slo’s MONDAY 11/21 poll - Guest, Host or Neither

Thanksgiving Day/Meal - Are you a host, guest or neither?

• I’m a Host

Votes: 37 30.1%
  • I’m a Guest

Votes: 35 28.5%
  • Both - One meal I’m a Host and another meal on a different day I’m a Guest

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • Neither - We go out for dinner on Thanksgiving

Votes: 3 2.4%
  • Neither - We eat Thanksgiving dinner with only those that live in our home

Votes: 26 21.1%
  • Neither - I/we don’t celebrate Thanksgiving

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Neither - I stay by myself for Thanksgiving

• Neither - I’m out of town this year

• Neither - I do something else for Thanksgiving - please post what

• Other - please post your answer

Votes: 4 3.3%

• Total voters

slo

My tag used to say - I'm a Tonga Toast Junkie 😁
🦃🍁 HAPPY THANKSGIVING WEEK DIS FRIENDS!! 🍁🦃
Thanksgiving Themed Polls All Week

*To our Canadian DIS friends….please answer like it‘s October 10th (Canada’s Thanksgiving for those that don’t know)
*To our other DIS friends from other countries, please answer the best you can.

For Thanksgiving 2022, are you a Host, a Guest or Neither?

For Me….I’m a Host - we have every holiday at our house.
The moment we bought a house with a dining room 18 years ago, is the moment we started having every holiday. I’m looking forward to when DD19 buys a house with a dining room so she can start having the holidays so I can be a guest - yes, I’m looking at you 👀 @piglet1805 :lmao:
64D20100-EDA8-47C4-B054-253B481E3D0C.png

I'm a guest.
I passed it to DS and DIL when we moved here, 12 years ago. (So it can happen, slo ::yes:: )

I will bring some dishes though. I have mashed potatoes, gravy, sweet potatoes, cranberry salad and pumpkin muffins. They are really not into cooking.

We are having a brunch her with my adult kids, grandson, and mother inlaw. Then, we are going to my sister's for dinner ( mil is going to my sis in law). I am bringing all the pop, eer and liquor, green beans, jello, fruit tray, and two desserts.

I voted other….. We are renting a house near our DD. She just had a baby on the 17th. So we are making dinner at the rental. In hind sight this was kind of a stupid idea. It is very difficult transporting all the fixings, and not knowing what is at the house for dishes etc. Oh well, we’ll just make the best of it. So yes we are hosting but not at our home.

I'm hosting on Thanksgiving Day and then we are doing a potluck at my parents' house on Saturday.

We used to have 3 days of Thanksgiving... my MIL would never budge from having a holiday on the actual day, so we'd do Thursday dinner there. Friday, I would do my Thanksgiving dinner while I decorate for Christmas and over the weekend we'd go to my parents' house.

The kids used to laugh about how good my turkey was and how good my Mom's turkey was, but why is Grandma's turkey always so bad? That's because she would roast it until it was done and then she'd cook it some more, until it was good and done. lol It was always so dry.

When she stopped cooking (but we still had to have dinner at her house) we'd all chip in with the dinner and take the bird and all to her house. Then, it was delicious!

Now, she needs round the clock care, so we will go to visit, but not have dinner with her.

I’m cooking as usual my DD found a 6 pound Turkey just for me as she hates turkey !! I couldn’t believe she found such a small bird 🦃🦃 he’s going in the brine tonight !! Super excited as I love turkey 🦃🦃 she also got lobster tails 🦞🦞🦞🦞 another favorite !!! And Texas Sheet cake for dessert !! Yummy !! Can’t wait !! I’m in it for the turkey and cake !!!!
I’ve been doing the cooking & hosting all my life ! No matter what it’s been at my house !! I swear if I was dead they would bring me back to shop cook clean for the holidays 🤣🤣🤣🤣 otherwise they would sit on the couch and starve 🤣🤣🤣

It does happen, Sandy. We will be going to Vince's for Thanksgiving. We had it for years and years For probably the past 10 years or so, Vince's. He loves to cook. Marie will be bringing homemade bean dip that gets eaten like in 15 minutes. Everybody loves it. And she'll make/bring a number of other dishes plus some desserts.

Guest. I was afraid I would have to host a small gathering this year, but got invited somewhere so whoopee! I do not like cooking huge meals and it would have been much simpler if I had to cook. (Plus I don't like gravy or stuffing so making those is a pain).

Being the youngest of a big family, I had older sisters who actually liked to do Thanksgiving so I never had to do it. Last year some of our family had covid so it was just DH and I, very simple meal.

I'm a guest. I'll bring several dishes, but my mother-in-law is the host.

I am not a fan of most thanksgiving food. I think I successfully prevented myself from ever being asked to host, but commenting that if I ever host, I'm going to serve something I'm thankful for... and it isn't turkey... maybe lasagna? And, in fact, I did do that once. My nephew's marching band marched in an out-of-town Thanksgiving parade so our family Thanksgiving celebration was delayed till he got back (the Saturday after Thanksgiving). We had the people who were still here over on Thanksgiving Day... and since they would all be getting their turkey dinner a few days later, I made lasagna instead.

We are hosting this year, as we do most years. Just a small group of us, only 7 in total but I still go all out. Thanksgiving is really just a super enjoyable time for me, I love the hustle & bustle of it, the cooking and the group that gathers. It is my favorite holiday!

Funny my DD wanted lasagna and I was a firm NO - we didn’t have to have turkey since she hates it and I have a 25! Pound bird in freezer but I was like no on lasagna so that’s how bet was made she couldn’t find Turkey under 10 pounds - she said she made so much noise in store people were staring 🤣🤣🤣 he’s like a chicken he’s so tiny 🦃🦃🦃

Guest. Our Thanksgiving has passed but we did travel to my hometown for the holiday this year.
Would you mind sharing your hometown? I’m guessing it’s the rural town where you grew up. You previously mentioned not being a city girl from birth.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter