• Very Bad 🙁👎🏻👎🏻

Votes: 6 7.1%
  • I’d rather not say

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
You know, it was pretty good.
Be both had Covid for the second time, but it was symptom free and we were fortunate to not suffer with it.
One son got engaged, the other informed us of his plans to become engaged in the spring...don't have any daughters and our two soon to be daughter in laws are really, really nice young ladies.
Got to visit Austria and Hungary, it was a wonderful trip.
Welcomed a new dog into the family, she's a hoot and attached to my husband!
Work is going great for both my husband & I.
Like many others, we had some pretty down times this year BUT we are counting our blessings and looking at the good while jettisoning the bad...it's that or wallow in it and the drama it produces, and who needs that? Not us.

Pretty darn great.

• got a promotion and a pay raise.
  • DH got a pay raise, too.
  • We all survived teaching ODD how to drive.
  • ODD got her driver's license.
  • ODD brought her GPA up.
  • Did an epically awesome week at WDW w/good friends celebrating milestone birthdays
  • survived all of us getting COVID
  • went to the Grand Canyon for the 1st and last time. Confirmed that I was right all along...and my kids never want to go again. THANK YOU, JESUS!
  • decorated the front yard for Xmas with a blow up rainbow Xmas tree and a parade of pink flamingoes with Santa hats. Reveled in the weird looks from passersby and waved at them while wearing my pajamas.
  • the bamboo in the backyard finally grew tall enough so Nosy Neighbor can't spy on us anymore.
  • YDD did really well in school.
  • ODD qualified for NHS.
  • survived taking ODD on 2 college tours, despite listening to complaints of "But WHY? WHY do we have to do this?" all the way there. :rotfl2:

Mediocre. It was all just 'meh.' I don't have much of a life here in the sticks, and I'm usually okay with the quiet and the sameness of my daily routine, but this year it made me restless. I hope for 2023 to be a bit less quiet... I'm thinking of going back to art. I see a lot of sites that sell artists' work as prints, and I think I could do that. We'll see.

I said Very Good, could have maybe gone with Awesome. Financially a very good year, everybody is healthy. DD24 finally broke up with boyfriend of 3.5 years and is now with someone that is in her words "a million times better" and we all agree. DD21 started dating her best guy friend who we also love, got to go to Ireland, graduated college with honors a year early, and got a full time job with benefits. Only problem is she's 275 miles away!

Good:
Went to Disneyland for a week with my best friend
Our studio was able to have performances again
My youngest finally became a reader
DH got a better job in May
Bad:
Many health issues in my family
Lots of struggles with my son's adhd
DH lost his job in March
Family and friends are going through a lot and use me as a venting/sounding board. I don't mind, but I hate I can't fix things for them.
My dog almost died

I’ve had better years. My son started the year with Covid in January. My husband fell on ice and tore his rotator cuff and bicep in February on his birthday. We are building a house and it’s taking forever. My son got Covid a second time in July. I got it in September. My husband got shingles in the fall and is still suffering with nerve pain. One of my best friends had a health scare. One relative was bugging us to sell him a piece of property. We took some measures to prepare for the sale and he backed out. Another relative wanted to buy our current house. They agreed to wait till our new house is finished. A few days ago they backed out. Now we have to prep to put both properties on the market. One more day….

I said, “I’d rather not say.” I hurt my shoulder in February and it has negatively affected my quality of life, but I hesitate to characterize a whole year by an unfortunate incident, yet. I can’t ignore what happened.

I’ve had some great highlights, including connecting with two early in life friends!

Life is GOOD!

A very mixed year for me.

Earlier in the year, one of my sisters passed away unexpectedly and it broke our hearts 💔 We are still grieving everyday 😞

We did have a wonderful summer vacation with extended family ❤️ Even with some grief for all of us. Very grateful to have been able to have time with family.

Later in the year, one of my children got married and it was an amazing day filled with so much love and joy ❤️
I tried very hard not to grieve the loss of my sister that day, but the grief crept in a bit for all of us.

We had a wonderful holiday season visiting many friends and relatives ❤️
Yet grief found its way in a bit too.

To all experiencing any grief, sadness, stress, or illness:
I hope for strength to deal with everything thrown at us and all the best in 2023.

I’m hoping 2023 brings good health and joy to all! ❤️

I marked it as a very good year. I avoided Covid, even when my husband got it. We went to WDW, Bar Harbor Maine and Door Couty, Wisconsin, some of those places more than once. And there weren't any disasters, knock on wood. :)

Highs and lows so maybe in the middle. My mother died in August of 2021 so for much of 2022 we were getting through that first year and figuring things out with my dad—still in our big childhood home with the big yard and prioritizing his medical issues which had somewhat been on the back burner with COVID and my mother’s decline. But he is reasonably healthy and figuring out what the rest of his life should look like.

Business was decent, but one of our commercial buildings had a bunch of random, expensive issues all in one year.

Kids are fine but somewhat unsettled. Oldest DD is set to graduate college but unsure about graduate school now or later. Middle DD is a freshman and not sure she picked the right school. Did great academically, but isn’t loving the where she is. Youngest DD had some set backs in the sport she loves, but also had some medical issues fully resolve which for me, supersedes everything else completely.

I picked Very Bad because we finally were able to get the construction loan to renovate my great grandparents home so that my husband and I could move in to it, but the contractor ran off with 90% of the money and only did the outside siding and windows. And strung us along all summer and into the fall before we found out he was not going to finish it. Now we are trying to finish just enough to get out from under the construction loan by Feb 2023.

Conditions at the job I had been at for more than 13years had deteriorated enough that I started seriously looking for something else. Thought I had found a good spot with a company that a couple of my other fellow employees had gone to and were happy at. Worked for 6weeks when they told me they hired me too soon and there was not enough work to keep me on. So lost my job a week before Christmas.

On the positive side, all of us in our household have still managed to avoid COVID. We are not all really healthy but we are not worse off than we were a year ago in that respect.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter