slo’s FRIDAY 4/12 poll - Golfing 🏌🏻🏌🏻‍♀️

Golfing - Are you a golfer and how long have you been golfing? (m.c.)

• I am a golfer

Votes: 7 7.8%
  • I used to be a golfer

Votes: 9 10.0%
  • I am not a golfer

Votes: 71 78.9%
  • I’m a male

Votes: 15 16.7%
  • I’m a female

Votes: 66 73.3%
  • I started golfing when I was under 20yrs old

Votes: 8 8.9%
  • I started golfing in my 20s or 30s

• I started golfing in my 40s or 50s

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • I started golfing in my 60s or older

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other - please post your answer

• Total voters
I will play mini-golf or TopGolf or something like that, but actaul Golf? Nah. I agree with Mark Twain on that - "A good walk, ruined."

My work had a golf league about 30 years ago and I tried it. My coworkers would go to the driving range to practice with me, but I never really developed a good swing. I haven’t golfed since. I do love putt-putt, though.

Not a golfer, and no desire to become one.

I have been mini golfing a few times and went to Top Golf once as part of a work outing -- and those were fun -- but I have no desire to play a full round of golf. (My husband doesn't golf either so that works out.)

Avid golfer, started when I was in high school and try to play 2-3 times a week, especially now that we're empty nesters. The whole family plays a little bit and we've all played together occasionally, on vacation as well as at home. Still not very good, but always trying to improve.

Not a golfer. My DH golfed in his teens and maybe his 20’s a bit. Said it was too expensive. I had a great aunt who took up golfing after she retired. It was social for her and something her husband loved. They took many golf centered vacations and eventually moved to Arizona to live in a golfing community. I told my DH I might be interested in trying it out once we retire. I think we are going to need something to do. I like that it keeps you active, is social and that it’s outside. We’ll see. Incidentally, my aunt lived to be 97 and her husband was in his late 80’s when he passed away. Not saying it was all golf, but I think the activity and social connections may have helped and definitely gave them a lot of enjoyment in their retirement years.

I usually play miniature golf once per summer and as an older teen I played pitch and putt once. I’ve been to a driving range a few times.

As for real golf, never.

DH has a set of clubs and used to go, but hasn’t in years. We stayed at a campground once that had a 9-hole course and it was free for campers so I went with him. It was kind of fun but not something I really want to pursue.

I love miniature golf though😁

The Masters Tournament is on this weekend, and many of us may be watching it to see who gets that coveted green jacket. But this poll is not about The Masters, it’s about golfing. The Masters is just what inspired this poll. So with Spring here and the weather getting warmer for many of us, let us know…..

Are you a golfer?
How long have you been golfing?
(m.c.)

For Me……I am not a golfer, but I’d like to be. I always said that I would like to take golf lessons after my DD20’s softball career ends, and now that the end is near, I’m not sure what I will do. I still would love to learn, but I really want to travel more too. I also would like to learn how to scuba dive. There’s only so much money and time, so I need to decide what’s most important to me and I’m thinking the travel will win - there’s so many places my DH and I want to see. We’ll see what the future holds.
View attachment 850781

Just an FYI on Olympic golf if you were interested @slo .

https://olympics.com/en/news/golf-rankings-the-race-for-paris-2024-olympic-qualifying

https://olympics.com/en/paris-2024/venues/le-golf-national

Not a golfer. I did golf as a kid and teen with my folks (mom and dad loved golfing) or friends once in awhile. I was in a work golf group in my late 20's, early 30's. But after that, none.

1712934733658.png

• Love
Reactions: slo
Big golf fan here! Been playing since I was in my twenties. Now retired but working a couple of days a week at the local course, partly because I get free golf. Wife doesn't play, but worked in the golf industry for a number of years. We both have volunteered at PGA Tour events for many years.
Yes, I'll be glued to the TV this weekend!

• Love
Reactions: GAN
Tried golfing several times. Hate it. It's a sport for grumpy old men in my opinion. I'd rather do anything else.

• Wow
Reactions: GAN
Outdoors, fresh air, sunshine? Hard pass. :teeth: I could meet you at the clubhouse for a beer and some nachos!

Not a golfer. My dad was a golfer, I used to sometimes watch on TV with him. Since he passed away I used to watch the US Open on Father's Day weekend in his memory, but now that they've gone to the Saudi money I am done watching.

I golf 3 or more times a week. Started playing in high school.

I like going to play when traveling, I like to go see the pro's play tournaments.

I went to the Masters one day this week, will watch on TV the rest of the weekend.

Last edited:
I checked off used to be a golfer and started under 20 years old. When I was younger I used to golf here and there with my friends that golfed. I didn’t like it enough that I would go every week like my friends did but enough that I didn’t mind going once in a while. As I got older golf became part of my job description so I used to play here and there with friends to keep the rust off and in customers tournaments and fundraisers. Haven’t played since I retired and don’t plan to.

DW retired and tried golf. To her surprise, she discovered she loved it (she's a big hitter!). She had me buy a set of used clubs and I'll go out with her on pitch and putt courses and try not to embarrass myself too badly. But I wouldn't say I'm a golfer, at least not yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter