slo’s MONDAY 2/12 poll - Usher’s Halftime Show

Ushers Halftime Show - Rate how you liked it.

• 1 - it was awful - I hated every minute of it

Votes: 10 7.2%

Votes: 15 10.8%

Votes: 11 7.9%

Votes: 20 14.4%

Votes: 20 14.4%

Votes: 12 8.6%

Votes: 15 10.8%
  • 8 - it was awesome - I loved every minute of it

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • I didn’t see it

Votes: 27 19.4%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 1 0.7%

• Total voters
I'm not really a fan, was not familliar with the songs nor most of the guests. That said, I liked how they did the show. It was simple and effective. I really dug the roller-skating bit and the costumes were great.

I don’t know it was a mixed bag for me. I like Usher and Alicia. HER is a heck of a guitarist and I love me some Ludacris. lol Jon and Will I Am were ok
I enjoyed the roller skating and I was like what inwoudjnt give to be able to do that again but my knee would be thinking other wise.

It was fine. Hit on some nostalgia from my college days. I was most excited when Luda popped up.

"Other"

I admit to fast-forwarding over the halftime show in order to catch up to the real-time broadcast (we'd had to pause earlier in the game).

From what I caught at high speed, it was cleaner than a lot of years, so I'll give them that.

I really only know Usher as a coach on The Voice, though, not from his own music, so I wasn't invested in the show.

I did like seeing Reba sing at the beginning of the game.

The first bit was a little frustrating with audio issues, but once that got solved - I LOVED it! I was up dancing and singing along.

Hubby had the game on but I didn't watch it. I had ear buds in my ears and was watching YouTube, which was probably more entertaining.

Reactions: GAN

Usher could take his shirt off for me any day of the week and twice on Sundays.🤣

One of the most cohesive 1/2 time shows I’ve seen in decades. Each segment led readily into the next and was amazed by Jackson State’s marching band moves. The salute to A-Town’s skating crews and style was hat tipping and but wait-Usher can skate!?! Gadang.

Wasn't impressed, but not really an Usher fan and couldn't name any of his songs. I do know who A. Keys is so recognized her. A lot of singing seemed garbled and couldn't really make out the words. Not sure if there was some technical issue or that is how his songs tend to sound. Had to look up the names of the other 2 performers who sang toward the end, didn't know them either. Apparently the female guitar soloist is a well-known performer, thought it was just someone from the backup band. Most of the Super Bowl half-time shows seem like they try to jam as much into their 13 minute performance either because they cost so much to produce or want to reach as large an audience as possible. Shows always seem very hectic as a result.

Not any more likely to buy one of his albums or attend his live concert after seeing this show.

I was excited he was performing and the fact that he "hinted" there would be others.

When it started I was like "oh no" he's doing his over and over dance moves on the turf among circus people. His head mic was not working well with broadcast so you couldn't hear him or his being in any kind of tune. The music got lost in the chaos. It improved when Alicia joined, she really is a huge talent. But it still needed more POW, so far is was pretty much a snooze. It came off as an old man concert.

I didn't know by sight several of the mid line folks who joined them but that would have been the case if it were country music, maybe worse. BUT when Ludacris jumped on that stage it was now a show for me, add Lil Jon. It was clear that all the budget was used to pay the entertainers because there was no major props or special effects.

The shirt - I had to laugh, such an ego move. Hey look everybody I may be alot older but I am working out and you can see my big muscles. I'd rather see Jason Mamoa's Dad bod. I feel like him doing that was more his lack of confidence in his performance so he stripped. :rolleyes:

I really feel like most the recent Super Bowl half times have been quite lacking at all levels. This was no different. I suppose I will give it a 7 but without Ludacris and Lil Jon maybe a 5. If you didn't see it, you didn't miss anything big deal.

PS Being from Atlanta this is more what we should have had. Maroon Five has nothing to do with us. We should have had the Usher, Ludacris, Dupri, Lil Jon (who all performed last night) and we have dozens more top performers from here. Be nice if Super Bowl halfs highlighted the talent from their own community.

Reactions: GAN
Read somewhere the NFL doesn't pay the performers apparently thinking the reward is all of the free exposure from such a large audience (no idea if that is true or not).

I find it so interesting how everyone reacts differently to these things. I am not an Usher fan. I was expecting to hate it but I was actually very entertained. In my mind, it was absolutely what the half time show is supposed to be. I don't love his music but he is an excellent dancer. the other dancers and showmanship was perfect for Las Vegas.

I thought it was good overall - I'd give it a 6.

I agree that the sound seemed off in the first half of the show, though - something didn't seem right with his mic.

Not really an Usher fan, only recognized the one song. Couldn't tell you which one was Ludacris or Lil John. Don't care about dancing, prefer stars who just sing well and have good songs. Liked seeing Alicia Keys and H.E.R. though!

I liked it, but didn't love it. The audio felt too quiet at the beginning and I wanted to hear DJ Got Us Fallin' In Love.

I didn’t watch the halftime show. No interest in it. I only watched the pregame, and Reba singing the national anthem.

I find it so interesting how everyone reacts differently to these things. I am not an Usher fan. I was expecting to hate it but I was actually very entertained. In my mind, it was absolutely what the half time show is supposed to be. I don't love his music but he is an excellent dancer. the other dancers and showmanship was perfect for Las Vegas.

This is exactly how I feel. While I am not a big fan of these guys - nothing against them, just not my type of music - I found the show to be very well done. I do recognize that there were audio issues, but most Superbowl shows have that as they are not really setup for great acoustics.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter