slo’s MONDAY 2/12 poll - Usher’s Halftime Show

Ushers Halftime Show - Rate how you liked it.

• 1 - it was awful - I hated every minute of it

Votes: 10 7.2%

Votes: 15 10.8%

Votes: 11 7.9%

Votes: 20 14.4%

Votes: 20 14.4%

Votes: 12 8.6%

Votes: 15 10.8%
  • 8 - it was awesome - I loved every minute of it

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • I didn’t see it

Votes: 27 19.4%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 1 0.7%

• Total voters
This is exactly how I feel. While I am not a big fan of these guys - nothing against them, just not my type of music - I found the show to be very well done. I do recognize that there were audio issues, but most Superbowl shows have that as they are not really setup for great acoustics.
Of course there are going to be audio issues. It is on a field during a football game. :) I just think people expect too much. Was it entertaining? - Yes. Did it pass the time? - Yes. Is it fun that there was roller skating? yes. So I feel it did its job.

Well he didn't really sing. Both my husband and I found it to be lackluster and not really a performance. What a bummer that was.

Luda and Lil' Jon were what made it IMO. Luda shows how you can still go out there and be a performer. Usher did some physical moves especially with the roller skates but he's capable of singing too...unless he really isn't anymore and lacks the stamina.

I was rolled my eyes so dang hard though when Alicia Keys came out because for goodness sake play a different song.

You'd think this was a nice homage to mostly Millennials and bringing back our memories but I found it to be a weird way to do it.

I just think people expect too much.
In fairness to this point half-time performers have to be careful about how much they blast out how well they will do. There have been amazing or really well done half-time shows in the past (even as recent as several years ago) so I don't think when a disappointment happens due to an underwhelming performance is it really due to people expecting too much.

I was super surprised when I hooked up my antenna that I actually got some reception. It did keep cutting out but I was able to see most of the game and most of the half time show. I don’t like the bits and pieces of songs and wish they’d just chose 2-3 hits to focus on. And like @slo was NOT impressed with him taking his shirt off. There was no need for that.

I liked the show, but thought the shirt thing was a little pathetic/desperate. Reminded me of a tired hotel lounge singer or old Vegas has-been who's trying a wee bit too hard.

A real pro at the top of their game doesn't need to do crap like that.

I liked it a lot and thought he did a great job. I especially liked the first part which was like a tribute to Vegas and the roller skating part.

I liked the second half starting the roller skates. The mic issues to me are not acceptable at all as you could barely hear Usher sing. This production costs millions of dollars and the stars don’t get paid. I wouldn’t hire whoever was in charge again, working Mics is entertainment 101. I wonder if they could hear it in the stands as they didn’t seem to engaged with cheering either. I loved the marching band out on the field performing with him and the guest singers but overall I gave it a 4.

LOVED IT!!! I was singing and dancing in my living room. Although I can't move like I did back when we were hitting the clubs, lol! And when he took off his shirt....YUM.

So…..what did you all think of Usher’s halftime show yesterday?

Rate the show from 1-8
1 - being awful
8 - being awesome

For Me…..I really looked forward to this halftime show - I like many of Usher’s songs, I gotta say though, I wasn’t loving the show, but I didn’t hate it either. I‘m giving it a 4. The second he took off his shirt, I was instantly annoyed. I yelled out - put on a shirt. Truth be told - I say this in the car when I drive past a guy running with his shirt off. If he wants to be shirtless at his own concerts - fine, but not at The Super Bpwl - IMO. I was hoping to see Pitbull or Justin Bieber last night, since Usher did music with both of them, but this did not affect my rating. The roller skates were cool, but other parts were not. After watching Usher on stage, I now know that I’ll stick to his music on the radio and have no need to see his concerts.
So you are saying you were not impressed with the wardrobe malfunction during the show? Not the first time, won't be the last.

I personally thought it was one of the worst SB halftime shows ever, worst being the Disney themed one that played to almost nobody because it also happened to be the day Desert Storm kicked off. That was 100% cringe, this was just...bad. I kept thinking if I don't like it at home and I've got an on-field camera view, just how bad must it be for the people who were there in the stadium? Best for me was a couple of years ago that features Snoop Dogg, Eminem, etc.

I don’t know it was a mixed bag for me. I like Usher and Alicia. HER is a heck of a guitarist and I love me some Ludacris. lol Jon and Will I Am were ok
I enjoyed the roller skating and I was like what inwoudjnt give to be able to do that again but my knee would be thinking other wise.
Luda was the highlight, and if you had been there in person you literally could not have picked him out of the crowd he was performing in.

The singing was a 2. The dancing was a 5. The skates were awesome and an 8.

So, I gave it an overall 4, b/c I do weigh singing more than dancing.

I wasn't too impressed with the show. I thought that it was pointless for him to take off his shirt. It felt like he was trying to copy some of the female singers from prior shows rather than bring something more unique to him.
He takes off his shirt a lot, though. Like with Adam Levine, I would've been more surprised if he kept it on the whole time.

It was fine, but not great. I really would have preferred more than 10 seconds from the album that made him famous in '97.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter