Slinky and ROTR Genie+/ILL$ Tips and Experiences

Good to know. SDD is new since my last trip. Can't wait to see what all the excitement is about.
SDD is a fun, relatively short roller coaster ride that appeals to the masses of all ages. . For example, my wife, who will not do things like Space Mountain, Everest, and RNRC, and will occasionally tolerate BTMRR and 7DMT, loves Slinky.

This broad appeal puts It in high demand. For people who love thrill rides with steep drops, and loops, SDD will not be very exciting. But, most people enjoy it if they can avoid a long line.

SDD is a fun, relatively short roller coaster ride that appeals to the masses of all ages. . For example, my wife, who will not do things like Space Mountain, Everest, and RNRC, and will occasionally tolerate BTMRR and 7DMT, loves Slinky.

This broad appeal puts It in high demand. For people who love thrill rides with steep drops, and loops, SDD will not be very exciting. But, most people enjoy it if they can avoid a long line.
This is for sure on my MUST RIDE list!!

This has to be one of the most informative threads on disboards! Thank you all for sharing your experiences. I’ve read through all five pages but still not sure…. with the additional “drop” times, does it make sense to try for SDD first and then hope to get ROTR in the next drop or vice versa? Or does it not matter?

Also, have people been able to also use Genie+ to get TOT and RNRC? Or is it best to try to rope drop one of those?

I wouldn't be surprised if/when Disney puts back two attractions per park for ILL, that SDD wouldn't be the one. Seems like it is a lot more popular than MMRR.

This has to be one of the most informative threads on disboards! Thank you all for sharing your experiences. I’ve read through all five pages but still not sure…. with the additional “drop” times, does it make sense to try for SDD first and then hope to get ROTR in the next drop or vice versa? Or does it not matter?

Also, have people been able to also use Genie+ to get TOT and RNRC? Or is it best to try to rope drop one of those?
I would go for SDD first. It has less availability
ETA: Also, it’s easier to fit a $ILL (Rise) time around a LL (SDD) vs the other way around.

Last edited:

Maybe try this: at 7AM buy Rise; at 7:11/7:17 or whatever the new drop time is - get a G+ for SDD. Or switch those two. . Then rope drop TOT and the RNR. We did this a couple of weeks ago with early entry and it worked great!! Also TOT runs out of G+ availability before RNR.

I would go for SDD first, especially if you want to shoot for an early time.

The specific times may vary but even during spring break when 7:17 was the magic time, earlier times for ROTR always seem to come up and stay up longer than in the initial rush at 7:00:00.

It will be interesting to see what happens when the GOTG ride opens. The crush to get spots for that (whether VQ or LL or both) might ease some of the demand for ROTR in that first minute or two.

Silly question perhaps, but how are people “refreshing” specifically when looking for a time on a specific attraction?

I’ve checked a couple of times this week and it looks like this has been a pretty favorable week for onsite guests trying to get LL for both SDD and ROTR.

Spots have remained available slightly longer than usual at 7:00, but they both still go to “not currently offered” in a little over a minute (as compared to less than a minute).

But the real sweet spot has come at about 7:10 (maybe more like 7:11). At that time, early slots for both attractions have become available and stayed available for several minutes, especially for ROTR.

Times for ROTR were still available at 7:30 and, though I wasn’t checking constantly, it looked like at least one additional drop of very early times (like 8:00 AM) occurred between 7:10 and 7:30.

Last edited:
Silly question perhaps, but how are people “refreshing” specifically when looking for a time on a specific attraction?
If clicking on “Attraction & shows” doesn’t work, you can also swipe/pull down on your phone until “checking availability” shows on top. Make sure you pin the ride (or two max) at the top to save time.
You can practice refreshing right now to get a sense of times and how they shift throughout the day.

We were there over Easter and couldn't get RotR at 7am while we waiting at the bus stop. We kept refreshing every few minutes and eventually got it halfway through the bus ride. It wasn't the highest priority for us, but we were excited because it was a new ride with a lot of buzz. It was a bit disappointing when we thought that we wouldn't be able to ride it, but it all worked out well. The same thing happened for Rat on our Epcot day.

I agree. I've been pouring over ALL things Genie+ and trying to absorb it all. There is a ton of information but people here are so helpful and breaking it down for us. LOVE this place.

I'm sure it's already been mentioned, but one trick I had planned on but ultimately wasn't able to take advantage of is to get backup key cards for our group, and if there's an LL some of your group isn't interested in (ie RotR or RnRC) then you can book the ride for the whole group and then use the back up cards to "impersonate" the group members who don't want to ride it. For example, if RnRC had been booked for a party of 4, but only 2 of the people want to ride it, they can tap in as usual to ride it, then go right back to the LL entrance and use the other 2 group members key cards to tap in again. You can do the same thing with magic bands, but having the backup cards is handy if the other 2 members want to leave the park to go back to the resort for a break or use it to make purchases, etc.

Genie+ and ILL was so much easier than I anticipated! I was STRESSED before we left. We followed the advice to get SDD first and then book ILL for Rise and I was done in no time. We had a 9:30am Rise and 12:30 SDD. We were able to stack Genie+ and it worked great.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter