Slinky Dog Dash Ride

dragonfly57005

DIS Veteran
My younger kids enjoy 7DMT.
How does the new Slinky Dog ride Compare?
Is it closer to Big Thunder? Or another coaster?

My younger kids enjoy 7DMT.
How does the new Slinky Dog ride Compare?
Is it closer to Big Thunder? Or another coaster?
It's more thrilling than either imo (although I like them all), but it's still not a thrill ride. It's a very smooth ride, with dips and turns and a few good drops. Lots of fun, but not scary.

If they can handle 7DMT and BTMR, they can handle SDD. Although one of my girls thinks SDD is the most intense out of those 3 coasters.

I do not like rollercoasters but LOVE 7DMT. I find that one very tame. It’s the only rollercoaster I will ride. I’ve ridden Big Thunder and find that one very jerky and bumpy. 7DMT I can ride over and over, it doesn’t bother me.

I bravely tried SDD and thankfully did so before having breakfast. That one big drop is killer! I’m not a fan. Yes, it’s smooth and the seats are larger but that one big drop is not for me.

I haven’t ridden SDD yet but I would assume the different might be that 7DMT and BTMRR and their tracks are all contained. You always are on the ground and surrounded by the mountain. Looks like SDD is out in the open. Just the car and the track like a traditional coaster. That might be a little more “real”

I do not like rollercoasters but LOVE 7DMT. I find that one very tame. It’s the only rollercoaster I will ride. I’ve ridden Big Thunder and find that one very jerky and bumpy. 7DMT I can ride over and over, it doesn’t bother me.

I bravely tried SDD and thankfully did so before having breakfast. That one big drop is killer! I’m not a fan. Yes, it’s smooth and the seats are larger but that one big drop is not for me.

Me either. You should see our ride photo. Sister and BIL with big grins and me with my eyes closed and jaw clenched. Not a huge fan of drops or coasters as a whole for that matter. BTMRR is the only one I will ride, and SDD seemed much more intense to me.

Just rode SDD. It's more intense than I thought. Big Thunder feels faster and less smooth but SDD has more intense drops. I can ride Big Thunder with a straight face but not SDD

I can't wait to ride this in October! I was worried it wasn't going to be a very exciting attraction but all the reviews have been great!

I can't wait to ride this in October! I was worried it wasn't going to be a very exciting attraction but all the reviews have been great!

Alien saucers is actually a fun cute ride too! If you can get a fast pass for it (bonus one not one of your three) i’d do it.

Alien saucers is actually a fun cute ride too! If you can get a fast pass for it (bonus one not one of your three) i’d do it.
I also look forward to trying that one! I didn't get a FP because my husband can't do rides that spin and he told me he will have to watch a ride before he tries it. I may be riding it solo:rolleyes:

I also look forward to trying that one! I didn't get a FP because my husband can't do rides that spin and he told me he will have to watch a ride before he tries it. I may be riding it solo:rolleyes:

My SO can’t do rides that spin either (made us get out of line for primeval whirl at AK) but ended up really enjoy saucers. It doesn’t spin, you don’t spin anything and it whips around but it’s nothing like we were expecting. A fun little ride for a quick FP.

My SO can’t do rides that spin either (made us get out of line for primeval whirl at AK) but ended up really enjoy saucers. It doesn’t spin, you don’t spin anything and it whips around but it’s nothing like we were expecting. A fun little ride for a quick FP.
Good to know! I will let him know it should be safe:yay:

I was just telling DH this. It looks so tame...I am excited that it seems to be a bit more exciting! And the see what my 3 year old thinks of it :D

Same here. Husband can’t do spinning rides and he was fine on the alien saucers. He actually liked it and rode it 3X (we did an early morning).

Have him watch a video of the ride. It moves pretty slow overall with a little whip thrown in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter