the baby in the sling, and then we load up the stroller with our luggage.
We have taken Elli to DW 3 times now, beginning when she was 2. Last November was Quin's first time. We are going again in 17 days. Usually it is just myself, mt daughter and the kids. This time should be fun because it will be my son-in-law's first time there!
Hope this helps...have fun!!!

I just ordered a sling for both my 25 pound 11 month old and 26 pound almost 3 yr old for waiting in lines. It goes on your hip, light, comes with small carry bag then can slip in the smallest of diaper bags. Had RAVE reviews at www.onestepahead.com where I ordered it!!! $ 25.00 each. My friend had hers and loves it, used it til her daught was over 3 (small child!) I am looking forward to giving my arms a break!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter