Slinky dog @ rope drop

I would plan to be on it first thing. The waits will only get longer as the day goes on.

Or, plan B: realize that you simply can't do every ride. That was a huge realization for us on our first trip; it simply isn't possible to see and do it all. Best advice ever: don't give any one ride/attraction/show/whatever the power to "Make" your vacation. If you see that it's a 90 minute wait for SDD or some other ride you want, balance those 90 minutes on line vs what else you could be doing. Maybe it's worth it to you, maybe it's not. But if you don't see it this trip, you prioritize it next trip, that's all.

So much better to remember all the great stuff you did than the hot sweaty cranky 90 minutes you spent on line for a 3 minute ride.

That was such an AWESOME response. It's so true. I know I'm guilty of wanting everyone's vacation to be perfect which means riding all the rides that each person wants. I have started to realize it is what it is. It's hard but I'm starting to just let it go..... Now, I may sound differently on Friday am when I'm selecting fast passes and can't get FOP. :rolleyes1

So I don't know when you're going, but this weekend lines for SDD were like 40-70 minutes depending on the time of day (from mid afternoon to evening). Aliens was a 25 minute wait.

Does a Hollywood & Vine breakfast reservation gain guests any earlier access to the park, similar to Be Our Guest (BOG) at Magic Kingdom(MK)?

I did some test bookings and saw Hollywood and Vine 7:45 available on a day with an 8am opening, and an 8:00 available on a day in January with a 9am opening. So they'd have to let you in early, but I'm not sure if it would get you any advantage for ropedropping SDD.

I did some test bookings and saw Hollywood and Vine 7:45 available on a day with an 8am opening, and an 8:00 available on a day in January with a 9am opening. So they'd have to let you in early, but I'm not sure if it would get you any advantage for ropedropping SDD.

Interesting.

Wonder if those will end up being Extra Magic Hours?

we have plans for 9/2 for HS. That day has a 9am opening, and it's one day before AP previews start. (Stinks that we have AP's but didn't see the email in time to register). I'm hoping if we get through the turnstyles by 8:30am we will be ok. I already have FP for TSMM.

We were there last week and it depends on when you are going. DHS opens at 7 for the remainder of July but we got on Slinky Dog at 6:37 one morning. The next morning we waited for 30 minutes and got on at 6:56. Just depends. The line for TSMM and Alien Saucer was not bad at all until 9 or so.

Wondering if I should Uber to rope drop at 0600?
Hate Disney Transport, and don't want to mess with parking, not really sure what time they open the parking lots.

Any suggestions?

If the park is to open at 7 am what time do they let you in ????

what time should you be there for a 7 am opening ???

If the park is to open at 7 am what time do they let you in ????

what time should you be there for a 7 am opening ???

go to easywdw.com and read the article on rope dropping DHS.

Colleagues suggested their personal experience at other Disney Parks, is that the parking lot is open at 5:45am, with no barriers, but also no attendants? Kinda like a self park situation?

Sunday morning, family never woke in time for a true rope drop. Arrived at the very tail end of Extra Magic Hours, signs said 75 minute wait. Entered at 7:54, off at 8:29, for a 35 minute wait.

Alien Saucer Swirl said 30 minute wait, ended up waiting 17 minutes.

Or, plan B: realize that you simply can't do every ride. That was a huge realization for us on our first trip; it simply isn't possible to see and do it all. Best advice ever: don't give any one ride/attraction/show/whatever the power to "Make" your vacation. If you see that it's a 90 minute wait for SDD or some other ride you want, balance those 90 minutes on line vs what else you could be doing. Maybe it's worth it to you, maybe it's not. But if you don't see it this trip, you prioritize it next trip, that's all.

I absolutely agree with this. Splash Mountain, my favorite ride, was closed when I was there in October. While I was bummed, I decided to ride Big Thunder about eight times over the course of the trip to make up for it. And it's the very first attraction that I intend on riding on my upcoming trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter