slo’s FRIDAY poll - Milkshakes

Milkshakes - Do you drink them & what kind? (Multiple choice)

• Yes - often

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Yes - Sometimes

Votes: 12 11.5%
  • Yes - Rarely

Votes: 67 64.4%
  • No

Votes: 15 14.4%
  • Chocolate

Votes: 42 40.4%
  • Vanilla

Votes: 17 16.3%
  • Strawberry

Votes: 11 10.6%
  • Specialty (like Oreo or chocolate chip) - please post what

Votes: 28 26.9%
  • I’ve never tried a milkshake

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 4 3.8%

• Total voters
When Steak & Shake was across the streak I might try some of their special monthly flavors - egg nog, minty whatever. Since they're not in the close locations anymore I don't otherwise 1 Shamrock Shake for the year. If Disney has ones in their festivals, I'd consider one of those more than anywhere else though - any of the boosy shakes but the maple or baileys would be the chosen ones.

I drink them all the time. I love ice cream in any form and have some every single night. Granted most of the time it's sugar free but still, it's ice cream. Last week I had a peppermint shake from Chick-Fil-A for supper two nights (that was all I had just the shake) and I've had one this week. I love me some Chick-Fil-A shakes. I usually get whatever special they have going, peach in the summer, peppermint at Christmas and then cookies and cream the rest of the time. In a shake emergency I'll get salted caramel from Dairy Queen.

I will occasionally get an order of fries and a chocolate milkshake. I'll then dip the fries in the milkshake and eat them. There's just something about the mix of salty fries and sweet chocolate.

Before McDonald's started putting whipped cream on their shakes, I would get a large shake that was half chocolate and have Shamrock. Mmmmmmm.....mint chocolate shake!

I LOVE them. Super, creamy and rich. Too much sugar and carbs for me though. Hubby will get them once in awhile and I'll have a couple of sips or 3. Chick-fil-A peach one during the summer is yummy.

I'm very particular about my milkshakes.
I don't like anything that's "frosty" in consistency.
I want to be able to actually drink it.
Pretty much the only place I'll get a milkshake from is this one local place that is only open the first week of March to the first week of October.
I always get chocolate peanut butter.
During the summer we'll get a milkshake at least once per week and often will pair it with something to make dinner. Oddly enough that usually ends up being broccoli cheese soup from Panera. During the winter when we are struggling to come up with dinner we often think darn why does the milkshake place have to be closed!

I drink them but rarely maybe a couple of times a year. It is usually more of a on vacation or at a restaurant which has interesting ones. Probably had them a couple more times this year as both my daughters had teeth extractions( one for wisdom teeth and the ortho related). Both times we had milkshakes

I very rarely drink milkshakes, but when I do it needs to be a chocolate malted. One of my favorite burger joints in Top Notch Beefburgers on 95th street in Chicago. I always get a chocolate malt with my burger.

I drink one - maybe once a year. My husband gets them though and I almost always have a taste!

I don’t get them too often. At home usually chocolate or peanut butter. I’m out of town and I just had the most amazing root beer shake from Swensons last night! If I lived here I’d get those all the time.

Last edited:
I can't even remember the last time I had a milkshake. They are good, but on the short "permanently banned" list. 😥

I remember, back when a kid, the drug store in town had a small soda/ice cream fountain. A shake, made with real ice cream, 3 scoops, milk and syrup, mixed with a Multimixer (Ray Kroc sold Multimixers before he bought out the McDonald brothers in 1955) in a steel container, cost 25¢. The container gave you a full 2 glasses of drink. A malt was 30¢. A Coke, mixed with Coke syrup and carbonated water, was 5 cents.

McDonald's shakes originally cost 20 cents. I recall telling my grandkids that I used to be able to buy a McD's hamburger (15¢), fries (10¢) and shake (20¢) plus 2¢ tax. Give the Mc'D person 2 quarters, get 3¢ change back.

I voted rarely and specialty flavor. About once or twice a year I will order the Peppermint Chocolate milkshake at Chick Fil A. I LOVE them but the milk fat upsets my tummy so I can only handle having one very occasionally.

I remember, back when a kid, the drug store in town had a small soda/ice cream fountain. A shake, made with real ice cream, 3 scoops, milk and syrup, mixed with a Multimixer (Ray Kroc sold Multimixers before he bought out the McDonald brothers in 1955) in a steel container, cost 25¢. The container gave you a full 2 glasses of drink. A malt was 30¢. A Coke, mixed with Coke syrup and carbonated water, was 5 cents.

McDonald's shakes originally cost 20 cents. I recall telling my grandkids that I used to be able to buy a McD's hamburger (15¢), fries (10¢) and shake (20¢) plus 2¢ tax. Give the Mc'D person 2 quarters, get 3¢ change back.

View attachment 629404
:goodvibes Interesting that the shake used to cost more than the food. It's sure not that way here now. A Big Mac is about $7 bucks and a medium shake is about $3.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter