slo’s FAT TUESDAY 2/13 poll - Paczkis

Paczki - Will you have one and what flavor will you have? (m.c.)

• Yes - I will eat a Paczki

Votes: 16 17.8%
  • No - I will not eat a Paczki

Votes: 66 73.3%
  • Fruit filled (a berry type)

Votes: 10 11.1%
  • Fruit filled (apple, prune and others)

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Custard

Votes: 9 10.0%
  • Chocolate

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Cream Cheese

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fruit with cream

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Vanilla

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 11 12.2%

• Total voters

slo

My tag used to say - I'm a Tonga Toast Junkie 😁
Woohoo…..today is Fat Tuesday, which means today is Paczki Day.

Will you being being eat Paczki today?
If yes, what flavor(s) will you have?
(multiple choice)

For Me…..I will not be participating with Fat Tuesday. I just can’t bring myself to do it. I do love them, but today is one of my gym days and I can’t blow my workout on eating Paczki (I really do need to live a little and have one - LOL!)

IMG_1566.jpeg

I love them, but it's hard to get good ones around here. It's just not a big thing, though I have been seeing them more and more in teh grocery stores. It is kind of hit and miss if they will be good though. sometimes it's just a donut and sometimes it is inedible. I HAVE had some that were decent, but it is inconsistent from year to year. I did have some back around New Years because, you know, why not?

I would love to have one they’re delicious but the ones around here are not delicious so I will not be partaking but if I could get a good one I would eat one would pick a cream maybe a raspberry I probably get both that’s my problem if I found good ones I’d probably get two or three of them and then I feel really bad about eating so many of them but then I think it’s fat Tuesday who cares? And then I would when I stepped on the scale🤣🤣🤣🤣

I voted other, because I’ve never had one and never heard of them until reading about them here. They look good. Do they taste different than regular jelly donuts?

If I were eating one it would be a tie between some sort of red jam (surprise me!) and a vanilla pastry cream. Which ever version I touched first would be the ONE. for the minute.

I already enjoyed eating a lot of other sweets so deferring to the private conversation my thighs are having with me which if I keep it up would be pretty public😉

We don't have any today, and it's snowing so we won't be going out to get any. I have had a few during paczki season, though (Bavarian cream, prune, lemon). The Bavarian cream was my favorite.

Yep, I just got back from the grocery store and have a raspberry and a custard waiting to be consumed today. I love Paczki, but am not a fan of King Cake.

IMG_1518.jpeg

Never heard them called Paczki, just a jelly filled donut here. No, not eating one today, but I am going to a Luna New Year lunch today.

My plan is to have a cannoli cream filled paczki. I am struggling with this decision, however, because I am on WW and one paczki is about a million WW points. Ha! 😀

UPDATE - I had my cannoli cream paczki. It was absolutely delicious. I promise you - a paczki is not just a donut. By the way, it was worth every calorie! 😀

Last edited:
I've never had one so I have to ask. Looking at the picture, it looks very similar to a jelly donut that I did have many times in my youth. Are they the same or similar?

We live about 15 minutes away from Weber Bakery in Chicago, one of the most popular places to get a fresh paczki, but we won't be buying them. They have also been for sale at our grocery store for several weeks. It is just a jelly filled donut and I don't see what the big deal is. :)

I like the fruit filled ones, though, if I do have an opportunity to have one. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter