• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

slo’s 2nd WEDNESDAY 4/5 poll - Yellowstone & 1883 (tv shows)

Yellowstone & 1883 TV show - what do you watch?

• I watch Yellowstone

Votes: 19 32.2%
  • I watch(ed) 1883

Votes: 12 20.3%
  • I love this show(s)

Votes: 9 15.3%
  • I like this show(s)

Votes: 3 5.1%
  • I love one and like one

• I like one and don’t like one

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • I don’t like it/them

• I haven’t watched them, but I want to start

Votes: 4 6.8%
  • I haven’t watched them and I have no desire to

Votes: 23 39.0%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 9 15.3%

• Total voters
I've watched Yellowstone twice and re-watching 1883 right now. IMHO Yellowstone is raunchy fun, but 1883 is amazing.

I watched most of Yellowstone. I loved it in the beginning, was absolutely obsessed with it and binge watched most of the first 3 seasons.

But.....I'm over it now. The scenery is fantastic, the acting is wonderful, the show is really well done. But they are all TERRIBLE people. None of them can just have a good day and at this point I'm rooting for the bank. The show has become exhausting.

At the end of the day, if I can't have a character to root for I lost interest in the show.

I had no intention of watching either show, even though I like Kevin Costner.

Then Paramount was was showing a marathon of 1883 one weekend and I happened upon the first episode as I was channel surfing. I was intrigued that Tim McGraw and Faith Hill were starring in it together, so I started binge watching. It turns out to be more centered on the daughter (who is a dead ringer for Jennifer Lawrence,) than about their characters, but I was still hooked. popcorn::

Then I binge watched Yellowstone. It actually took me a bit to get adjusted to the jump in time and that Yellowstone is a modern day version of Dallas except with much more violence. Costner as the patriarch is great. I couldn't stand Beth for the first couple of seasons, but when they explained her back story more, I came to understand her. I love her and Rip.

In case people don't know, the guy who plays Travis, the rodeo guy, in the later seasons, is Taylor Sheridan, the writer/creator of the Yellowstone series.

There is a third series, written to be in between 1883 and current day Yellowstone, called 1923. It stars Harrison Ford & Helen Mirren. I watched part of it, but noticed it is just filled with gratuitous violence. More so than the other two series. I can handle a lot of violence, but the extreme, continual violence and torture were way, way beyond anything necessary. It seemed that Sheridan put it in more for effect than to move the story along. So, I stopped watching 1923. (I think around this point in time, even Costner had decided out of continuing in Yellowstone as he didn't like how that series had changed so much. Publicly, he says Yellowstone conflicts with a new project he's working on.

I think there are plans to make another series in between 1923 & Yellowstone, as it would complete the generations who owned the Dutton ranch. But, I have no interest in it if it continues to be just a tortuous slaugherfest as 1923 is.

I was a fan of Yellowstone from the start; however, I feel the story started falling off with the third season. :/ Kinda sucks, because I really like a lot of the characters.

1883? Awesome series for that historical era.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter