slo’s MONDAY 10/30 poll - Hocus Pocus

Hocus Pocus - Have you seen it/them and what’s your opinion? (m.c.)

• I have watched Hocus Pocus

Votes: 69 70.4%
  • I have watched Hocus Pocus 2

Votes: 30 30.6%
  • I have not seen them

Votes: 23 23.5%
  • I love one or both ❤️

Votes: 22 22.4%
  • I like one or both 🙂👍🏻

Votes: 17 17.3%
  • I think one or both are just ok 😐

Votes: 18 18.4%
  • I’ll watch one or both if I have to 😶

Votes: 4 4.1%
  • I do not like one or both 🙁👎🏻

Votes: 10 10.2%
  • I’ve never heard of Hocus Pocus

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters
I remember watching it when I was younger, although I can say in all honestly it's just not held up for me.

So I’ve watched most of the first one. Meh it was ok. I have not seen the second and much of it was filmed where I live.

🎃 🖤 🎃 1698672227730.png 🎃 🖤 🎃

I love Hocus Pocus, and re-watch it every year!! (I count myself especially lucky if I can catch the Pop 'n Knowledge version on Freeform. - The little pop-up trivia and funny comments are great!)

I saw the new one last year and liked it fine. I'd watch it again, but I don't count it as "necessary viewing every Halloween" like I do the first one.

i honestly don’t understand how it became a cult classic. It was a flop when it came out.
I think it was a flop because they released it in July (so as not to compete with their own Nightmare Before Christmas in October). I think the cult classic status came when it was on TV a lot back when "13 nights of Halloween" (now I think it's 31) became a thing. - It was one of the more family-friendly options, so it got a lot of airtime. And there a lot of really quotable lines!

P.S. - If anyone here is super into the movie, we used it as theme for the October exercise thread over on the WISH board last year. If you scroll through it -
here - you'll find some trivia, YouTube analysis, etc.

I saw the original, but it just didn’t do anything for me. I haven’t watched it again, and have no interest in the second movie.

Finally watched the first one on a rainy Aug day in Disney, 2017. It was fine and fun, glad to have watched, but haven't watched again. haven't seen the second one.

My now 33 year old daughter absolutely loved this movie when she was younger and we have watched it numerous times over the years. I do consider it a classic movie which the entire family can enjoy.
I've seen #2. I was happy all the Sanderson sisters were able to be in the movie, but #1 reigns!!!!

Hey, neighbor! I grew up in Peabody and the first thing I did when I moved out of my mom's home was to get an apartment in Salem, on Jefferson Ave! I went to Salem State part time and also worked at Major Magleashe's for 4 years!
No way that's awesome! Hey neighbor!

Always loved the movie, haven't seen the second movie but the decorations in the stores don't grab me. It is fun but a bit too silly while also not cute so I never embraced it like I did Casper and Harry Potter. I wish Disney had turned up the volume on Haunted Mansion merchandise instead. I would love some of the Haunted Mansion's amusing ghosts in Jack- o- lantern, this year I was thrilled to find a HM garden flag at Lowes. The Hocus Pocus stuff is very resistible.

I’ve never seen the original movie or the sequel, but it looks cute. Probably should watch it someday. There’s a house in my neighborhood that I drive past every day that has a giant inflatable lawn decoration of the three witches, LOL.

I have seen the first one many, many times, as it was, and still is, a favorite for my daughter. I haven’t seen the second one yet though.

I even gave her a hocus pocus t shirt for Halloween this year.

I finally saw the first one a few years ago and watched the second when it came out but to me they are ok not something I want to watch every year.

I got laid off the day after I watched Hocus Pocus for the first time ever. I have no plans to watch it ever again.

Saw the first one, and have seen bits and pieces of it over the past two weeks.
Haven't seen the second one. Not a fan of sequels,, They never are as good as the first, Star Wars being the best example of fhat.:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P

Not at all a fan of Halloween. I do not like to be frightened. I cannot watch any horror movies and I really don't get the appeal. I like Halloween for silly children's costumes and candy but that's it. I'm sure I saw the original movie when it first came out but I have no interest in rewatching it or seeing a sequel.

Just don't understand why the writers chose the "virginity" storyline. Weird and awkward for a children's movie.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter