slo’s FRIDAY 1/19 poll - Bowling 🎳

Bowling - Do you bowl? In a league? Were you on a team? Just for fun? (m.c.)

• Yes - I currently bowl

Votes: 8 9.2%
  • No - I currently do not bowl

Votes: 57 65.5%
  • I bowl in a league

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • I have family member(s) that bowl in a league

Votes: 6 6.9%
  • I bowl/bowled on a competitive team - please post where

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • I have/had family member(s) that bowl on a competitive team

Votes: 11 12.6%
  • I bowl just for fun with family or friends

Votes: 40 46.0%
  • I bowl/bowled professionally

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have never bowled

Votes: 4 4.6%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 6 6.9%

• Total voters
I enjoy bowling and was hoping to find a Women's league this winter. I've never had any training or classes and I'm not a good bowler but I find it fun and was hoping it would also be a way to meet other women in a new area. I did inquire at the bowling alley near me but it seems they started a league in the fall that goes until almost summer. The bowling manager didn't know if I'd be a good fit because many of the teams have been established for years and are very competitive. I was looking more for retirement recreation. My dh is still working fulltime and I want to find a daytime activity that is fun and gets me out of the house.

I guess I bowled a time or two as a child, but it wasn’t a part of my growing up. I have occasionally had to participate in a “fun team building” event at a bowling alley.

I do not currently bowl. I did years, many years ago. In my teens (mid/ late 50's and early 60's) a few guys in the neighborhood bowled pretty often. It was quite popular then. In the later 60's, I bowled on a league from the company where I met Marie. She did not bowl. My folks bowled on leagues back in the 30's and 40's. I can't recall the last time I did bowl.

And hope you are not getting that Lake Effect today and tonight, @slo.

1705724321220.png

• Love
Reactions: slo
My mom bowled in a league and was pretty good. She had several trophies. I have her ball and had the holes re-sized for my fingers.

My family will bowl for fun sometimes. I’m not as good as my mother. 😂

It's been a long time since I have been bowling. It is fun, but I am not any good at it. When with a group, my main goal is to just not finish in last place.

I do not currently bowl. I did years, many years ago. In my teens (mid/ late 50's and early 60's) a few guys in the neighborhood bowled pretty often. It was quite popular then. In the later 60's, I bowled on a league from the company where I met Marie. She did not bowl. My folks bowled on leagues back in the 30's and 40's. I can't recall the last time I did bowl.

And hope you are not getting that Lake Effect today and tonight, @slo.

View attachment 827193
Thank you Dan for the thank you ❤️ :goodvibes

Luckily we didn’t get as much snow as LaPorte County - they got like 27-30” 😳 I was told that at one time yesterday Michigan City issued a no drive order 😳. DH’s work is close to there, so he had to drive in all that snow yesterday, which is stressful. Gotta love that lake effect snow :headache: Thank you for asking 🙂

Dude. It's about the awesome greasy food and beer. Nothing about the ball and pins!!
Well you certainly know my soft spot, however I can enjoy greasy food and beer while remaining in my own shoes. :earboy2:

I freaking love bowling, sadly the one that was literally 5 minutes up the street from me closed down for good during the pandemic.

I bowl on a women’s league every Tuesday night. My current average is 149.

I have made some great friends. I just returned yesterday from a Caribbean cruise with a friend I made on the league. 😁🎳

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter