slo’s FRIDAY 2/17 poll - Garage or No Garage

Do you park you car in a garage or outside?

• Garage

Votes: 65 51.6%
  • Outside (uncovered)

Votes: 45 35.7%
  • Outside (under car port)

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • Garage & Outside - depends on the day

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • I don’t have a car

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 5 4.0%

• Total voters
2 car garage with 3 (or 4, when my older son is home from college) cars, so mine sits outside, mostly because it's the largest and wouldn't fit well in the garage with another car.

No garage. Two car garage, preferably attached, was first thing on the "what we want" list after #bedrooms and #bathrooms. Unfortunately, houses sell quickly around here, often before they hit the realtor listing services. After missing out on 5 houses we looked at the one we are in as soon as it hit the listing and put in a full offer while doing a walk-through. We got the house- but no garage. I HATE this in the winter!

We have a 2 car garage and both sit outside.

Have shelves on each side even hanging things from ceiling and still end up with stuff on the floor. Have 3 sets of tires , husbands tires are huge for the truck. Snowblower, bikes, work bench and tool cabinets. Have a stand up freezer out there.

We could fit one car very carefully in there but to much trouble .

I voted Other because we currently live in a condo and have spaces in the underground parkade, but basically it’s a YES to always parking in a garage. It’s been almost 30 years since we lived in a house without one. We did briefly live in a place that only had a single attached, which was a drag because whichever of us was leaving first in the morning had to park outside on the driveway (me 80% of the time).

We bought two titled parking spaces along with this condo. Our DS, who still lives at home, sometimes complains that in deep winter, we should take turns parking outside. :rotfl2:Yeah...that’ll happen when we take turns paying the mortgage.

We have a two car carport - my car is always in the carport with the motorcycle trailer that hasn't moved in 10 years. DH parks his car on in the driveway outside. Our truck is parked outside on the street. Basically, we don't park any of the vehicles in.

My wife usually parks in the attached garage, and I park on the driveway. It is a 2-car garage, but one side still has quite a few boxes we still have to go through from when we moved here a couple of years ago. We always say we'll get around to cleaning it out, but you know how that goes! I think it works out well though as our son is sometimes still asleep when I leave for work in the morning, and the garage door opening could wake him up.

I suppose my garage is a one car but the way it is laid out I’m not sure my Ford Fiesta would even fit. The furnace and ducting is on one side and a shelf is one the other. Plus it is manually opened so not very convenient to park a car in there. One of the many home projects is replace the garage door. When this happens, I may remove the shelf and get rid of junk so I can park in there.

My SUV and DS's car are outside and DH and DD's cars are in the garage. It's okay tho... love my remote starter. :)

We have a 1 car garage & 2 cars. My DH is fanatical about his car, so usually his is in the garage. When I say fanatical, I mean his cars are always immaculate. He’s known among family, neighbors & coworkers for how he cares for his cars. People have asked to buy his cars when he’s ready to sell or trade in because they know how well they’ve been cared for, lol. So even if he has to leave before me in the morning, he’ll park in the garage & swap the cars around himself in the morning. He does take good care of my car also, but his car is usually newer than mine & a nicer model. We’ve been in our house 38 years, back then we thought the houses with 2 car garages were too expensive for us. That‘s been one of the very few regrets we have about our life decisions. :laughing:

Most of the houses in our development have a 2 car garage. During the deep of winter, some people might put 1 car in the garage. But most of the year, the majority of cars are in driveways. What’s funny is almost everyone also has a shed. So snowblowers, lawn mowers, outdoor furniture etc are in the shed. Just more “stuff” in the garage. We’re a suburb south of Buffalo. Known for our snow…. 6 - 7 feet in some storms. I just don’t understand not parking in your garage. 🤷🏻‍♀️

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter