slo’s FRIDAY 6/23 poll - Concerts

Concerts - When was your last one, how big was it, was it indoor or outdoor? (M.C.)

• This year, 2023

Votes: 14 14.6%
  • Last year 2022

Votes: 21 21.9%
  • 2021 or 2020 (COVID years)

Votes: 5 5.2%
  • 2019 or before that

Votes: 53 55.2%
  • It was a large concert

Votes: 44 45.8%
  • It was a smaller concert

Votes: 27 28.1%
  • It was indoors

Votes: 45 46.9%
  • It was outdoors

Votes: 36 37.5%
  • I’ve never been to a concert

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 2 2.1%

• Total voters
Last concert was Genesis in 2021 (yes wearing masks) TD Garden in Boston 3rd time seeing them, paid about $135 for each ticket. Originally saw them back in 1987, probably less than 20 dollars each.

If you are referring to music groups that are nationally known, my most recent one was Nitty Gritty Dirt Band band last summer.

Rolling Stones ❤️❤️❤️ 2021
I paid I know over $300 - inside wearing mask - tickets purchased precovid concert postponed for months and months
Before that Sting ❤️❤️ I’d pay sky’s the limit for this man !! Seen him several times !
Worth every penny YMMV
Otherwise I really am done doing concerts bern there saw them not worth it unless I’m at Disney to see Big Bad Voodoo Daddy ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ so worth it to see them for every show !!!
You may already know, but Sting is touring this fall.

I think Zac Brown Band last fall was the last concert we went to. There haven't been anything going on this year yet. We are going to see Peter Frampton this coming Sunday. Will be the 3rd or 4th time we've seen him.
Wow! Peter Frampton is still touring? He was really big my freshman year of HS, so 1976?

Guess I shouldn't really be surprised, my fav Mark Knopfler is the same age. I didn't know Peter was putting out new music though.

Last concert was Paul McCartney at Fenway Park in 2016. It completed my seeing all the Beatles as I’d seen the others in concert in earlier (hint:much younger) years! I believe it also put me in select company as seeing a baseball, football and hockey game along with a concert at Fenway Park!!

As a side note @slo, I’d never heard of Morgan Wallen until recently when my 6 year old granddaughter asked me to play Up Down on my phone in the car. Her and her 4 year old sister know all the words as do I now🤣

• Haha
Reactions: slo
The last concert I went to was in December. It was a smaller concert and my husband and I were literally the only people wearing masks. The nice thing was that no one was giving us a second glance for it.

I do find it funny when some rock band popular in the 1980's starts touring again and most of the original members are either senior citizens or have been replaced by other musicians. While some might enjoy the nostalgia of what used to be, the songs don't sound anything like the originals.

As a side note @slo, I’d never heard of Morgan Wallen until recently when my 6 year old granddaughter asked me to play Up Down on my phone in the car. Her and her 4 year old sister know all the words as do I now🤣
I only know of Morgan Wallen because of his controversies. I am NOT a country music fan.
I do find it funny when some rock band popular in the 1980's starts touring again and most of the original members are either senior citizens or have been replaced by other musicians. While some might enjoy the nostalgia of what used to be, the songs don't sound anything like the originals.
I have tickets for Clannad in Sept, members are probably in their 70's-80's. Farewell tour, delayed by Covid. God Irish music. Looking forward to it!

Last edited:
You may already know, but Sting is touring this fall.
NO I hadn’t heard that ! OMG saving my 💰💰💰💰💰💰💰 In case he doesn’t come to me I’ll have to go to him !! I so wanted to catch him with Shaggy but they only did one show and I couldn’t make it !
Thank You for letting me know he puts on such a great show !!! He’s so talented he could sing me the phone book !! 🤣🤣❤️❤️❤️ YMMV

Taylor is coming to Europe next year and I have pre registered and I am getting ready for the online queue next month. It is worse than ADRs!
My older daughters keep talking about going to an international Taylor Swift show. They want floor seats and heard that they are much cheaper outside of the US. They decided to check out Brazil and then realized how expensive the plane tickets would be. So for now they have shelved that idea.

2018, maybe? The two most recent concerts we went to was to see The Eagles with James Taylor as 'warm up" in Washington DC, and Paul McCartney at Madison Square Garden. Paul is my Beatle, and seeing him in concert was at the top of my bucket list. DD knew this, and knows I'm too frugal to spend $350 on meh seats, so she bought me the tickets for Mother's Day! It was worth every penny- love that girl!

2018, maybe? The two most recent concerts we went to was to see The Eagles with James Taylor as 'warm up" in Washington DC, and Paul McCartney at Madison Square Garden. Paul is my Beatle, and seeing him in concert was at the top of my bucket list. DD knew this, and knows I'm too frugal to spend $350 on meh seats, so she bought me the tickets for Mother's Day! It was worth every penny- love that girl!
Love Paul! Have had the pleasure and fortune of seeing him 3 times in concert.

According to FB memories, it was 9 years ago today when I attended the American Idol Live! concert. They kicked off the tour that year at the hockey arena in Binghamton, NY. We splurged for seats on the floor.

I was there on Saturday. We live nearby so no hotel and DH does some contract work for a company that’s a couple of blocks on the other side of PNC park so we were able to use their lot for free with his swipe card. The walk is long when you’re tired, but free is free.

Oldest DD also went Saturday night (she had better seats), but went to the Point (just outside the stadium) Friday night to hear the surprise songs. It was her birthday so she and her friends were out celebrating and ended up there.

I am no where near the fan that my kids are, but I do enjoy her music. We went to see her twice before and the first time was the kids first concert so it was a little nostalgic.

The whole thing was a lot though. Kids were ordering dresses/boots/glitter off Amazon, running to the mall, trying everything on, coordinating food/drinks etc. I was prepping food and baking Friday night. It felt like a holiday. We left the house at 11:15 AM Saturday morning and got home at 1 AM. I was exhausted. Glad we went, but glad it’s over.
Yes, an exhausting weekend. The hotel we were at was on Smallman St. and we walked back after the concert, a little over 2 miles. We took Lyft to the concert. Our kids dressed up, but wore comfortable shoes 😀. I didn’t think to book a hotel until hours after I bought the tickets and by then, there weren’t many hotels left with two beds.

The majority of concert goers were dressed up in some way. Either sparkly dresses and shoes or some kind of tshirt. Everyone seemed to be having a great time and she put on a great show.

What a wonderful birthday celebration for your daughter!

November 2019: Cher at Madison Square Garden.

March 1, 2020, the first known Covid case was diagnosed on the east coast, just above NYC. I think many of us were staring at a map :magnify: wondering how far that first case was to the the arena in Brooklyn where were praying we'd get to see Celine before they shut down the city as cases started piling up. 🙏 Five days later we did get to see her. It was one of the best nights of my life as she had us sing along with her during many songs.
Choir2.gif

(It was probably a COVID super-spreader event as it was already around beyond that diagnosed case. :duck: )

That concert then had to last me three years through the pandemic before I got to see another live performance of any kind.

We're seeing Queen with Adam Lambert in October at Madison Square Garden. :woohoo:

Last edited:

and yet, I would rather pay for that than to see the crappy music that “artists” put out today.

My last concert was BulletBoys, Faster Pussycat, and Great White at a small club up the street back around 2013? It was a good show, but weird as it was so an all ages show and there were some kids there that couldn’t have been more than 8-9 years old. Faster Pussycat is on the raunchier side and the parents had the kids front and center during their set. It was so awkward and hard to get into the music with little kids right there.

November 2019: Cher at Madison Square Garden.

March 1, 2020, the first known Covid case was diagnosed on the east coast, just above NYC. I think many of us were staring at a map :magnify: wondering how far that first case was to the the arena in Brooklyn where were praying we'd get to see Celine before they shut down the city as cases started piling up. 🙏 Five days later we did get to see her. It was one of the best nights of my life as she had us sing along with her during many songs.
Choir2.gif

(It was probably a COVID super-spreader event as it was already around beyond that diagnosed case. :duck: )

That concert then had to last me three years through the pandemic before I got to see another live performance of any kind.

We're seeing Queen with Adam Lambert in October at Madison Square Garden. :woohoo:
We saw Queen with Adam Lambert in Detroit years ago (I think 2019) and it’s a great concert. Adam has a strong voice and we really enjoyed it. I hope you have a great time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter