• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Slinky Dog Dash

WRLeGrand

Mouseketeer
Has anyone heard how many Slinky Dog cars there are going to be? If there is only the one being seen, I feel the ride is going to be a huge failure simply based on wait time...

It will be as many as is safe.....I don't know the plans, so I don't know the track layout, but I would compare it to RnR, they have one at load, one at unload, and however many in between....

and then they will have some backups as well, for when they need refurb.....

I thought the trains would have more seats by looking at the concept art they would seat 18 per train. The train they are showing only seats 6 in the current videos. Hopefully this is only a test train and they have more cars to add onto slinky.

Disney Parks Blog Video Link:
https://instagram.com/p/BYbCrmnBkst/

I thought the trains would have more seats by looking at the concept art they would seat 18 per train. The train they are showing only seats 6 in the current videos. Hopefully this is only a test train and they have more cars to add onto slinky.

Disney Parks Blog Video Link:
https://instagram.com/p/BYbCrmnBkst/
The video shows a digital rendering of what it's going to look like. It looks like there's going to be a lot more middle pieces once it's done.

I thought the trains would have more seats by looking at the concept art they would seat 18 per train

The rendering released by Disney actually showed 10 rows per train, not 18.

Looking at the track layout, I am guessing there will be 4 trains on the track.

Looking at the track layout, I am guessing there will be 4 trains on the track.

I think it depends if it loads like 7DMT or BTM. If only one side loading my guess would be 3 trains.

I think it depends if it loads like 7DMT or BTM. If only one side loading my guess would be 3 trains.
From construction shots it looks like there will be separate load and unload spots like 7DMT. So:
1st train in load.
2nd train in unload.
3rd train waiting at first launch point and launched when the 4th train in 2nd half of course reaches brake run.
4th train gets 2nd launch point through brake run before station

They could easily run 4 trains on this course. They may only do 3, though. We'll see.

From construction shots it looks like there will be separate load and unload spots like 7DMT. So:
1st train in load.
2nd train in unload.
3rd train waiting at first launch point and launched when the 4th train in 2nd half of course reaches brake run.
4th train gets 2nd launch point through brake run before station

Did forget about the launch. Very plausible.

I was going off the photo below. I only counted 18 ppl on the ride but missed that there is also a back seat that looks empty, also possibly an empty front seat. So it should hold at least 20 ppl per train. :goodvibes

IMG_1327.JPG

I was going off the photo below. I only counted 18 ppl on the ride but missed that there is also a back seat that looks empty, also possibly an empty front seat. So it should hold at least 20 ppl per train. :goodvibes

View attachment 265747

That picture was the original concept art which showed additional bridges, pedestrian walkways, trenches, and theming pieces which aren't going to be in the final product. The final coaster now has a different track layout with an initial launch instead of a lift hill, and with a banked left turn after the launch instead of the looping right hand turn over the walkway which was seen in the original concept art you posted. This official CGI video from Disney is newer and shows the actual track layout that we can see now in real life:

In this, they are showing each train will have 5 passenger cars with each car having 2 rows with 2 guests in each row. From the pictures of the actual cars which are now onsite we can see that at least the cars match up with the video (each car has 2 rows of 2 guests). So I'm going to assume the train configuration in the video is accurate since both the track layout and car configuration has been confirmed in real life now. If so, that means each train will hold 20 people (5 cars X 2 rows per car X 2 guests per row)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter