slo’s FRIDAY 3/22 poll - Seafood Tacos 🌮

Seafood Tacos - What’s your opinion, what type do you like and where do you eat them? (m.c.)

• I like seafood tacos

Votes: 50 45.5%
  • I somewhat like seafood tacos

Votes: 10 9.1%
  • I do not like seafood tacos

Votes: 21 19.1%
  • No opinion - I’ve never tried seafood tacos

Votes: 17 15.5%
  • I like fish tacos

Votes: 55 50.0%
  • I like shrimp tacos

Votes: 47 42.7%
  • I like another type of seafood tacos

Votes: 8 7.3%
  • I eat them at a restaurant

Votes: 56 50.9%
  • I eat them at home

Votes: 30 27.3%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 5 4.5%

• Total voters
I think I would like seafood tacos, but the one time I ordered them there was too much cilantro. I like seafood, I like tacos, but I’ve never had a chance to order them since.

I have an avocado and this is tonight's dinner, care to share the recipe? More goodness will not ruin it ;)

I would love to try a home made spice combo that isn't drab, I try to keep my salt very low and the mixes are not that.
Honestly I just google, recipes are so similar. The spice mixes are usually chili powder, cumin, onion and garlic prefer, cayenne and salt (and I do have to watch sodium so prefer to make my own to control it).

This was a fun poll to read for me. I really like seafood. But, I live in Michigan and I will not eat seafood here. Gross. I don't care that you think it got shipped in yesterday; it didn't. It tastes weeks old. 🤢
But I love Florida! And when I go to Florida I eat seafood every single day sometimes multiple times a day!
We eat lots of fish tacos and shrimp tacos when we go to the Florida Keys. Many restaurants are famous for them there and they are really good!
We made them at home one time, with fish caught on vacation and shipped home. Very good! But not quite like fresh off the boat in Florida.

This was a fun poll to read for me. I really like seafood. But, I live in Michigan and I will not eat seafood here. Gross. I don't care that you think it got shipped in yesterday; it didn't. It tastes weeks old. 🤢
But I love Florida! And when I go to Florida I eat seafood every single day sometimes multiple times a day!
We eat lots of fish tacos and shrimp tacos when we go to the Florida Keys. Many restaurants are famous for them there and they are really good!
We made them at home one time, with fish caught on vacation and shipped home. Very good! But not quite like fresh off the boat in Florida.
Lake Superior Whitefish. Yum!

It may be geographic. Most fish tacos are made with cod or shrimp and they might be expensive ingredients in places far from the sea.
But it is interesting given how much healthier seafood is. American Heart Association recommends two seafood meals a week.
Not geographic for me. I can't stand the smell.

Not geographic for me. I can't stand the smell.
I can see that. Read an article on why so many grocery stores stopped making ground beef on site. The smell of the beef was offensive to the butchers!

I love seafood tacos. I make shrimp ones at home, but since I prefer the fish ones to be battered and deep fried, it's mostly a restaurant/food truck food for me. I do some deep frying at home, but try to limit it.

My daughter's best friend makes weeknight fish tacos using premade tortillas, Costco's Trident Ultimate Fish Sticks, bagged shredded coleslaw mix, cilantro, and some sort of sauce she makes. They're pretty good considering how quick they are.

I make tacos at home time to time but never used seafood. I think maybe it's because seafood is just cooked for it's own place on the plate and not going to hide it in a taco. DH orders shrimp tacos at restaurants. I'm not a big fan of that cuisine, normally find it grossly overpriced, but if I order anything it would likely be a burrito with solid fillings. Last time we went out for that cuisine I didn't eat. Going again Sunday not sure if I will eat before we go.

My favorite is a spot in FL that has burrito stuffed with shrimp, steak, chicken. I don't want any of the sides other than guac.

I don’t eat meat - including seafood and poultry. I made some great black bean tacos this week.

I have eaten fish tacos in Florida a couple of times. I think the last time was Margaritaville at Universal. I don't make them at home.

We eat a lot of fish and shrimp tacos in our family. I have made them. I mix malt vinegar, like they serve with fish and chips, with either some mayo or sour cream to get a white sauce to drizzle over. Then just other stuff like cabbage and salsa. Mostly green salsa.

Since it’s Friday during Lent and many of us don’t eat meat today, I thought it’d be a good time to discuss seafood tacos. Tell us…..

What is your opinion of seafood tacos?
Do you like fish, shrimp or something else?
Do you make them or only order in a restaurant?
(multiple choice)

For Me…..I love shrimp tacos and I only eat them when I’m in Florida at a restaurant. One day I need to make them at home. I’ve never had fish tacos - one day I need to make those too.

View attachment 844141
Grilled Shrimp tacos or beer battered cod tacos are my favorite kinds.

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/53729/fish-tacos/

Love seafood and love all kinds of different seafood taco variations. I pretty much only eat them at restaurants though. I struggle in the kitchen.

I am a seafood fan so would be open to various seafood tacos. I know I have had fish tacos that I thought were very good.

I just can't... it's a psychological thing with me. I am not really a seafood an, and the thought of making a taco out of anything that dwelled in water just bothers me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter