slo’s FRIDAY 11/18 poll - Sleeping Through The Night

Sleeping - When was the last time you slept all night?

• Last night

Votes: 21 17.4%
  • This week

Votes: 10 8.3%
  • During this month

Votes: 13 10.7%
  • During last month

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Sometime in the last couple months

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • Sometime in the last six months

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • Sometime during the course of this year

Votes: 4 3.3%
  • I have absolutely no idea

Votes: 39 32.2%
  • People sleep through the night? I didn’t know this was possible

Votes: 22 18.2%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 4 3.3%

• Total voters

slo

My tag used to say - I'm a Tonga Toast Junkie 😁
When was the last time you slept through the night?
Where you didn’t wake up one time from the minute you fell asleep until it was time to get out of bed.

This poll is either your chance to brag about sleeping all night, or to whine that you can’t :lmao:

For Me…..I honestly have no idea :confused3
I do know it’s been years, and I mean many years, since I’ve slept all night.
I always fall asleep like a champ, but staying asleep is the challenge.
Some nights are worse than others, buy typically I go to bed at 10:00pm, read then fall asleep around 10:30pm, wake up at 1:30am, go back to sleep and wake up around 3:30am and doze lightly until 4:30am and then I get out of bed at 5:15am. That is my very frustrating sleep pattern - very annoying.
528463FD-4B0B-44BE-A80A-990E25766E18.png

Last edited:
I slept through the night on Sunday BUT I'd just come home from 8 nights in Florida (4 nights at Disney/4 nights stranded due to the hurricane), felt like crap, had taken motion sickness pills as I flew that morning, and was EXHAUSTED. I was actually shocked that I slept all night! That's OK, I made up for it Monday night with only 2 hours of sleep. I never sleep all night anymore.

Can't remember the last time.
I wake up a lot. When DH goes to bed, when I need to go to the bathroom or he needs to, leg cramps, noises......
I sleep okay for a couple of hours and then not so good. I get up about 4:30. It is getting earlier and earlier as the years go by

Can't remember the last time.
I wake up a lot. When DH goes to bed, when I need to go to the bathroom or he needs to, leg cramps, noises......
I sleep okay for a couple of hours and then not so good. I get up about 4:30. It is getting earlier and earlier as the years go by
Pretty much what Nancy says.

Lifelong sleeping issues here! I’m lucky to sleep at all BUT as I’ve gotten older I’ve discovered if I sit down to watch TV I can get a nap in most of the time - granted I wake up frequently but hey it’s some sleep - only problem is when I get up to go to bed - I’m wide awake - ugh
Reading has never made me sleepy
The CALM sleep story app is awesome works most of the time to put me to sleep but I’ve not found something to keep me asleep
But often I do get interested in the story and fight laying there listening to it
Don’t say music - I’ve tried all kinds of music - I just sign along while I lie in bed
My problem is shutting my brain off - my medicine is just not strong enough as my brain decides to run through everything it can think of and then some - it does it when I’m trying to sleep dictating to me in my sleep I don’t know how else to explain it - but I’m making list and running thru things in my sleep - been like this as long as I can remember - as far back as grade school - I envy people who can go to bed and sleep - my average if lucky is 4 hrs most nights and that’s getting up at least once - if I go to bed early I’m guaranteed I will wake up a couple hours later and be up for hours if not for rest of day
Yes I’ve taken medicine to sleep - doesn’t help
At this point I just accept it - it’s how I am -my DF was same way I think it’s genetic lucky me I don’t believe I passed to go either DD as my youngest DD sleeps like the dead !!! 🤣🤣🤣

Only with the help of two prescribed medications. I have drug resistant insomnia. It is awful. However, with the medicine combination my provider finally found, I'm able to sleep through.

DH is a very active sleeper. Gets up several times a night for bathroom and he is not quiet as a mouse. Noise from CPAP Sometimes I think I'm sleeping with a tea kettle. He is a blanket stealer, he likes to sleep with one arm out which mean close to my head half the time. I roll over and there is hand in my face. He has restless leg thing. shake shake shake...pause, shake shake......rinse and repeat. then pause pause pause loong pause (ahhhh that's done) ......shake shake..

But I must add, he doesn't do any of this on purpose. He is not aware of the leg shaker, arm throwing, etc

What was the question?????

Last night. I used to have the same sleeping issues as you, but I went on bioidentical hormones 2 years ago and have slept like a baby ever since! I know this is not an option for everyone, but it is life changing.

I also cannot remember the last time I slept through the night. I do take Magnesium Glycinate (has to be the glycinate form of magnesium) around dinner time which has definitely improved my sleep. I still wake up, but not as frequently and sleep a little deeper than I used to.

Reactions: slo
DH is a very active sleeper. Gets up several times a night for bathroom and he is not quiet as a mouse. Noise from CPAP Sometimes I think I'm sleeping with a tea kettle. He is a blanket stealer, he likes to sleep with one arm out which mean close to my head half the time. I roll over and there is hand in my face. He has restless leg thing. shake shake shake...pause, shake shake......rinse and repeat. then pause pause pause loong pause (ahhhh that's done) ......shake shake..

But I must add, he doesn't do any of this on purpose. He is not aware of the leg shaker, arm throwing, etc

This is why DH and I have had separate bedrooms for many years. He used to snore, loudly. I moved to the guest room, he had a sleep study and was prescribed a CPAP. Tried sleeping with him again but if the mask moves he snores again, or the machine makes noises. And he has the restless leg thing too. So back to the guest room.

I slept through the night once recently, was shocked. Most of the time I get up twice in the night for the bathroom. Sometimes I can go right back to sleep, sometimes I can’t. Toss and turn, turn on the TV and watch Chopped or Beat Bobby Flay. Those nights I need an afternoon nap.

My DH does alllll of this (minus the Cpap) as well as flails so I have to sleep on defense. I wore a FitBit to bed one night and he woke me up 17 times in four hours when I finally gave up and went downstairs. In my younger days I was better at dealing with it but these days I have a hard enough time sleeping as it is so we now sleep separate.

I can’t remember the last time I slept through the night. Have I ever? Last night I woke up, saw it was 3:30am and I went right back to sleep. I consider that a good night since I didn’t wake up multiple times and wasn’t awake for more than a minute or so. I usually wake up several times and a lot of the time it takes awhile for me to go back to sleep. I never get up though because I don’t want to “train” myself to be fully up and around in the middle of the night.

A couple of times a night to go to the bathroom. Drink way too much water... If traveling and running around the parks all day I'll sleep all night no problems...

No idea. Between getting up for the bathroom and my nonstop brain thinking about everything I just can’t sleep. I get to sleep fine but wake up a few hours later. It helps a little putting my headphones on and listening to something although it’s probably not the best idea but it helps me.

Every night since getting my divorce I go to bed, sleep 6.5 hours, and wake up completely refreshed. I didn't have access to the medication to do that when I was married, thus I had trouble falling asleep with restless leg syndrome and such. Now, no issues at all. Everyone should have legal access to said completely natural medication.

• Haha
Reactions: GAN
This past Sunday, for some reason. Usually I wake up around 5:30 am, regardless of when I go to sleep. Sometimes I can go back to sleep, sometimes not.

Last night, the night before and basically every night. I don’t have sleep issues at all and I know that’s a HUGH blessing. DH on the other hand, has had a hard week. He wonked a nerve in his pelvis somehow and his hip has been playing hell with him. He’s apparently been up at 3:00 am 5 nights running, trying to stretch it out. I haven’t noticed because I sleep like a rock. :faint:

I don't usually have too many issues sleeping through the night. My wife, unfortunately, is up most nights in the middle of the night for at least an hour or two.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter