Slinky Dog Dash worth riding twice?

SDD is one of two rides at WDW that are just significantly superior at night IMO. The first is Thunder in MK. Thunder during the day is nice but at night it comes alive. I am to the point where riding Thunder during the day is kind of a don't do.

SDD at night is really an incredible ride. The difference is significant.

Note: never ridden Everest at night.

I would RD ToT and ride it 2 or 3 times. Everybody heads to Toy Story Land, so it's pretty dead over by RnRC and ToT for a while. Then, ride SDD with FP, try to get a 4th+ FP for TSM (many people say they have had no problem doing so) then get in line for SDD a few minutes before close and ride again. It really is super fun in the dark! We got in line 10 minutes before close last September and the wait was posted at 30 minutes. We waited 11.

That’s weird I’ve never seen that happen before. We’ve always been able to get in line right up until park close. Actually last March we took our niece and we got in line for tsmm the very second the park closed. We were almost too late. It might’ve been the cm that was working that line but they should let you in until the last second. I’m not saying that’s a good strategy though because I would still give 30 or so minutes before park close to get in line

I've never seen it happen either. In this instance there was no room open in the queue at all and the people waiting were lined up all the way down the fence. I would guess there were maybe 50 people outside of the turnstile at 8:30.

I've never seen it happen either. In this instance there was no room open in the queue at all and the people waiting were lined up all the way down the fence. I would guess there were maybe 50 people outside of the turnstile at 8:30.
Ah okay. They must’ve sectioned off parts of the line to make it shorter and didn’t realize how many people would still be getting in line.

While I enjoy the ride for sure, I would get an early FP+ and rope drop it. I found that it was not worth a long wait. Of course I say that now but I've only ridden it once (last September). We are going again in May and that is my plan for now. I may try to ride it at night too.

Personally, I wasn't that excited by this ride. Maybe I read too many reports of how awesome it was, but it didn't seem all that thrilling and was pretty short overall. My son loved it so I'm sure he'd like to ride twice, but once was fine for me. I got off with a "that was it?" sort of feeling.

We liked SDD and would have ridden it twice if we were able to get a second FP. I don't think it's worth rope dropping it though, especially since you already have a FP. The rope drop crowd is insanity and you'd need to get there early and work to stay at the front of the pack in order to have a minimal wait. We rope dropped TSMM instead and although we had to walk with the crowd, that was the extent of it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter