slo’s FRIDAY poll - Liquid Fabric Softener

Liquid Fabric Softener - Do you use it and how often?

• I use it with every load

Votes: 11 11.0%
  • I use it with certain loads

Votes: 20 20.0%
  • I use it whenever I remember to use it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I use it whenever I remember to buy it

• I use it whenever I have a coupon for it or it’s on sale

• I do not use it - I use something else

Votes: 26 26.0%
  • I do not use it - I don’t like it

Votes: 15 15.0%
  • I do not use it - it’s not in my budget to buy it

• I do not use it - no reason - I just don’t

Votes: 16 16.0%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 12 12.0%

• Total voters
I'm the same as slo. I use dryer sheets. I always go for the lavender smelling sheets....or something fun like that.

I used to use it all the time as I loved the feeling of it on cloth. It turns out that it aggravates my husband's eczema so we can't use it.

I saw quite a few posters say they use vinegar, and I’d actually heard of that before for towels, but I was always afraid to try it because I don’t like the smell. Can you really not smell it at all?

I've never noticed a smell. I don't use vinegar on my regular laundry, but eons ago when my kids were in diapers, I had the whitest cloth diapers imaginable: borax in the diaper bucket, spin first then wash with Dreft or similar, vinegar in the rinse, then line dry. Between the borax, vinegar, and the sun's bleaching power, the diapers were pure white, wheras if I'd used Clorox type bleach, they would have yellowed. I was so oddly proud of those diapers.

We started using the wool dryer balls and I really like them. We have a box of dryer sheets that we might use every now and then.

I use Kirkland (Costco) liquid on everything except microfiber cleaning rags. I also use wool dryer balls to speed up drying time. Helps on bulky items.

I use FS and dryer sheets in most loads. I don’t use FS when I wash the water proof mattress covers from our beds. I’ve heard it causes the covers to become less water resistant.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter