slo’s FRIDAY 2/9 poll - Super Bowl Party 🏈

Super Bowl Party - Are you hosting or attending one? Are you watching alone? (m.c.)

• I am hosting a party

Votes: 6 5.2%
  • I am attending a party - family’s house

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • I am attending a party - friend’s house

Votes: 3 2.6%
  • I am attending a party - at a restaurant or bar

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I am attending a party - at another place (please post where)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I’m watching alone

Votes: 6 5.2%
  • I’m watching with a family member

Votes: 54 47.0%
  • I’m watching with a friend

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • I’m not watching

Votes: 37 32.2%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 9 7.8%

• Total voters
We’re hosting a ”Super Bowl - Taylor’s Version” Party!

And we just finalized our menu:

Kansas City Chiefs BBQ Pork Sliders
Chicken Wings - [still need a cute Taylor Swift-themed name or maybe “Wing It & Fling It”]
Pizza Rolls - “Welcome to New York”
Sausage & Cheese Dip w/ Tortilla Chips - [still need a cute Taylor-Swift-themed name]

Stadium Set Up w/ Potato Chips (2 kinds), Tortilla Scoops, Popcorn, Pretzels, Carrots, Broccoli, Celery w/ Ranch Dip, Salsa, & Refried Beans/Cheese/Sour Cream

Cheddar Cheese, Pepperoni, & Ritz Crackers Board - “We Are Never Getting Back to Cheddar,” “It Was Enchanting to Meat You,“ & “Big Ritz-Putation”

Almonds - “Almond Too Well”

Strawberry Cupcakes - [still need a cute Taylor Swift-themed name, thinking something from “Lover”]
Eclairs - “Illicit Eclairs”
Milkshakes - “Shake It Off”
Twizzlers - “Red”

And Cookies to Go - “Getaway Carbs”

(The party guests will mainly be teenagers, so, unfortunately I can’t do “Champagne Problems.”)
Updated to add our names for the above unnamed dishes -

For the Chicken Wings, we’re having a discussion… either “Wing It & Fling It” OR “No Body - Just Wings” for the song, “No Body No Crime”

The Sausage & Cheese Dip w/ Tortilla Chips will be -

“My Chips Ricochet ‘cause Look What You Made Me Dip” (for the songs “My Tears Ricochet” & “Look What You Made Me Do”)

Strawberry Cupcakes will be “Cupcake Problems”(for the song “Champagne Problems”)

Aaaannnddd, I would LOVE to add some Pigs in Blankets & call them “Pigs in a Blank-et Space” for the song “Blank Space,” but my dear husband is telling me we have enough food.

I voted watching home with family member(s) but really I'm watching mostly the commercials and occasional half time show (depends on artist). I hate that it is on a Sunday night but I get it, the only way for host cities to get that extra income Sunday/Sunday night is a night game. All about the $$$$$.

When kids were younger we would let them make some decorations (one year DS#2 made a cheese head hat out of cardboard and paint) and we'd do some fun food in front of tv for dinner, maybe have grandparents come over but ............. I have no energy for it anymore.

Best quote I've seen is "I heard Taylor Swift's boyfriend is playing at an Usher concert!" :rotfl2:

We are going to a Super Bowl party at an in-law's house.... It should be fun, there will be fun because there will be food and I will drink wine. As far as the game goes, I don't like either team :rotfl2:

I may check the score from time to time on my phone but I won’t be watching…

I am working. Sad thing is, this is my weekend off. But one of the other nurses asked me to switch a shift with her and I wasn't thinking when I said yes. I am not a football fan but I do enjoy watching the Super Bowl. Mostly for the commercials, LOL but also for the party itself.

Yep, I’m a commercial watcher. Beats watching the game from my perspective. Most years of late I watch them on YouTube.

Maybe I’ll watch the halftime show this year because Usher is a fav of a niece who lived with us for a time.
Remember those 800/888 numbers you called to get your fav record played on TV? She ran up an exorbitant telephone bill looking to hear Usher. The consequence was no allowance for a really long time and it’s still the subject of much laughter at family get togethers.

Yes, I will be watching the game with family. DH, DD9, DS12, and MiL. We will have cheese steaks, wings, and other finger foods.

DH and I enjoy watching football, so I’ll probably watch the game more than the commercials, although I enjoy the creativity and work that goes into making them. We’re Eagles fans, so not sure who we’re cheering for. The house is divided :laughing:

I am 44, so listened to Usher in my teens & twenties. I’m excited to see his show, and hoping for a reunion with Ludacris & Lil Jon for their song Yeah! Might raise some eyebrows, but here is the video:

Also a Reba fan, so will make sure to catch the National Anthem!

So I posted up thread that I wasn’t going to watch. Guess what? I’m watching lol. My regular show won’t be on and I want to see commercials and I loved seeing Post”Posty”Malone and Reba.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter