slo’s MONDAY 2/19 poll - Cheerios 🥣

Cheerios - Do you eat them and what flavor do you enjoy? (m.c.)

• Yes - I eat Cheerios

Votes: 71 64.5%
  • No - I do not eat Cheerios

Votes: 33 30.0%
  • Regular/Original

Votes: 49 44.5%
  • Honey Nut

Votes: 35 31.8%
  • Multi-Grain

Votes: 13 11.8%
  • Frosted

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Cinnamon or Apple Cinnamon

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Chocolate or Chocolate Peanut Butter

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • Blueberry or Very Berry

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other - please post your answer (there are other flavors that I don’t have room to post)

Votes: 9 8.2%

• Total voters

slo

My tag used to say - I'm a Tonga Toast Junkie 😁
Cheerios were introduced on May 2, 1941 and many of us were raised eating them. Some of us still eat them.
How about you……

Do you eat Cheerios cereal?
If yes….what flavor(s) do you enjoy eating?
(multiple choice)

For Me…..I do enjoy eating Cheerios a few times a week. I mainly eat Honey Nut Cheerios, but I have been known to eat the frosted once in awhile.

IMG_1580.jpeg

Cheerios has been one of my favorite cereals since childhood. My favorite way to eat it is with blueberries. My second choice is with bananas. I don't usually eat them unless I have some fruit to go with it. :)

My favorite is Honey Nut Cheerios, but sometimes I buy original.

The Apple Cinnamon ones are probably like Apple Jacks, if those are still around.

No I don't eat them. They just don't seem to fill me up so I stick with shredded wheat (boring).

I don't eat Cheerios, but DH does. When I first met him, and for years after, all he'd eat for breakfast every single day was a bowl of original Cheerios. A purist, it had to be Cheerios, not store brand, and NEVER a flavor. He has now branched out and will eat the honey nut and multigrain Cheerios, too.

Funny story- We went to visit at my mom's and she knew of DH's love of Cheerios, so she always would by a box when we went to visit. This time was no different; there was the box of Cheerios on top of the fridge. He poured himself a bowl and ate them, but was distraught: They were different, not his beloved Cheerios, woe is me, whatever will I do, my cereal is no longer... you get the drift. I learned later that day that the box itself was from our last trip, but the cereal inside was stale so my mom bought store brand and put it in the real Cheerios box, thinking DH would never notice! He was SO RELIEVED!

I should add that, given the price of cereal, DH will now eat store-brand honey nut and store-brand multigrain, but if he is having original Cheerios, they MUST be CHEERIOS!

@Christine You are not boring, you'd fit right in at DH's breakfast table. His favorite cereal is Shredded Wheat with Bran! Other favorites are cheerios, wheaties, regular shredded wheat, and wheat chex. He also likes the other chex cereals, bran flakes, and grape nuts. When he wants "junk" cereal, he'll do raisin bran or Life. Sigh. I haven't met a sugar-sweetened cereal I don't love, so we don't usually share the same breakfast, hahaha!

Never been a fan of cheerios.

When I did eat breakfast cereals a very long time ago it was Lucky Charms, Fruity Pebbles, and the Monster cereals (Boo berry, Fruit Brute, Frakenberry and Count Chocula).

BTW - You can buy just the marshmallows and add them to your Cheerios to make them edible ;)
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0714JDC5D?psc=1&ref_=cm_sw_r_cp_ud_ct_8BQ79TV9A7FMTRJEMKEJ

I see that Lucky Charms also sells just the Marshmallows, but they are way overpriced as its a special limited edition for St Patrick's Day 2024 - so about 4 times the price.

I treated myself and my wallet to Pumpkin Spice Cheerios two weeks ago. They were closing that flavor out for $1.50 box.
Normally I buy the Great Value knock off. I like the flavor better and it has a hair less sugar than the real thing. The sugar level of the flavored versions are the reason I normally don't buy them.

Every once in a while I'll treat myself to a bowl of Cheerios with some banana. I have a horrible habit of pouring loads of sugar on them, which is why I only have a bowl once or twice a year.

I'm a Corn Chex girl now. I have a cup of that and some fruit for breakfast most days.

I prefer original cheerios, but can eat the multigrain in a pinch. All of the other flavors are way too sweet. Even when I was a kid I was most excited for Cracklin' Oat Bran vs the sugary sweet stuff like fruit loops.

@Christine You are not boring, you'd fit right in at DH's breakfast table. His favorite cereal is Shredded Wheat with Bran! Other favorites are cheerios, wheaties, regular shredded wheat, and wheat chex. He also likes the other chex cereals, bran flakes, and grape nuts. When he wants "junk" cereal, he'll do raisin bran or Life. Sigh. I haven't met a sugar-sweetened cereal I don't love, so we don't usually share the same breakfast, hahaha!
I'm with your husband-I love the laxative cereals also!

I rarely eat cereal at all as I don’t like milk but we always have regular Cheerios in the house for my husband to eat every morning. Once in a great while I’ll eat a bowl with a little trickle of milk on them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter