• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

slo’s FRIDAY 5/19 poll - Milkshakes

Milkshakes - How often do you drink them and Do you like them with or without a meal?

• I drink them often

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • I drink them once in awhile

Votes: 32 24.8%
  • I drink them rarely

Votes: 79 61.2%
  • I never drink them

Votes: 10 7.8%
  • I like them with a meal only

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • I like them alone only

Votes: 39 30.2%
  • I like them with a meal and alone - depends on my mood

Votes: 31 24.0%
  • I like them with a meal and alone - depends on where I’m getting the shake from

Votes: 20 15.5%
  • I’ve never drank a milkshake

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 2 1.6%

• Total voters
we ate at the new Portillo’s in town
Geeesh, you guys get Lou Malnati's, and now more Portillo's. Next thing ya know, you'll be getting a Chicago Superdawg, Garrett's Popcorn, Home Run Inn or Buona Beef there in Indiana. For the record, Marie and I did eat at a Bouna yesterday.

Milkshakes? I do like them, a lot. But have maybe one a year or less. Never with a meal, but rather a treat.

I can remember back with 20 cent McD's milkshakes and drug store soda fountain 25 cent milkshakes, 30 cent malted milkshakes.

I bet you guys are over the moon with Katie home again. Enjoy your upcoming WDW trip and summer with her. Have a great weekend, thanks for another great week of @slo polls.

• Haha
Reactions: slo
We love milk shakes in our family, especially when my husband makes his very special chocolate shakes. He uses vanilla ice cream, Chocolate Nesquik, Hershey's Chocolate Syrup, and whole milk. We'll be having them soon to celebrate the end of the school year.

I don't drink them often, but I do like them. I normally would not get them with a meal... but I have had that portillo's chocolate cake shake that you mentioned. (My family split one... and I was like "i don't get it. This is a vanilla milkshake." Apparently I just never got any cake pieces! But over all, I'd rather just have normal ice cream.

I have one a year, usually coffee flavored. Has to be alone as the "meal" because they're heavy. I like them a lot, but I'm fat and lactose intolerant, so it's a poor meal choice for me. Fancy coffee is the same way--I have a milkshake in the summer, and a pumpkin spice latte (or other such fru fru coffee) once a winter.

I have a similar milkshake and fancy coffee intake. One peppermint mocha at the beginning of the holiday season, one strawberry Fribble from Friendly's once a summer. I'm really picky about milkshakes. I do love ice cream, but a milkshake only happens when it's the right milkshake and I'm in the right mood for it.

I only get them from one place by me, Shady Glen. They make their own ice cream and anything with their ice cream in it is amazing. They were featured on food network but for their cheeseburgers.

View attachment 761619
Ohhh, my goodness, I was born and raised in your neck of the woods! I haven't had Shady Glen in over 20 years, but nothing compares. This picture took me right back. Next time I visit the area, I might have to stop in. My childhood dentist was near the stand-alone one (I remember two locations, the other in the plaza in the area of the Parkade movie theater, I think, not even sure if that's there anymore... maybe there were more locations?) Probably not a good idea, but our after-dentist treat was a cone from Shady Glen.

I love milkshakes, but only drink maybe 2-3 a year. I'm lactose intolerant and I just can't justify the calories (hide the calories from me and I'm more likely to get one lol). I almost always get a Shamrock Shake in early March, then there's a local burger place that has orange cream and key lime shakes in the summer, I'll usually get one or the other.
We frequent Portillo's and I am not a fan of the cake shakes, I do love their strawberry shortcake though!

Three things:

1. I don't have milkshakes often. But I do enjoy them when I have them.
2. I need to get over to @kymom99 area and try Nomad they have boozy shakes that look IN.CRED.I.BLE!!
Screenshot 2023-05-19 at 11.11.19 PM.png\\
3. Ever since I read the title of the thread this morning I have had Kelis' Milkshake song in my head. Definite earworm!

I really like chocolate malts but diabetes changed everything.
I probably splurge on a shake twice a year, usually at an amusement park
where I'm doing a lot of walking.

I don't drink milkshakes. I have no really deep reason for not drinking them. It is just that I do not seek them out. I honestly cannot remember the last time I had one.

Geeesh, you guys get Lou Malnati's, and now more Portillo's. Next thing ya know, you'll be getting a Chicago Superdawg, Garrett's Popcorn, Home Run Inn or Buona Beef there in Indiana. For the record, Marie and I did eat at a Bouna yesterday.

Milkshakes? I do like them, a lot. But have maybe one a year or less. Never with a meal, but rather a treat.

I can remember back with 20 cent McD's milkshakes and drug store soda fountain 25 cent milkshakes, 30 cent malted milkshakes.

I bet you guys are over the moon with Katie home again. Enjoy your upcoming WDW trip and summer with her. Have a great weekend, thanks for another great week of @slo polls.
LOL!
We have a Bouna by us too, but we’ve never ate there.
Actually….we never ordered a pizza from The Lou Malnati’s either. I always wanted to, but I never think of it,

Thank you for the well wishes….We are very happy to have Katie home - I’ve missed her here so much. We have 16 more days until our trip - we can hardly wait.

Thank you for the thank you for the polls :goodvibes
Have a nice weekend 😎☀️

Three things:

1. I don't have milkshakes often. But I do enjoy them when I have them.
2. I need to get over to @kymom99 area and try Nomad they have boozy shakes that look IN.CRED.I.BLE!!
View attachment 761669\\
3. Ever since I read the title of the thread this morning I have had Kelis' Milkshake song in my head. Definite earworm!
1. Same

2. Not tried it yet but want to soon. I had a boozy shake on a carnival cruise. OMG!

3. Yes to that song!

I only have a McDonalds Shamrock Shake, about once every year or two when I happen to remember around St. Patty's Day. And no whipped cream.

1024px-Shamrock_Shake_%286890328058%29.jpg

Once or twice per summer. It has to be real, made to order with milk and real ice cream. Nothing pre-made dispensed from a machine or with “frozen dairy dessert product.”

And it has to be plain and simple. No cookies or brownies or M&M’s sticking out the top.

Yuck!! :crazy2:
I could have written this- except I don't think I have even one a year. They are too filling for me. However, if I'm drinking a milkshake I want it made with real milk and real ice cream- none of these "from the machine" things. No candy or stuff in my milkshakes, and nothing on top- not even whipped cream!

PS- I should note that technically, according to my New England upbringing, a milkshake should have only milk and syrup in it, shaken up til frothy. If you add ice cream to that, it's a frappe. :duck:

Imzadi, I have never liked whipped cream (or nuts or cherries)! I would always request a no topping other than of course, at times, hot fudge or Oreo cookies, on any dessert. To you, my friend, and others who do still enjoy delectable dessert treats, may you each enjoy a favorite treat soon to come🍨

I love a good chocolate malt or strawberry milkshake. I had a delicious chocolate peanut butter one at Toothsome in Universal but it’s not on the many anymore

Milkshakes were the only thing I ever liked about being pregnant. I could have as many as I wanted and it was wonderful. (I always lost weight when I was pregnant, so milkshakes were the antidote.)

Normally, while I like them, they are too high-calorie, so treats only.

I don’t care for milkshakes. Same as @slo, sometimes I forget that, order one and waste it.
Every so often we’ll make root beer floats and it’s the opposite — I always forget how much I really enjoy those. More refreshing.

Reactions: slo
I don’t care for milkshakes. Same as @slo, sometimes I forget that, order one and waste it.
Every so often we’ll make root beer floats and it’s the opposite — I always forget how much I really enjoy those. More refreshing.
I love root beer floats too - my grandma used to make them for me - great memories for me :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter